Forums > General Industry > where do we go from here?

Model

Ashlee Dane

Denver, Colorado, US

Ok so everyone...I am super new to modeling...which means I need  help here. After you get a great and versitile portfolio prob. full of TFP/CD shoots, where do you go from there? I know there are paying jobs but usually those go to the most experianced and most beautiful...right? And in great cities...not Denver...so what does a girl like me do? How am I supposed to go further with this?

Apr 04 06 10:16 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

I'm shocked no one has replied to this post.  Here a llama is asking for all the experts to come tell her what's what, and not one says anything. 

*today. . .April 4th. . .2006. . .a thread was posted where no one had an opinion*

Apr 04 06 02:05 pm Link

Model

leiah

Berthoud, Colorado, US

Denver has a small but ok commercial market.  Donna Baldwin is a good agency there.
I don't know anything about pin up/fetish stuff, but you might find more opportunities if you don't limit yourself to just that area

Apr 04 06 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

I know it feels like you have been doing this forever but the hard cold fact is your port is still not well developed. You should pay for some good clean shots of yourself done by a professional. Those shots will get you paying work.

The shots you have now just won't. That is the problem with TFP, you can't control the output of the photographer. Better shots will also get you better TFP photographers. When you have 10 great images, touched up and well lit, than you can try for paying jobs with GWC's.

Star

Apr 04 06 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Star wrote:
I know it feels like you have been doing this forever but the hard cold fact is your port is still not well developed. You should pay for some good clean shots of yourself done by a professional. Those shots will get you paying work.

The shots you have now just won't. That is the problem with TFP, you can't control the output of the photographer. Better shots will also get you better TFP photographers. When you have 10 great images, touched up and well lit, than you can try for paying jobs with GWC's.

Star

Im going to have to agree with star here.
Not sure if  you were asking "in general" or on your "own experience" thus far.
But I too would recommend doing more shoots TFP with some better photographers or paying a professional photographer to get you some good clean shots to show in your portfolio.
That can and will make a big difference on people wanting to hire you for actual paying gigs.

Apr 04 06 03:05 pm Link