Forums > General Industry > shooting with female vs male models

Model

MELissaMOORE

Fairfield, California, US

Lets see, I am a bi female model. I have shot multiple times with 8 female models, a few I am very attracted to. I feel very comfortable shooting with female models. I did my 1st shoot with a male model and almost grabbed his....nevermind you get the point, it was instinct. So should I just remain shooting with female models vs male or just practice some self control? I was having hot flashes & everything I was totally discumbobulated and I have never been like this in any photoshoot.(other than spanking a model and leaving my hand print) she was ok with it cause she is a good friend. Just wondering if you have ever been really attracted to another model while shooting?
Kisses,
MEL

Apr 01 06 02:30 am Link

Photographer

nevar

Fort Smith, Arkansas, US

I think that it is perfectly natural to get excited; perfectly natural that you'd want to exploit the situation, perfectly natural that you'd become aroused... In fact I bet that the photographer that shot with you and the male model got some wonderful chemestry... Dispite all of that, you must remember that you are to remain professional during the shoot. The photographer and the male model are investing their time to come out with something beautiful, they didn't all get together to let you play and have your way. This is a job, and you really have to see it that way. While I am sure that the male model was flattered that you nearly grabbed his napoleon; what would you have felt if he'd reached over and molested you?

After the shoot is a different story. I have shot couples before who I know just wanted to throw me out because they wanted to go play... But during the shoot you just have to have respect for those around you who are working toward the shot, no matter how turned on you get.

And might I say, that if you ever make it down to southern california, i would love to shoot with you.

Apr 01 06 09:06 am Link

Photographer

Harry Young

Los Angeles, California, US

really "on the mark" post, ravens!  concur totally.
and would like to shoot with her myself!

Apr 01 06 09:21 am Link

Model

MELissaMOORE

Fairfield, California, US

ravens laughter wrote:
I think that it is perfectly natural to get excited; perfectly natural that you'd want to exploit the situation, perfectly natural that you'd become aroused... In fact I bet that the photographer that shot with you and the male model got some wonderful chemestry... Dispite all of that, you must remember that you are to remain professional during the shoot. The photographer and the male model are investing their time to come out with something beautiful, they didn't all get together to let you play and have your way. This is a job, and you really have to see it that way. While I am sure that the male model was flattered that you nearly grabbed his napoleon; what would you have felt if he'd reached over and molested you?

After the shoot is a different story. I have shot couples before who I know just wanted to throw me out because they wanted to go play... But during the shoot you just have to have respect for those around you who are working toward the shot, no matter how turned on you get.

And might I say, that if you ever make it down to southern california, i would love to shoot with you.

Thanks, I can be quite impulsive at times and have to learn some cognitave thinking practices LOL I did control myself, he did try to take me home with him LOL! He was down for anything, no limits so I could have grabbed him and it would have been fine, it was my own limits I didnt want to cross.
Kisses,
MEL

Apr 03 06 11:15 am Link