Forums > General Industry > Bathroom/Toilet Photography

Photographer

Matthew A Cooke

Los Angeles, California, US

I have shot in my bathroom in a pinch a couple times and several gas station restroom kinda shoots ...and i always kinda liked the results..I see soooo many other people's shots that have also done similar  bathtub/urinal/sink+mirror kinda things..there is something that i kinda like about these bathroom shots...even some kinda legs/underwear around the ankles toilet shots...is it something to do with like "dirty girl" stuff?...cuz when i shot a boy model on the toilet with his pants down..it just looked like a poop shot...(not very sexy) KIDDING

I see a lot of these shots on people ports...?  Are all photographers perverts...? 
matthew

Jul 03 05 12:24 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Matthew A Cooke:
Are all photographers perverts...?

A. Everyone has a perversion of one sort or the other.

B. No, but most perverts want to be photographers.

C. Yes, especially the ones with no nudes in their ports.

D. All of the above.

The correct answer is D, of course...

Jul 03 05 12:34 am Link

Model

Amber Dawn - Indiana

Salem, Indiana, US

Does it make the model a pervert to for doing that shot? Cause if so I've done a crime. :0)~

Jul 03 05 12:35 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Bodi

East Northport, New York, US

A model I work (Sybil) with wanted to do a shot like that so we did . Its on my OMP page in the artistic section of my portfolio. She decided to use it on her myspace page. That image has gotten the highest number of hits on my OMP page and the largest number of comments on her myspace page. Go figure...

Jul 03 05 01:06 am Link

Model

I have some of those images as well... I had seen darker, edgier, more high fashion stuff, and wanted something similar. Instead (really instead, look at the images - totally different than that) we found the light was better in the bathroom than anywhere else had been (go figure, makes the most sense, particularly in the women's restroom) I suspect good lighting, privacy and perversion all play a role... It was also a challenge - avoid the mirror (reflections of the photographer and the flash), enough room in a stall, etc.

Jul 03 05 01:12 am Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

I think all that shiney ceramic and chorme do wonders for a model, not to mention the smell of glass plus

Jul 03 05 02:41 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

All people are perverts.
All photographers are people.  (Quiet, Jack)
QED All photographers are perverts.

Jul 03 05 04:16 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Whadda ya call a guy who wants to take women who are famous for nude modeling and shoot photographs of them wearing clothes? The un-cola?

Jul 03 05 04:40 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Blastphamy! This really offends me!

Someone else wrote that about my toilet shot.

Jul 03 05 04:52 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Here's my contribution.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics/20050621/1/42b853b3bf30e.jpg

Jul 03 05 05:01 am Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

OOOO I see the Scott's tissue!!!   FLUFFY

I love the shot Sir smile

Jul 03 05 07:27 am Link

Photographer

CharliesImages

Raleigh, Illinois, US

^^ this is a nice pose!  Well done!

Jul 03 05 08:14 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by Brian Diaz: 
All people are perverts.
All photographers are people.  (Quiet, Jack)
QED All photographers are perverts.

Works for me.

Jul 03 05 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Matthew A Cooke

This is actualy the shot that prompted me to write this..cept  her panties are still on and the toliet seat is closed so it's not really perverted..it's just someone sitting, but the toliet poop and piss idea is still there..see what i mean...this is kinda a shot of thsi girl taking a poop...there cannot be any shot LESS glamourous than this...but i still kinda like it..wonder what the draw is...

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 
Here's my contribution.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics/20050621/1/42b853b3bf30e.jpg

Jul 03 05 01:02 pm Link

Model

Just Cat

Santa Barbara, California, US

Posted by CO Model Amber: 
Does it make the model a pervert to for doing that shot? Cause if so I've done a crime. :0)~

Are you suggesting that being a pervert is a crime? Damnit why did I have to grow up in the country founded on Puritan values?

Jul 03 05 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

got one of myself here a few years ago- I was severely hungover, the title is "mornings suck." (it was actually part of a larger self portrait thing I was doing at the time)

https://gallery.photo.net/photo/2606465-lg.jpg

Jul 03 05 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

Rya Nell

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Although an interesting shot (phallic hair-dryer), it doesn't show the bathroom-erotica paradox.  This is more photo-diary, where one would expect toilet/bathroom shots to be.  The oddity is the cliche' of toilet-erotica.  (or bathroom-glamor as it were)...   

Jul 03 05 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

Justin N Lane

Brooklyn, New York, US

Posted by Nello Ryan: 
Although an interesting shot (phallic hair-dryer), it doesn't show the bathroom-erotica paradox.  This is more photo-diary, where one would expect toilet/bathroom shots to be.  The oddity is the cliche' of toilet-erotica.  (or bathroom-glamor as it were)...   

oh, yeah it's not meant to be erotic or to be paradoxical- best response I ever got though was, "so did you just go in the sink?"

Jul 03 05 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

Star

I have one, but I still can't get the stupid thing to appear, HELP!

Jul 03 05 09:21 pm Link

Photographer

bex

Buckingham, England, United Kingdom

hehe.... funny this thread should be here..... look what I shot on sunday!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/bex_ai/8567.jpg

Jul 04 05 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Posted by Matthew A Cooke: 
This is actualy the shot that prompted me to write this..cept  her panties are still on and the toliet seat is closed so it's not really perverted..it's just someone sitting, but the toliet poop and piss idea is still there..see what i mean...this is kinda a shot of thsi girl taking a poop...there cannot be any shot LESS glamourous than this...but i still kinda like it..wonder what the draw is...

Here's another one.

https://imagemanager.onemodelplace.com/_image_content.cfm?Image_ID=3851412&=true&key=D82B66AA-4B40-4E92-BC70-0F217184CDF0

Jul 04 05 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

alexwh

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I like to do bathtub shots. This phtograph,nicely framed was on my studio wall for a couple of years. I had to photograph the director of the Vancouver Maritime Museum. When he saw it he bought it on the spot.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics/20050701/3/42c5d4d794cfa_m.jpg

Jul 04 05 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

alexwh

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Wrong photo. Try again.
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics/20050630/1/42c37f4241cdc_m.jpg

Jul 04 05 05:57 pm Link