Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Just wondering, what are everyones goals in the industry?

My goal is to be a staff photographer for a big magazine such as Maxim Magazine or Playboy.  Maybe do some swimsuit catalog work for Reef or something.  I dunno.  Something!!

smile

Apr 18 05 12:40 am Link

Photographer

Brian Kim

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Hmmmmm, nothing short of world domination. You may call me El Jefe. How about this? Brian Kim author of Brianetics, leader of the Church of Briantology, fear me for I am an angry God? Just a thought.

Oh, missed that, goals for the industry! Those are just my personal goals. Goals for the industry? Well, I like where I am right now. More money and more cool toys would be nice. Maybe a mobile production RV complete with an in house hair stylist, makeup artist and lighting grips. Oh, and a driver. I hate driving those things.

Apr 18 05 03:49 pm Link

Model

Jeri Lynn Astra

Pleasantville, New York, US

My goal is simply to shoot as much as possible, meet quality people in the industry, build my book (always), and see where it goes. I'm moving in a few months, and I don't want to narrow my search until I get used to the artistic and business climate of the next city I'll be living in.

Apr 23 05 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 

My goal is to be a staff photographer for a big magazine such as Maxim Magazine or Playboy.  Maybe do some swimsuit catalog work for Reef or something.  I dunno.  Something!!

smile

Please! I didn;t hear you say that...right! Staff photographer...say it aint so! For one thing as a staff photographer for any publication, you give up all your rights to owning the images to your work, it's not your work and it's owned by the companies....if you have time talk with Stan Malinowski who use to shoot for Playboy.....it took him years in court to get the rights to his images that he did both as contract work & as freelance photographer for Playboy. It's not a glamorous postion anyway and most of the feature work is done by freelance shooters.So! Please rethink this idea

Apr 23 05 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

Posted by Alex Alexander: 

smile

Please! I didn;t hear you say that...right! Staff photographer...say it aint so! For one thing as a staff photographer for any publication, you give up all your rights to owning the images to your work, it's not your work and it's owned by the companies....if you have time talk with Stan Malinowski who use to shoot for Playboy.....it took him years in court to get the rights to his images that he did both as contract work & as freelance photographer for Playboy. It's not a glamorous postion anyway and most of the feature work is done by freelance shooters.So! Please rethink this idea

As long as they pay me and give me credit, that's all that matters.  I could live off of tearsheets for the rest of my life.  My current day job is working at a photo studio and I take about 200 pictures average a day.  It's not like I own any of those either.

Apr 23 05 07:30 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

To make pictures that I can be proud of.

I know, I suck.

Apr 23 05 10:47 pm Link

Photographer

House of DL

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Seen your pics, you do have talent but you are like me, I am never totally happy with my work.

Thus, I aggree with you, to make a picture that will take MY Breath AWAY!!! Then I will have reached my goal. 

Of course then I will have to choose another goal!

Posted by theda: 
To make pictures that I can be proud of.

I know, I suck.

Apr 23 05 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

To be on a deserted beach in Hawaii taking pics of turtles for National Geographic.

Apr 23 05 10:58 pm Link

Photographer

J. E. Patterson

Seattle, Washington, US

To pay the mortgage while doing work I enjoy.

Apr 23 05 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

Sponge Studio

Waltham, Massachusetts, US

To never punch a timeclock or wear a nametag ever again.

To have people seek me out and PAY me for my creativity.

To continue to improve and grow - I'm listed as a photographer but I have so much more to learn.

Apr 23 05 11:47 pm Link

Model

Jeri Lynn Astra

Pleasantville, New York, US

I think learning is a wonderful goal. It's interesting to me how everything ties together (or can) as well.

Apr 24 05 12:08 am Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

To become famous, immortal and die..........

PS: Notice making money was`nt on the list

Apr 26 05 04:30 am Link

Photographer

Elemental Photo

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

When I was a kid, I wanted to work for National Geographic or something like that, but now I would just be happy to be able to get published in magazines/books that I like, work with some awesome models, like Audra or Storm or, hell, there's a lot of them, and be able to make decent enough money at it. Right now I am in animation, and I make decent enough money, but I LOVE taking pictures, so doing that full time would be wonderful.

Apr 26 05 09:05 am Link

Photographer

James Berglie

Nottingham, Maryland, US

goals...  to find another photographer who is willing to start a business with me...  together building a photography business with weddings as a base income plus editorial and modeling work on the side.  Know anyone?

Apr 26 05 09:12 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Well, I am just doing this MUA stuff until I can pay off all of my traffic tickets... damn cops get me all the time...  Do you guys know how hard it is to follow the speed limit? Who's idea was it to have speed limitations anyway?

I digress though, back to the point, once that's done (paying off of the tickets), I have aspirations to become a guitarist in someone's highly successful band where I will then use all my contacts to feed my narcisistic need of publicity by "pimping" myself out to my photographer friends, plastering highly becomming photos of myself all over my home's walls.  Then I will invite all of the hot-model friends to be guests at my notorious beach parties where I will be victim of the paparatzi as I get into multiple wild and crazy bar brawls with my future movie-star lover's ex-girlfriend(s). Attempting to escape the paparatzi, I will then hop into my extremely high maintenance foreign automobile and run myself right off of a small cliff - causing me to instantly die young and leave a good-looking corpse (hopefully). All who know me will mourn me as they did Kurt Cobain and those who do not, will spit on my grave and call me a drug addict.

Yeah... that's it.  That's my goal.  Cool, huh? (toke...  hack... hack... cough... toke...)

Anyone see my guitar?

Apr 26 05 09:30 am Link

Model

Taryn

Carbondale, Colorado, US

My goal is to make a career of modeling. I have done several TFP shoots but never paid. Would deffinately be interested in Paid shoots

Apr 28 05 05:03 pm Link

Model

AshleyDanielle

West Hollywood, California, US

Posted by Brian Kim: 
Hmmmmm, nothing short of world domination.

haha loved that big_smile

Goal modeling wise.. to be on a cover of a famous magazine with my clothes on and not cuz i killed someone.

Acting.. in a movie with one of the actors i've enjoyed over the years would be a dream come true.

Eventually, also opening my own practice as a sports doctor.

Apr 28 05 08:18 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

To get paid pervese amounts of money to work with the top models in the world, become a minor celebrity as a result, and consequently steal Sandra Bullock away from Jesse James and marry her.

I may need to rethink a few of those ambitions. But it's a start.

Apr 28 05 09:40 pm Link

Model

McKenzie

Fort Myers, Florida, US

My goal is to get as far as I can possibly go in the industry and to do my best.  I will work hard to get there, and just hope that it happens. 

McKenzie

Apr 28 05 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

Special Ed

New York, New York, US

Very Simple....

I wanna be one of the first photographers the agencies in Vegas call when they need pictures shot for them.

Oh.....

and if I get paid piles of dough to do it, then so be it. I'm not one to complain! wink

Apr 28 05 10:19 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

To leave a legacy of work that lasts an eternity! What is remembered shall never die!

-Patrick Walberg, photographer, writer, and publisher

Apr 28 05 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

My goal is to get dang good over the next 15-20 years so I can have a great lil early retirement business, maybe a website (I mean, one where I dont give it all away free like I do now, hehe)?

-Jose

Apr 28 05 11:04 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

My goal right now is to find a cure for hangover in 30 minutes.

Apr 29 05 02:15 am Link

Photographer

LaMarco

Berwick, Maine, US

ONce everyone starts to copy what I am doing, and there are t-shirts that say "I hate Steven LaMarco" than and only than will my dreams have come true. That and go to a playboy part at the, Oh shut up..LOL

Art-fame and poor, or sell out- rich and taken care of??

That is the question.

Apr 29 05 02:22 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

hmm...

Apr 29 05 08:38 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Posted by Steven LaMarco: 
ONce everyone starts to copy what I am doing, and there are t-shirts that say "I hate Steven LaMarco" than and only than will my dreams have come true. That and go to a playboy part at the, Oh shut up..LOL

Art-fame and poor, or sell out- rich and taken care of??

That is the question.

Damn,... that is a hard question...  Sell-out Rich and taken care of?  Well, I don't know... does one have to sell their soul for the "Sell-out Rich?"

Apr 29 05 08:38 am Link

Photographer

Rich Mohr

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'm planning on having a gallery opening sometime in the fall of 2008! This year I'm planning on publishing my first book, "Book of Faces" this fall. It will consist of various headshots and portraits. If anyone is interested in getting in on the book let me know! smile

Apr 29 05 09:20 am Link

Photographer

Mgaphoto

smile

LOL

Apr 29 05 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

S19

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

Goals? Working with interesting people. Try to improve my skills every day. I am more the type of living for today...no serious longterm planning for me at this moment smile

Apr 29 05 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Goal - to get my Artwork Book finished and on the market!!!

Apr 29 05 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

HDellinger

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'd like to get my studio opened by the time I'm 35 and work my way into the industry doing freelance model photography.  I'd also like to take formal classes on hair and makeup as well as fashion design.

Long term.... I hope to still have my studio when I'm old and gray. tongue

Apr 29 05 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

To make people smile the world over "Miss america"

Ive done everything i have wanted,now im on vacation!

Apr 30 05 12:04 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

Posted by (MGAphoto) ANT:
LOL

lol yourself.  Do you find something funny?

Apr 30 05 12:54 am Link