Forums > General Industry > Hey girls! Wanna be naked and eerie?...

Photographer

- null -

Wow.

Some of you on these forums know me. The site is growing SO huge and SO fast that a lot of you don't.

For those of you who do know me, it's no secret that I haven't been shooting for a long time. My interest just isn't there. No models excite me. No ideas inspire me. I've been feeling really vapid towards photography.

But I just got an email from someone that was very touching.

I took the erotica shots off my website and he said:

As I do from time to time, I visited your site, ericmuss-barnes.com. I usually browse through your images, read the news, and biography to see what's new. As your photography page loaded, and my mouse found its way to the drop down, I noticed that there was something missing. Something that I enjoy very much. Something that gives me that little boost when reality becomes too much. Something that allows me to continue. You no longer have your erotica photos online!

Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?Why?

You were the absolute greatest Goth Erotica photographer that I know of. Your images breathed a spark of light into me when I felt the darkness creeping in. The female form has the power to regenerate inspiration, and your lens multiplied that power ten fold. Why would you take that from me? Your work affects other people, and the absence of that work does not sit well with me.

Damn.

"The absolute greatest Goth Erotica photographer that I know of?"

"The female form has the power to regenerate inspiration, and your lens multiplied that power ten fold?"

Heavy.

As the great B.B. King said to Bono in the film Rattle & Hum, "Those are some heavy lyrics, young man. You mighty young to be writin' lyrics that heavy."

Hmm.

Man. That was really one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me about my photography. I mean, cripe, I'm really not that good. Those are some bigtime compliments.

Maybe I need to get some more naked chicks in front of me again ... After all, I would hate to shirk my duties when my "images breathed a spark of light into me when I felt the darkness creeping in."

Who knew my dark, creepy beauties could bring such luminosity into the hearts of men?

Apr 04 06 07:11 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Did someone type naked?

Eric, you really are a great photographer, and I feel remiss now that I have never visited your website, as I (erotica fan that I am) did not know you had erotica on there. People do like you and miss you, even if you do give your models roofies (THIS IS A JOKE PEOPLE>>>>>A JOKE>>>ERIC DOES NOT DO ANYTHING BAD TO MODELS.) In fact, it sounds like some models need to throw themselves in front of his lens and MAKE him get inspired.

Apr 04 06 07:14 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

*walks in nekked arranges lots of pretty  antique cobalt blue glass bottles about her then proceeds to play with a cobalt blue glass toy of sorts*
Inspired yet?

Apr 04 06 07:17 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Iona, our avatars are eerily similiar....

Apr 04 06 07:19 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I was thinking of you in LA when I shot this.
I don't recall why I didn't lick my toes though??

Apr 04 06 07:20 pm Link

Model

Mockingbird Girl

New York, New York, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
Who knew my dark, creepy beauties could bring such luminosity into the hearts of men?

Well...hopefully this will be the inspiration that you needed to get going again.  Not from the necessarily expected source (model)...but from an audience member so to speak. 

To find out that your work (your art) touches someone so deeply is amazing.  Congratulations. (seriously).

Apr 04 06 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Lapis wrote:
Did someone type naked?

Eric, you really are a great photographer, and I feel remiss now that I have never visited your website, as I (erotica fan that I am) did not know you had erotica on there. People do like you and miss you, even if you do give your models roofies (THIS IS A JOKE PEOPLE>>>>>A JOKE>>>ERIC DOES NOT DO ANYTHING BAD TO MODELS.) In fact, it sounds like some models need to throw themselves in front of his lens and MAKE him get inspired.

(smirk)

Thanks, darlin' that's very sweet of you.

The second I hit the submit button, I thought, "How much you wanna bet that Lapis will be the first person to respond to this?"

Proves I am TOO steeped in this online comunity when I know who the hell is going to reply first!

Apr 04 06 07:23 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Iona Lynn wrote:

You were thinking of ME? How sweet. Better be careful and hide this thread before it goes from nice and inspirational to nasty and gross. I hate it when 'good threads go bad'. lol.

Apr 04 06 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

ADG Photography

Calhoun, Georgia, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
*walks in nekked arranges lots of pretty  antique cobalt blue glass bottles about her then proceeds to play with a cobalt blue glass toy of sorts*
Inspired yet?

If Eric is not inspired, I am!!  That sounds (reads!) so HOT!  And very "arty" too!

Apr 04 06 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Iona Lynn wrote:
Inspired yet?

Sure.

*places camera on tripod with timer and strips*

Here. Let me help you with that.

Lapis wrote:
Better be careful and hide this thread before it goes from nice and inspirational to nasty and gross. I hate it when 'good threads go bad'. lol.

Oops. Too late.

Apr 04 06 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

Lapis wrote:
Iona, our avatars are eerily similiar....

Iona Lynn wrote:

Talk about "inspiration."  I can't breathe...

Apr 04 06 09:24 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Apr 04 06 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

I shoulda checked out that site.

Apr 04 06 09:35 pm Link