Forums > General Industry > Excellent souce for legal and bus. questions

Photographer

Weldphoto

Charleston, South Carolina, US

Lots of threads asking lots of business questions, legal questions and practice questions which can be answered by industry professionals and lawyers in the ASMP (American Societyof Media Photogrphers) book, Professional Business Practices in Photography, published by Allworth Press.

This book has the facts on copyrights, usage rights, fees, work-for-hire, model releases, property releases and lots of other helpful matters.

It is a book every photographer should own and every model should borrow from his/her friendly photographer.

I think you can order from the ASMP website.

Disclaimer: I am not a member of ASMP (yet)  nor hooked up with the publisher. This is just very helpful, free and kindly advice...

Stop guessing and get the facts!

Jul 01 05 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

Dan RI

Providence, Rhode Island, US

Great book and I need an updated version.

But I do not look at it as a bible.

Jul 01 05 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Weldphoto

Charleston, South Carolina, US

Posted by !MDF: 

Do you have a suggestion for a souce book you think is more comprehensive or offers better legal advice? I agree that no one book is usually enough.

Jul 01 05 03:57 pm Link

Model

Linda T

Lubbock, Texas, US

ooo, i want one of these ^_^

Jul 01 05 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

Dan RI

Providence, Rhode Island, US

Posted by Weldphoto: 

Posted by !MDF: 

Do you have a suggestion for a souce book you think is more comprehensive or offers better legal advice? I agree that no one book is usually enough.

PDN, photo district news is also very good to keep current on the recent court cases.  No one source is perfect.  ASMP book is written from the point of view of people who want to protect those rights.  That is great.  But a jury or a judge may not see it that way.

Jul 03 05 02:23 pm Link