Forums > General Industry > Missing the point...

Photographer

SEPPI

Portland, Oregon, US

:0

Apr 07 06 01:30 am Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Beyond Images wrote:
I read the purpose of this site before I joined it. I'm not really complaining because I see how it got out-of-hand. People, this site was intended for agencies, promoters, advertisers and designers to HIRE models, photographers & stylists...

I have seen complaints about "selling out". I have seen hundreds of TFP/TFCD ads...
What the hell?

How is any professional booking agent going to take this seriously?
No really. Pretend you're an agent & do a search in your area for any one of the professionals suposedly being repped on this site. Set yourself a REAL topic that is being marketed in your area & pose the question:
If I owned the distribution rights to this line of whatever, can I find a reliable professional that I can trust with my real money to represent my product?

I know this is suppose to be a supportive environment for those struggling models, actors, photographers, yada, yada, yada... and really, there are some amaising artists on this site. Truly impressive in skill, quality & professionalism and I would hire a great number of you. This is for those of you, and you know who you aren't, who "want to be a model/photographer..." Please, the key in this business is pride & professionalism.

Give in and sell out.

For those of you who want to express your personal artistic creative skills, Suicide Girls kicks ass!

Send your hate mail to...

this site is meant for agencies and managers?????
wow, hmmm didn't know that...
thought they get banned everytime they pop up on here....
this site is really for photographers and models and stylists and muas to meet and so forth. Some work together some don't

but i dont think this site was ever for agencies and managers..

Apr 07 06 01:31 am Link

Photographer

SEPPI

Portland, Oregon, US

Well, thats too bad.
There is some real talent that deserves to get some paid work here & the mission statement from MM says that that's its goal...

Really, nothing negative was meant by this. I really see some talent that can go on to make global names of themselves here and aparently I misunderstood.

I use MySpace for this kind of chatting so I thought... well, I guess we all know what we get when we assume.

TTFN

Apr 07 06 01:40 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Beyond Images wrote:
I read the purpose of this site before I joined it. I'm not really complaining because I see how it got out-of-hand. People, this site was intended for agencies, promoters, advertisers and designers to HIRE models, photographers & stylists...

I use MySpace for this kind of chatting so I thought... well, I guess we all know what we get when we assume.

Actually, the homepage clearly states:

"This is a website for models and photographers to post their pictures and network (read: talk smack) with each other. Kind of like a portfolio website with a Friendster/Myspace feel to it."

You have been a member on this site for less than 30 days and only made 11 posts in the forums. To have you come along and inform us of why the site was made and explain the purpose of the site is really wonderful. Thank you so much! The rest of us had no idea.

You might want to tell the creator of the site that the reason the site exists is actually different than the reason he thinks it does. I'm sure he'd like to know.

Apr 07 06 04:48 am Link

Model

Carmilla

Highland, California, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

"This is a website for models and photographers to post their pictures and network (read: talk smack) with each other. Kind of like a portfolio website with a Friendster/Myspace feel to it."

You have been a member on this site for less than 30 days and only made 11 posts in the forums. To have you come along and inform us of why the site was made and explain the purpose of the site is really wonderful. Thank you so much! The rest of us had no idea.

You might want to tell the creator of the site that the reason the site exists is actually different than the reason he thinks it does. I'm sure he'd like to know.

You're such an a**, but at least you're honest

Apr 07 06 04:54 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

A classic.  Finally a post you did that I actually love.  well done.  bs

Apr 07 06 06:58 am Link

Model

Belle OHara

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Does anyone else think its fishy that this guy is brand new, bashing the site and most of the people on it already and on top of that promoting a group that most people know has been screwing people over? I do.

Apr 07 06 07:18 am Link

Photographer

MikeyBoy

Milltown, Wisconsin, US

now now, lets not be too hard on the guy from oregon, hotbed of world fashion ..

after all he took time from his busy international shooting schedule to descend from the heavens and communicate with us and tell us what we should all aspire to be... and how some of us dont live up to his lofty expectations of what he thinks the MM world should be....

i can tell you, that my life and viewpoint has been changed forever.... i will now crawl out from the gutter of MM and myspace and Suicide Girls and dream of much loftier goals.... smile

Apr 07 06 07:23 am Link

Model

HurtMeSo

Paris, Arkansas, US

Beyond Images wrote:
For those of you who want to express your personal artistic creative skills, Suicide Girls kicks ass!

ROFL!!!

Apr 07 06 07:40 am Link

Photographer

Doug Harvey

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

lol...Everybody else already said it...

Sits back and watches the fun...

Apr 07 06 07:47 am Link

Photographer

SEPPI

Portland, Oregon, US

I love shuving a stick into a bee hive!

Talking out of my ass stirs so many into action, makes us look at ourselves & validate or rethink.
I realy do like this site, new or not, I think its great that there is a place like this where people who have a lot in common, even obscurely, can vent together & on occasion help eachother out.

Eric, love the passion man! you may want to cut back the coffee intake, but love the passion!

Apr 07 06 07:28 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

How is any professional booking agent going to take this seriously?

If Tyler had meant for this site to be taken seriously by "real" professionals, it probably wouldn't have things like the shoutbox or tag system.

(Shrug.)

It's meant to be a myspace for the photography/modelling community, AFAIK. 

It's a great resource for like-minded hobbyists, that's for sure.

Apr 07 06 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Beyond Images wrote:
I love shuving a stick into a bee hive!

Talking out of my ass stirs so many into action, makes us look at ourselves & validate or rethink.

Eric, love the passion man! you may want to cut back the coffee intake, but love the passion!

Shoving a stick into a beehive? Stir so many into action?

(snicker)

Oh my God. No. No. No. I think you thought you were achieving this:

https://www.the-mathom-house.com/sitebuilder/images/weta-cave-troll-250x192.jpg

But what you actually accomplished was more like this:

https://www.funtasticnovelties.com/itemsimages/troll%20-%201.5.jpg

Apr 08 06 03:49 am Link

Photographer

SEPPI

Portland, Oregon, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

Shoving a stick into a beehive? Stir so many into action?

(snicker)

Oh my God. No. No. No. I think you thought you were achieving this:

https://www.the-mathom-house.com/sitebuilder/images/weta-cave-troll-250x192.jpg

But what you actually accomplished was more like this:

https://www.funtasticnovelties.com/itemsimages/troll%20-%201.5.jpg

You're all right, I apologize.
Ruff week + ruff drink made me spue nonsense.
No excuses, just an apology.

Apr 08 06 08:37 am Link