Forums > General Industry > runway shots in portflios

Model

Phoenix E

so.....i am doing four runway shows in the next two months....i am obviously going to end up with a bunch of images from those...
my question is this: how much of a priority should i give those in my portflio? do photographers like seeing those? i am certainly going to include at least one, but should i do more than that?

Apr 13 06 02:21 pm Link

Model

Michelle Easter

New York, New York, US

I've found that clients like to see them but not full size prints in your book. I made a collage of a bunch of small runway shots and behind the scenes type shots and put it in the back page of my book, and people like to look at them after seeing all of my more professional photos, plus it lets them know that you work a lot. As far as online, I have one runway shot up, but I wouldnt put any more, cuz the non-runway ones are usually better photographs overall anyways. just my opinion though :p

oh and good luck with your shows! smile

Apr 13 06 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

https://www.terragear.org/docs/scenery-tutorial/ksyr-runway.jpg

I like this one.

Apr 13 06 03:05 pm Link

Model

Michelle Easter

New York, New York, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:
https://www.terragear.org/docs/scenery-tutorial/ksyr-runway.jpg

I like this one.

great lines in that shot! :p

Apr 13 06 03:13 pm Link

Model

Phoenix E

Michelle Easter wrote:
I've found that clients like to see them but not full size prints in your book. I made a collage of a bunch of small runway shots and behind the scenes type shots and put it in the back page of my book, and people like to look at them after seeing all of my more professional photos, plus it lets them know that you work a lot. As far as online, I have one runway shot up, but I wouldnt put any more, cuz the non-runway ones are usually better photographs overall anyways. just my opinion though :p

oh and good luck with your shows! smile

thanks smile
the collage idea had not occurred to me...it's a great idea.....

Apr 13 06 03:35 pm Link