Forums > General Industry > TFCD-"generally" females ALWAYS charge but males..

Photographer

Nothingok

Los Angeles, California, US

In my experience it seems that I can easily get very good looking males to always do the tfcd..  but when it comes to the majority of the female models.. the good ones.. they always wanna charge.. i find that interesting but they tell me "if they did my shoot they would have to give up paid work" they should just tell me the truth and say they dont work unless its pay.  Cause honestly.. No model works everyday shooting 7 days a week.. unless (and not even) if your Gizelle. bla  Id MAYBE only consider paying a GUY if he was incredibly good looking and I thought it add some serious depth to my folio.. id rather pay to shoot someone Id enjoy shooting.. the facts of being gay.lol

Mat

Mar 28 06 06:01 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

that's why there should be no monetary exchange btwn a model and a photog.  i'd rather get bigger checks from clients ;0)

Mar 28 06 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

Nothingok

Los Angeles, California, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:
that's why there should be no monetary exchange btwn a model and a photog.  i'd rather get bigger checks from clients ;0)

This triggers an interesting point for me anyways.. altho it may not be answering the comment.. but it made me think of something.

I find it interesting that the models put their profiles on here... yet do paid shoots only. Now thats ok.. but for a photographer to pay that model...these vast amounts of money.. Id have to wonder what would be the point.. cause honestly.. if your willing to pay a model 125 dollars an hour... is it more for personal benefit to meet a model of that "hotness" or to really photograph that person?  Now if its to really expand your folio.. honestly. I work with at least 2 agencies now (thank god as I dont have to recruit anymore).. Its alot easier to go to an agency and get a real model who obviously fits the industry standard.  Most real major models.. (its a fact from my observation) are WITH agencies... for a reason.. they fit that complete model stereotype.. Gizelle is with an agency etc.  Cindy crawford etc.. all represented. 

Now a big paycheck from a client.. clients are no doubt going to go to the professionals.. reliable agencies that provide a sure thing...  what kinda clients actually pick up models from sites like these?  its certainly not CK or Dolci..

I am not sure where IM going with these comments... but maybe I just wanted to point out some vague thoughts I have.. that havent quite formulated into strong opinions. 

Matt

Mar 28 06 09:10 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

Come to New York.

[half] Joking. I'm sure there are plenty of models in your area willing to work TFP/CD/whatever-you-crazy-kids-come-up-with-next. Maybe try the casting call forum?

Mar 28 06 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

Malameel

Dallas, Texas, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

THANK YOU!

Finally a model that gets it.  I am photographer, and not rich.  However, when I meet models that I enjoy to work with, I help them when paying work comes my way because I know they are dependable and great to work with. 

Sure the client dictates the budget, but there are those models that I want to help because they help me help them make great images that make clients take notice.
Mark

Mar 28 06 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Jade Photography

New York, New York, US

Pretty girls are hard to get... sort of like in real life.

Mar 28 06 10:06 pm Link