Forums > General Industry > Which do you prefer?

Makeup Artist

Lola Knikki

Houston, Texas, US

Male or Female Photographers?

It seems to me that the hottest chicks are alot more willing to do more with a male photographer than a female photog incuding getting naked. There is so much apprehension when asked by a female to model, why?

Apr 13 06 12:40 am Link

Photographer

StevenNoreyko

Austin, Texas, US

I like the female photographers. Well.. that's mostly because I'm Hetero and I dig chicks with cameras.

smile

-steve

Apr 13 06 01:39 am Link

Model

Magnoliamodel

That depends on the model, some feel more comfortable with females when exposing their body, some feel more comfortable with males, and it would also depend on how well they work together and how comfortable they feel. I would feel quite uncomfortable with a insenitive unprofessional male photographer yet feel comfy with a male photographer that kept it professional and chatted a bit lol. < thats just me ( case study eheheh)

Apr 13 06 10:00 am Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

Magnolia or Nola wrote:
insenitive unprofessional male photographer yet feel comfy with a male photographer that kept it professional and chatted a bit lol.

so you would feel comfortable with an insensitive unprofessional female photographer, then?

Apr 13 06 10:03 am Link

Photographer

edgymodels

Atlantic Beach, Florida, US

who ever can make's you edgy.. my favorite photographer is a girl, jodi jones www.jonesimage.com i learn a lot from her and she's a great friend as well...
michel
edgy models

Apr 13 06 10:09 am Link

Photographer

Christofer Rodriguez

San Bernardino, California, US

One of my photographer girl friends asked me to get naked for an assignment she had so I said "why not!"  "but your getting naked for me," I said.

Yeah I really don't think I could make that same deal with one of my guy photo friends.

Apr 13 06 10:12 am Link

Photographer

Yuriy

Gillette, New Jersey, US

StevenNoreyko wrote:
I like the female photographers. Well.. that's mostly because I'm Hetero and I dig chicks with cameras.

smile

-steve

I second this.
I preffer attractive female photographers too.
wink

Apr 13 06 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Rya Nell

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Lola Knikki wrote:
Male or Female Photographers?

It seems to me that the hottest chicks are alot more willing to do more with a male photographer than a female photog incuding getting naked. There is so much apprehension when asked by a female to model, why?

You're making an observataion, and then arriving at an assumption.   But your assumption has holes in it.

I seriously doubt that "there is so much apprehension."

Just more male photographers. And (hetero) males love naked women.  Hence, lots of the "hottest chicks"  are working with male photographers. 

Numbers and Nature.

Apr 13 06 11:37 am Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Wierd because I would have thought the assumption would have been that it was easier with a female photographer to "get yer kit off"so to speak.
Being as they have all the same bits n bobs as you do just in varying sizes.

Either way its the person I am being photographed by not the sex they are.
the sex doesnt really matter, its who they are all about and how they are that is the important bit if we are going to work well.

Apr 13 06 11:43 am Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

Sirensong wrote:
Either way its the person I am being photographed by not the sex they are.
the sex doesnt really matter, its who they are all about and how they are that is the important bit if we are going to work well.

Well put...I agree. It all depends on the person.

Apr 13 06 11:45 am Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

Well I know the OP asked this question of "hot chick" models, but I will answer it anyway.  To me, it generally does not make a difference as to what sex the photog is for most types of work.  However, if the requirement was to "get naked and look sexy", it would probably be much more natural to interact with a female photog.  But on the other hand, its a job. If model and photog are the same sex (and heterosexual) than at least you don't have to be concerned about ulterior motives and you can focus on creating the look that is needed for the shoot. So I guess for me, it all depends more on how professional the photog is about his or her work. And how they interact with me. - I like to work with open-minded, respectful and friendly people of either sex.

Apr 13 06 12:15 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

I wouldn mind getting naked for a female photographer...its the males i worry about....**theyre humpting you with thier eyes***...lol smile

I am comfortable with my body, but i just cant get over sometimes being nervousin front of another male photographer...it just feels weird...beause guys will be guys..not mater how professional they are

Apr 13 06 12:34 pm Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

CristinaLex wrote:
I wouldn mind getting naked for a female photographer...its the males i worry about....**theyre humpting you with thier eyes***...lol smile

I have heard of eyes on stalks but good god thats a feat and a half if they can do it tongue

Apr 13 06 12:39 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

Sirensong wrote:

I have heard of eyes on stalks but good god thats a feat and a half if they can do it tongue

I mean they may not seem like that they are saying or doing n e thing inappropriate...but like i said guys are guys and will thin what they would like to do to you or imagine you other wise..thus me being silly and saying "thier humping you with thier eyes"...lol

Apr 13 06 12:41 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

damn db post

Apr 13 06 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

CristinaLex wrote:
...it just feels weird...beause guys will be guys..not mater how professional they are

I do not understand this mentality at all. You are in an industry that thrives and breathes on finding attractive, beautiful and, yes, even *gasp* sexy things about the models being photographed. But you "feel weird" about it if those same things that drew the photographer to work with you are still on his mind while shooting???

Sometimes it's not about the professionalism of the photographer but about the sensible modesty of the model.

Apr 13 06 12:48 pm Link