Forums > General Industry > posting in forums

Photographer

Kruse Images

ST JOHN, Mississippi, US

MM is not the place to post in forums....too many high and mighty flamers here....Seems some can't just call you on something they have to make a major issue of it and flame you to a crisp. Just because you know more on a subject than the other person doesn't mean you have to grind them into the ground over it. I thought omp was bad...well it is, but posting anything here at MM is like open season, with you as the target. Ok I'm ducking out now...I know this will get me shot for sure.
Peace...............................................

Apr 05 06 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Let me guess . . .

The thread that has gotten you hyperventilating is this one:  https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=39764

How'd I do?

If you want to come on the forum and actually talk about something you really know about, that's fine.  If you want to come on and give opinions that someone isn't going to rely on to their detriment, that's fine too. 

Here's what you need to understand:  When you come onto a forum and say things about the law that are contrary to fact - worse, have no known foundation in fact - you can expect people to disagree with you.  When you come onto a forum and give advice that is dangerous to models and to photographers both, you can expect to be taken to task for it, and your bad advice and misstatements corrected.

And that's what happened.

Go ahead and complain about it all you want . . . it's hard for me to see that the community is best served by allowing people to say irresponsible things and not have them corrected.

Apr 05 06 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

Kruse Images

ST JOHN, Mississippi, US

First of all I did NOT give advise...I did not say I KNEW the the law, I only stated MY "understanding" of the the law in my area...I also stated I might be wrong. No reason for you to get so bent over those statements. Your not the only one here that takes things way too far in proveing your far above the average Joe.
Enjoy your GOD like attitude...if it makes you feel better...be happy.

Apr 05 06 03:51 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Sounds like you don't avoid the Off-Topic forum as much as I do. :p

Apr 05 06 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

Kruse Images

ST JOHN, Mississippi, US

Believe me this is my last post at MM.....signing off for good here....lmao

Apr 05 06 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Kruse Images wrote:

Good luck in all of your endeavours.  If you can't take a little criticism on an Internet forum, you're going to need it.

Apr 05 06 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Kruse Images wrote:

Well, we are all a little safer now, I guess.  No more posts from you giving bad, dangerous information (call it advice or not as you wish, it's all the same) to models and photographers.

I can live with that.

Apr 05 06 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

You wont be dodging any flames from THIS poster.  In fact... I pretty much dont know SHIT... and I usually forget 3/4's of what I've learned here anyway... it's a bitch gettin old... wink   I am MAJORLY a leach... suckin up loads of information and knowledge from every forum and knowledgeable participant on this site... but DAMN... if I could only retain it... you guys would be in trouble... wink

Apr 05 06 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Kruse Images wrote:
MM is not the place to post in forums

Fair enough.

Kruse Images wrote:

Fair enough also. (2006-04-05 15:57:27 - let's see how long it lasts.)

Apr 05 06 06:06 pm Link