Forums > General Industry > interesting clothing snags/hangups?

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

I'm compiling a list here...example: long skirt caught in a door (that's happened to me before with car doors)...or, if someone's sleeve were to get stuck on something, what would it be and what kind of shirt? another annoyance of mine-the velcro of my knee supports getting stuck to my dance pants and itself. What are your stories?

Apr 12 06 12:27 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Late to class, I run down the hall, whip open the door, unknowingly catching the doorhandle on my over the shoulder bag, I lunge myself right into the ground.

*bows* I am the epitome of grace.

Apr 12 06 12:37 am Link

Photographer

Yuriy

Gillette, New Jersey, US

Doing some nature photography > I turn to grab a fresh roll > jacket hits tripod (with camera attached) > tripod falling > I dive for tripod = save camera, ruin a roll of film, and get dirty.

I can't even count the number of times I've almost fell from running somewhere and getting my jacket or shirt caught on something lol.

Apr 12 06 09:26 am Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

Funny! Sometimes horses like to bump into me, or I almost trip over a squirrel.

Apr 12 06 04:18 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

Usually for me it just has to do with somehow getting Starbucks on freshly pressed white cuffs.  I could be the only person not drinking any and yet still........

Apr 12 06 09:51 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

Starbucks...I see a frappucino cup in the recycle bin and instantly know which of my friends was recently around...

Apr 12 06 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

Simon Gerzina

Brooklyn, New York, US

I've caught the hem or tail of a shirt on a light stand and sent it toppling too many times to count...it's one of the reasons why I try to shoot in just a fitted tshirt and comfortable jeans whenever the temperature's hospitable - less fabric to catch on something.

Back when I shot concerts regularly you'd learn pretty quickly not to set anything down in a club or venue if you could avoid it.  I remember tossing my leather jacket over a PA cabinet at CBGBs during a show one night and picking it up an hour or two later to find someone had spilled an entire beer into it...

Apr 13 06 10:09 am Link

Model

Magnoliamodel

buckled shoes getting attached to my tights lol, bracelets attaching themselves to anything clickable and shoe heels getting stuck in cracks of pavements lol! man thats annoying xxx

Apr 13 06 10:28 am Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

...and when you're wearing heels, watch out for things like escalators...

Apr 13 06 11:18 am Link