Forums > General Industry > Beach Location in So Cal

Model

MELISSAANN

Corona, California, US

Wondering if anybody knows of the exceptable beaches to shoot at without interference from authorities (non-nude). Is it true that permits are needed to shoot at some beaches?
Any information would be helpful
thanks

Apr 07 06 03:18 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

MELISSAANN wrote:
Wondering if anybody knows of the exceptable beaches to shoot at without interference from authorities (non-nude). Is it true that permits are needed to shoot at some beaches?
thanks

I've never gotten a permit to shoot bikini at the beach before ... but that is mostly in Northern Cali ... however I've shot in Santa Barbara with no problem.  I'm driving South along the coast the next couple weeks and will be checking beachs for potential locations.

Apr 07 06 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

MELISSAANN wrote:
thanks

Avoid state beaches.  All other beaches I have used I have never had an issue.  I've had police approach me and ask why I was up in a lifeguard tower and then suggested that we hurry up because we're not suppose to be up there.  I've had lifeguards loan us a shovel and ask if the girl was going to take her top off any time soon...so far my experience at regular beaches has been good.  The one time I shot at a state beach, a lifeguard asked if we had a permit.  When I said no, he told that we're suppose to have one.  He then continued walking and told us to have fun but if the Park Ranger comes by, he never saw us.

Apr 07 06 05:03 pm Link

Photographer

SHEdriven Photography

Fort Worth, Texas, US

I havent had any issues with authorities at Long beach, Manhattan beach or Pacific Palisades. You should be good unles your shooting nude or partial nude. Just make sure its not on holiday or time when alot of families are playing near by. lol

Apr 08 06 05:36 pm Link