Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Just curious... how often do you change your avatar?  Each time you do a new shoot?  Once a week?   When the city council votes on it?

What made you decide to choose the avatar you currently have?

Also, is your avatar your most viewed/commented photo?   Just a friendly discussion and a question I was curious about smile

Apr 09 06 01:06 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Meade

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I pick my Avi based on what type of shooting I'm working on at the time...

sometimes its a recent shoot that I think is better than most of what I have... but typically its based on what shooting mode I'm in.

The Avatar I have  now is because I think its a good shot... and I'm into Beauty shots right now.

Apr 09 06 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

This one is my third ever since I joined...

Apr 09 06 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

I've had two avatars I have kept longer than others, but I've probably used about 10-12 different avatars since I have joined.  Lately I have been picking avatars to just... well draw some attention to my profile when I add new pics, make announcements, posts. etc

Apr 09 06 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

EL PIC

Austin, Indiana, US

This is my second and plan to trademark it.

E L

Apr 09 06 06:14 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

New Pictures=New avatar.

Apr 09 06 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

Love the Arts

Malibu, California, US

Never!

Apr 09 06 06:26 pm Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

i just pick the photo in my port that i feel is the most attention-getting, and oriented portrait-wise.

Apr 09 06 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

MartinCoatesIV

Panama City Beach, Florida, US

this is my third avatar, It is a pic of me.

https://img3.modelmayhem.com/060309/14/44109045e8bb7.jpg

Apr 09 06 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I change my avatar more often than I change my toothbrush and less often than I change my underwear.

Apr 09 06 06:55 pm Link

Model

Anna Michelle

Pensacola, Florida, US

hahaha^

I change mine when I take a notion to do so...no more no less....and I picked the one I have because I gave myself the haircut.

Apr 09 06 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

new pics new avatar.

it drives me crazy that some people will have a really horrible photograph as their avatar for literally months and you want to smack them upside the head with a two by four, boil the skin off their bones and make paper from their crushed pelvic...

what was i talking about?

Apr 09 06 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Star wrote:
it drives me crazy that some people will have a really horrible photograph as their avatar for literally months and you want to smack them upside the head with a two by four, boil the skin off their bones and make paper from their crushed pelvic...

Are new lousy photos any better than old lousy photos?  wink

Apr 09 06 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

I bore quickly. I ditest profiles that keep the same avatar. I figure if they don't update the Avatar they don't update the profile...so why go look a second time? Even when I realize this is a bad generalization I just can't get by the frekin' avatar to go see.
Mike

Apr 09 06 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

I tried switching them up, but since this pic is a fav of mine, I've kept it as my avatar longer than others.

Apr 09 06 07:23 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I only change my avatar when I think I have something more eyecatching than what is currently being used.  Since I don't tend to use the shoutbox or tags very much, it's the only real way I can draw people to my profile here on the forums.

Apr 09 06 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Usually my avatar is my favorite recent image I have taken that is not 18+  If I have a few recent favs- I rotate them.

I figure every image in my port should be able to be my avatar- or else it probably shouldnt be in my port (except the 18+ stuff).

Apr 09 06 08:08 pm Link

Model

Katarzyna

Fairfield, New Jersey, US

When I get that new picture that becomes 'my favorite' thats the one i use, but if i do a shoot and i still have an old favorite i keep the old one

Apr 09 06 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

I haven't changed my avatar since I did the photo shoot that got that picture back in the fall.  Why?  Well, a lot of folks seem to like the photo, so I kept it.

smile

Apr 09 06 09:45 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

i change mine once every two years when the moon ins adjacent to the sun of jupiter and parallel to the stars of venus but almost right next to URANUS...LMAO....im soo out of it right noiw

Apr 10 06 11:42 am Link

Model

-suede-

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I change my avatar every time I get bored of my current one or find a new one that I think will catch peoples eyes.  This is probably my 6 or 7th one since I joined last year.

Apr 10 06 11:49 am Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

I just officially become a MM member a few days ago, and I chose this avatar because I really like my smile and the pose.  I'll probably change my avatar after each shoot.

Apr 10 06 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Aitken

Seattle, Washington, US

I tried switching my avatar around every few days for a while. But then I decided that it was a hassle, and causes confusion. This avatar looks good, shows up big in thumbnail view, is consistent with my unique art photography, and people recognize it and remember it. So I'm leaving it for a while until I find some compelling reason to change it.

Generally, the avatars that I see that are the most useless are horizontal images that don't show up well in thumbnail size. They might look great full size, but if I can't make out what it is when it is small, then it doesn't make a very good first impression.

Apr 10 06 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

How often? Couple of times a week (give or take)

Why this one? I liked it

Most viewed? Sometimes

Apr 10 06 08:13 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

In the beginning when I first joined, I kept the save picture because it got the most attention.  In fact that shot still has the most hits.  I had a generic shot which is my business card.  Sometimes I'll put that up.  I'd like to have people see the image and know that it's me right away. A trade mark so to speak.  R-

Apr 12 06 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

My current avatar is perhaps my best image to date - that doesn't have an 18+ on it.  An epic shoot that was months in the planning.

It's eyecatching enough as a thumbnail to not be totally overlooked.

And, it's certainly out of the ordinary when you actually open it - (which nobody really does - since so few people look at photographers images here)

However, - the model Raverchic #40800 has it posted as well and I live voyeuristically thru her received comments -  LOL

VintageV

Apr 13 06 01:40 am Link