Forums > General Industry > non exclusive/exclusive management

Model

Dara_w

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I was recently looking at an agent's website and I saw some models that had "non-exclusive agency, exclusive management" under thier profile. What does that mean. I know there are different laws in different states and I'm in GA.

Apr 03 06 12:34 am Link

Photographer

Zeo

Canton, Ohio, US

that means, one PERSON is thier exclusive manager I believe, but that they arne't exclusive to any one angeny.

Say I'm signed up to shoot modes for Modeling agenies, X,Y, and Z, but all of them have to contat Manager  A.  That's an exclusive manager as I see it.

Apr 04 06 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

Exactly.  You might have some one who manages your career....negotiates contracts....etc.  But you might be signed with several agencies.  Typically, if an agency wants to sign you to an exclusive contract, they may you a really nice fee for it.  This is why it is generally only done with high demand models.

Apr 04 06 11:08 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Apfel Photography wrote:
Typically, if an agency wants to sign you to an exclusive contract, they may you a really nice fee for it.  This is why it is generally only done with high demand models.

I don't know what the first sentence means.  It seems to be missing a verb.

The second sentence is not correct.  In general, fashion agencies ask for exclusive contracts for most (sometimes all) of their models.  Local agencies in smaller markets often do the same thing.

Apr 04 06 01:19 pm Link