Forums > General Industry > Wardrobe stylist for Bands?????

Hair Stylist

ARIES

Los Angeles, California, US

I already saw the huge thread on this for models but this girl came up to my boyfriend after his show. Hes of course in a band. She wanted to be their stylist for free... at first... What does that mean? Dosent someone need to fork out the money for the clothes??? She cant possibly mean that she would pay for them, right? Why would anyone want to do that? Theres 5 Poor Ass guys in the band, so they could never pay for one anyways. Does anyone know what she means when she said "work for free, at first" ???? It sounds to me that later she would charge them alot or maybe she was just flirting...who knows?

Jul 04 05 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

She wants to give them a look, but they are going to have to pay for the clothing.

She may see potential and think she can get paid work if she can make them look better.

She may be looking for a way to make time with your bf too...

Jul 04 05 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

She may be interested in working with bands she thinks have the potential to be big one day, and ride their coattails.  (Okay, if her work helps them become big, it's not exactly riding coattails, but you know what I mean.)  I've done free photography for some of my favorite bands for that reason.  Still waiting for them to make it big and hire me as their official tour photographer...

Jul 04 05 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

piers

London, Arkansas, US

Adding to what Brian posted above...

A good stylist working with a good, well established artist or band won't have to pay for all the clothes, they will get some of them free as it comes out of the designer/brand's PR budget.

If this girl has really good contacts with a bunch of fledgling designers there might just be an opportunity for everyone to be a winner - if the band really take off - and if her choice of clothing suits them. If it all goes well the band get free styling, the brand(s) get great publicity and the stylist gets a very nice feather in her cap (folio).

Jul 04 05 02:29 pm Link

Hair Stylist

ARIES

Los Angeles, California, US

Thanks...

Jul 06 05 10:41 pm Link