Forums > General Industry > For those of you also on OMP

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

are you having trouble with their image uploader? I was able to use the one on here so Im not sure if its my computer or their site.

Apr 10 06 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

CSI-PHOTO

Trenton, Michigan, US

Yes, I had trouble uploading

Apr 10 06 01:07 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

So its just the site. Whew!

Apr 10 06 01:08 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Yes, they moved their image hosting machines and they're completely dead.

Not to bash on them in particular, but ANY commercial site that doesn't test their changes before pushing them deserves to be out of business.

Apr 10 06 01:10 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

They have had issues with a couple things for the past few days off and on. At times as soon as I type in the URL and go to it I get a pop up window asking for my login and password, which is not normal. Just a glitch that happens now and then.

Apr 10 06 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

That's nothing.  If I use Netscape and try to upload, it gives me a pop up that says something about syntax errors, etc. Then I move to Explorer, and when I log in , I have to go "Home", await the Pic of the Day pop up, THEN I can go to "Manage my profile", so I can upload/change anything.    Pain in the ass, it is...... don't think I'll be renewing after this membership expires...... and that includes the fact that about the only biz I get off of OMP is for renting out my house as a rental.      so........

Apr 10 06 01:24 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Well this is the first major problem I have encountered wit their site. I think its probably easier for models to get work on there than for photographers though so I can see your point.

Apr 10 06 01:28 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

When I first joined OMP I had problems with logging in.  I would type in the correct user name and password, but it would still keep sending me to the log-in page.  Each time I had to log in like three times in a row before it finally went through, and I thought that was ridiculous to have to deal with that every time.  I had asked a photographer friend if he ever had problems with the OMP site, and he was like "Yeah, don't worry...it's not just you; the site is always messed up." 

By the way, I haven't seen the results of who won the OMP Swimsuit Competition (I had entered it).  Does anyone know?

Apr 10 06 06:51 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

I'm still having problems today- took down a bunch of pictures so I could put up some new ones and I keep getting the syntax errors. It sucks when you pay for a site and there are problems like this for 48 horus now...

Apr 11 06 09:03 am Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I can't get OMP to work at all in Firefox any more.  So hell with 'em!  I've got better things to waste my time on.

Apr 11 06 09:06 am Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

LarryB wrote:
I can't get OMP to work at all in Firefox any more.  So hell with 'em!  I've got better things to waste my time on.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I use Mozilla regularly & haven't had any problems.

Although I will admit to the chat never working for my login. Other people logins would work but when I'd try do the same thing on their computer. I'd get an error message.

Apr 12 06 07:46 am Link

Model

PorchiaCorine

Portsmouth, Virginia, US

I have had problems with uploading images as well...Im not sure if this is worth the cheap $9.95 I pay every month! LOL! And like someone else said I hardly ever get any jobs off of there so what is the point, I get more work here on MM then OMP! smile

Apr 12 06 08:21 am Link

Photographer

WBV Artography

San Antonio, Texas, US

I guess I'm the odd man out as I've had no probs either getting models accessing the site or anything else.  I use Mozilla.

Apr 13 06 05:06 am Link