Forums > General Industry > Naomi arrested for assaulting her assistant

Photographer

Nerie

(oops, I meant employee not assistant but read the rest here..)

Talk about model misbehavior!

(Mar. 30) -- (Mar. 30) -- Naomi Campbell has been arrested for allegedly assaulting one of her employees.

NYPD sources tell TMZ that the model was arrested at her home and taken to the Midtown North Precinct -- As of 12:20 PM EST, Thursday, Campbell was still there.

We're told the alleged assault occurred in the morning.

Update: 1:17PM ET -- We're told the incident occurred at 8:00 AM EST. The alleged victim, a 41-year-old woman, was struck in the head with an object, allegedly thrown by Campbell. The woman had a laceration on the back of her head. She went to Lenox Hill Hospital for stitches.

In 2000, Campbell pled guilty to hitting former personal assistant Georgina Galanis with a telephone. She was ordered to take anger management classes.

In 2001, another former personal assistant, Simone Craig, claimed Campbell threw a mobile phone at her. Campbell denied it and no charges were filed.

Update: 1:45PM ET -- Campbell's rep issued this statement: "We believe this is a case of retaliation, because Naomi had fired her housekeeper earlier this morning. We are confident the courts will see it the same way."

A police source tells TMZ that Campbell will be charged with assault.

Source: http://tmz.aol.com/article2?id=20060330122009990001

Mar 30 06 02:12 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

WHA!!!!!...Wow dont know whether to be surprised or.....saw it coming?

Mar 30 06 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

Divo Models

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I LOVE Naomi...I like the shirt:

"Naomi hit me...and I liked it!"

Mar 30 06 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Nerie

ModelInstinctive wrote:
I LOVE Naomi...I like the shirt:

"Naomi hit me...and I liked it!"

Hahaha! I must've missed those shirts. I wonder what years it was she assaulted her former assistants?

Mar 30 06 02:24 pm Link

Model

Yanique

BRONX, New York, US

i was just about to start a thread on this b/c I just read it..beat me to the punch..this is quite funny..I don't know how many run in's Naomi has had....don't think the anger management courses were very effective..still luv her though...lol

Mar 30 06 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

JasonE

Durham, California, US

She needs to keep her damn objects to herself before somebody decides to turn around and throw a fist.

Mar 30 06 02:28 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Why hasn't anyone duffed this bitch in the face yet?

/thug

Mar 30 06 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

Nerie wrote:
Update: 1:45PM ET -- Campbell's rep issued this statement: "We believe this is a case of retaliation, because Naomi had fired her housekeeper earlier this morning. We are confident the courts will see it the same way."

yes, splitting the back of your own head open is the best revenge.

Mar 30 06 08:50 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Again?

I remember an incident a couple years ago in which her assistant claimed La Campbell threw a phone at her.

Edit: I juist clicked the link and I WANT THAT T-SHIRT!

Mar 31 06 02:42 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

whats the point of being a diva if you cant act like one?

that the whole point of getting to the top!

Mar 31 06 02:44 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Didn't she get into trouble on a plane for raging at another passenger who wanted to take her picture?

Mar 31 06 08:16 am Link

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Mommy, when I grow up I wanna be a super model so I can be a nasty bitch and everyone will still love me.

What a shame that someone who's idolized by so many has so little to offer humanity.

Mar 31 06 08:30 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

I love Naomi, always have always will.  It's wrong, but so delicious at the same time.  Anyway, why do people still work for her?  They should get workman's comp or hazard pay.  Ha!  She's crazy.

Mar 31 06 08:34 am Link

Photographer

Jay Davis

Irving, Texas, US

Somebody just ought to BITCH SLAP Naomi.

She is NOTHING but a spoilt model who I find to be VERY repulsive and frankly, not that good looking.  Then, she opens her mouth and it gets worse.

Talk about STUPID !! 

Naomi, please do us all a favor and OD on some kind of drug so we won't have to put up with your shit anymore.................

Mar 31 06 08:35 am Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

This is a story about a model.
When she stops acting nice, and starts acting REAL...

HAHAHAHA....

Mar 31 06 08:36 am Link

Model

Naomi Jay

New York, New York, US

theda wrote:
Again?

I remember an incident a couple years ago in which her assistant claimed La Campbell threw a phone at her.

Edit: I juist clicked the link and I WANT THAT T-SHIRT!

I actually know the girl it happend too..she's real nice and tolerant too...this was just ONE thing she did to her!!!

Mar 31 06 11:13 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Naomi Jay wrote:

I actually know the girl it happend too..she's real nice and tolerant too...this was just ONE thing she did to her!!!

Which girl? It seems she's making a habit of throwing phones at people.

Mar 31 06 11:15 am Link

Model

TheRealDeal

Jay Davis wrote:
She is NOTHING but a spoilt model who I find to be VERY repulsive and frankly, not that good looking.

Not that good looking? your kidding right LOL....what planet do you come from? On the other hand I wish she would throw some shit at me....she may not be good looking after that one.

Meow-K

Mar 31 06 11:19 am Link

Photographer

TR PHOTO

Los Angeles, California, US

Naomi is creating her new media frenzy- It's unfortunate someone else has to be the hurt to do so.

Mar 31 06 11:20 am Link

Model

Naomi Jay

New York, New York, US

theda wrote:

Which girl? It seems she's making a habit of throwing phones at people.

I think this was in late 90's....I can tell you her name privately.

Mar 31 06 11:22 am Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

that's it.  she's off my list of models i want to work with...

Mar 31 06 11:45 am Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

Nerie wrote:
(oops, I meant employee not assistant but read the rest here..)

Talk about model misbehavior!

(Mar. 30) -- (Mar. 30) -- Naomi Campbell has been arrested for allegedly assaulting one of her employees.

NYPD sources tell TMZ that the model was arrested at her home and taken to the Midtown North Precinct -- As of 12:20 PM EST, Thursday, Campbell was still there.

We're told the alleged assault occurred in the morning.

Update: 1:17PM ET -- We're told the incident occurred at 8:00 AM EST. The alleged victim, a 41-year-old woman, was struck in the head with an object, allegedly thrown by Campbell. The woman had a laceration on the back of her head. She went to Lenox Hill Hospital for stitches.

In 2000, Campbell pled guilty to hitting former personal assistant Georgina Galanis with a telephone. She was ordered to take anger management classes.

In 2001, another former personal assistant, Simone Craig, claimed Campbell threw a mobile phone at her. Campbell denied it and no charges were filed.

A police source tells TMZ that Campbell will be charged with assault.

Source: http://tmz.aol.com/article2?id=20060330122009990001

I credit most of this model misbehavior the constant hunger smile

Mar 31 06 11:50 am Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Naomi! You're not 19 anymore! The poor lil rich girl act doesn't work when you're middle aged!
So explains another cuckoo ex-jehovahs-witness.

Apr 03 06 04:01 pm Link

Model

xLoLLy

Buffalo, Illinois, US

Ehh, I still heart her. But yeah... you will never see me doing that crap.

Apr 03 06 04:16 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Ok, so the "idea" that Naomi is just defending herself after being provoked by these individuals is just insane???  You can't take the ghetto out the girl.  If she felt disrespected, yo, she gon' put the ghetto smackdown on dat ass!  Fosho!

Seriously though, no one is hearing her side of the story.  I wouldn't say she hasn't contributed to society just b/c the girl has a temper out of this world.  She still donates to charity, still is a fantastic model. . .just has a wicked temper.

Apr 03 06 04:41 pm Link

Model

Angie Borras

Kissimmee, Florida, US

No the Byatch is Crazy she is always looking for trouble somewhere.

Apr 03 06 06:27 pm Link

Model

Taylor James

If Naomi wasnt crazy I dont think Id love her like I do.

Apr 03 06 06:35 pm Link