Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

News story repeated without comment:
===================================================

Cameron Diaz Wins Suit Over Topless Photos
From Associated Press
April 05, 2006 9:55 AM EDT

LOS ANGELES - A judge has awarded Cameron Diaz damages in a civil lawsuit filed against a photographer who took topless photos of the actress when she was 19 and later tried to sell them back to her for $3.5 million.

Superior Court Judge Valerie Baker awarded an undisclosed amount in statutory damages to Diaz and dismissed a countersuit filed against the "Charlie's Angels" star by photographer John Rutter. Baker's summary judgment was entered March 9 and made public last week.

Diaz had sued Rutter in July 2003 after the photographer tried to sell her the images before shopping them to others. She has said a model release form was forged.

Rutter countersued a few months later, accusing Diaz of fraud and breach of contract. Her attorneys brought the case to police and Rutter was arrested and brought to trial. He was convicted last year of forgery, perjury and attempted grand larceny.

He has been serving a nearly four-year prison sentence.

A hearing was pending on whether Rutter should pay Diaz's legal fees for the civil case, which were listed in court documents as $650,000.

The judge also issued a permanent injunction prohibiting the sale, license or other use of the photos and a videotape shot in 1992.

Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Apr 05 06 12:45 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
She has said a model release form was forged.
He has been serving a nearly four-year prison sentence..

She claims the model release form was forged? LOL! Oh come on! I seen a clip of the video where she's tweaking her nipples with a freakin water hose. You were being a typical 19 year old aspiring actress, made some mistakes so just laugh it off instead of making excuses.

4 year sentence??! Sheesh! Its obvious who had the better lawyer

Apr 05 06 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

N8R Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Amen

Apr 05 06 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

AJ Bella wrote:
She claims the model release form was forged? LOL! Oh come on! I seen a clip of the video where she's tweaking her nipples with a freakin water hose. You were being a typical 19 year old aspiring actress, made some mistakes so just laugh it off instead of making excuses.

4 year sentence??! Sheesh! Its obvious who had the better lawyer

Well, I wasn't there to see the evidence or hear the arguments, so I have no reason to mistrust the ruling of the judge.  What do you know that wasn't in the article?

Yes, Ms. Diaz did pose nude when she was younger -- I'm sure that many of us have seen the pictures.  She didn't bring a lawsuit against those photographers.

Apr 05 06 04:47 pm Link