Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

Does anyone know any techniques to add cleavage to someone without much?  I would like to know a verity of different techniques.

Mar 26 06 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Usually, this requires a doctor of some sort. Remember this motto: You're a photographer, not a magician.

Mar 26 06 01:50 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

contour powder in the cleavage area (hollow), highlight the breast above the cleavage.  Remember dark recedes, you make cleavage like you would if you were painting it on a canvas.

Mar 26 06 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

1) put on weight
2) cross your arms
EDIT - 3) I am told that massaging them may help; enquire for my reasonable rate$!!!

GWC!

Mar 26 06 01:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

GWC wrote:
1) put on weight
2) cross your arms

GWC!

LOL!

Mar 26 06 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

Light and Darker

Salisbury, England, United Kingdom

Apparently breasts swell by 20 - 25 % on stimulation ;-)

Mar 26 06 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

Walsh Digital Imaging

Syracuse, New York, US

gaffers tape, contour powder, wonder bra and Photoshop... I have used these 'tools', in various forms, with a little success. I would avoid manual stimulation, unless your insurance premiums are paid up... Good luck!

Mar 26 06 02:04 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Usually, this requires a doctor of some sort. Remember this motto: You're a photographer, not a magician.

I'm not a photographer... I'm a fashion stylist so sometimes I might have to be a magician.

Mar 26 06 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Narvell wrote:
I'm not a photographer... I'm a fashion stylist so sometimes I might have to be a magician.

oops. sorry. didn't realize i was in stylist chat.

Mar 26 06 02:12 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

SoVi-Southern Vitality

Houston, Texas, US

I guess it would depend on what the model is wearing, but I use that natural bra-the silicone inserts the you put double stick tape on the inside. It really helped me in the majority of my shoots. the further apart you put them, the more cleavage you get. Really good for open back pieces, spandex materials, etc.

Mar 26 06 02:42 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

John Jebbia wrote:

oops. sorry. didn't realize i was in stylist chat.

Yes you did.  Admit it... you want to be a stylist when you grow up.  LOL! wink

Mar 26 06 03:16 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

SoVi-Southern Vitality wrote:
I guess it would depend on what the model is wearing, but I use that natural bra-the silicone inserts the you put double stick tape on the inside. It really helped me in the majority of my shoots. the further apart you put them, the more cleavage you get. Really good for open back pieces, spandex materials, etc.

Yes, I'm going to invest in them.  But I am big on sterilizing items to not transfer germs to other people.  How do you sterilize them?

Mar 26 06 03:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

DNMake-up

New York, New York, US

I've had some success with gaffers tape, this girl was a very small A cup and the vest was making it worse, a little push from the side helped quite a bit.

https://www.dnphoto.com/glamourimages/0204.jpg

Mar 26 06 03:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Narvell wrote:

Yes, I'm going to invest in them.  But I am big on sterilizing items to not transfer germs to other people.  How do you sterilize them?

I dont know if they can be washed as I have never used them , this is kinda a personal item you might be able to dissinfect them using a dissinfecting spray, but I would read the package before you invest in them if you cant wash em they might be a very pricy gift to give to a model. smile maybe ask your "small breasted" model to invest in her own pair.

My sister is a Classicly  trained dancer and we often used either sergical tape or hockey tape ( yup were Canandian) to "secure" her breastes so they wouldnt pop out of her costumes and they often gave her more cleavage, just tape the "girls" from the out side in pulling the tape to the center of her chest and upwards. I think someone mentioned the whole  hight light and conture thing, this is a great way to add dimention just make sure you blend it well or it will looked painted on.
Hope that helps smile..Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry.

Mar 26 06 04:35 pm Link

Photographer

Walsh Digital Imaging

Syracuse, New York, US

I'm not a Stylist either, but a good photographer should have a few tricks of his/her own. I have even had help from a food stylist (glycerine)... also, a photographer should be able to use proper lighting to enhance shadows.

Mar 26 06 04:36 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

Deadly Design Make-up wrote:

I dont know if they can be washed as I have never used them , this is kinda a personal item you might be able to dissinfect them using a dissinfecting spray, but I would read the package before you invest in them if you cant wash em they might be a very pricy gift to give to a model. smile maybe ask your "small breasted" model to invest in her own pair.

My sister is a Classicly  trained dancer and we often used either sergical tape or hockey tape ( yup were Canandian) to "secure" her breastes so they wouldnt pop out of her costumes and they often gave her more cleavage, just tape the "girls" from the out side in pulling the tape to the center of her chest and upwards. I think someone mentioned the whole  hight light and conture thing, this is a great way to add dimention just make sure you blend it well or it will looked painted on.
Hope that helps smile..Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry.

Yeah... I'm going to try the tape thing and hope the makeup artist I work with know contouring with the makeup.  The one I worked with last night did and it really made a difference visually.

Mar 26 06 05:06 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Excilent make sure you let us know how it turns out smile

Mar 26 06 05:15 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

The chicken cutlets.  Every stylist I know has a pair so there must be a way to clean them.  And the contouring/highlighting always works well.

Mar 26 06 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Dawson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Narvell wrote:
Does anyone know any techniques to add cleavage to someone without much?  I would like to know a verity of different techniques.

When I was in school, we tried to convince the girls that swallowing would do the trick.

Mar 26 06 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

noinput

Long Beach, California, US

if you're looking for any post tricks via photoshop, the reverse-pinch method can work wonders.  Use the lasso tool with say a 10px feather and Filter -> Distort -> Pinch Set to -15% give/take and repeat as needed.

When lasso'ing remember to lasso the countours of the body and do the filter effect multiple times with varying strength to build definition.  email me if you need help

Mar 26 06 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

Someone once told me that if you punch a womans breast hard enough, they will swell at least 2 cup sizes!

Mar 26 06 09:45 pm Link

Model

Chelsea Gilgore

Seattle, Washington, US

Stephen Dawson wrote:

When I was in school, we tried to convince the girls that swallowing would do the trick.

AH! That caught me by surprise...

Mar 26 06 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

MichaelHaynes

Norfolk, Virginia, US

Different models require different things done to enhance cleavage. The variations extend to more than just cup size. Some breast tissue extends under the airpits, some extend up to the collar bone, others start at the second, third and even fourth rib.

I have watched MUAs go to work at beauty pageants. I have seen them use tape attached under the shoulder blade and wrapped around to the front either under the swell of the breast, puleed tight and upwards; taped from one side of the breast and across the nipples to the other; and tape starting underneath the flap and ending at the shoulder.

Some tuck and tape cotton wads under the flap of the breast to get lift or use gel packs.

I saw one MUA cut, shape and wrap chicken wire in cloth to under-form a girl's breasts.

I have seen them try different techniques on the same girl until they got the look that was required.

Sometimes it takes time, experimentation and patience...patience especially on the part of the model whose body is being fiddled with.

Under bright lights and even brighter flash bulbs, push-up bras tend to show through or cast nasty, unflattering lines and shadows. Most models will go topless for this reason, hence more of a need for for taping and under-breast boosters.

Well toned and blended make-up, faded in to make a shadow line works well as a finishing touch after the other techniques are applied. One caveat: make up shadows on moving/jiggling parts can look really screwy during dance numbers or sequences where the breasts tend to move.

Mar 26 06 10:11 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

SoVi-Southern Vitality

Houston, Texas, US

They're a rubber like material so you can clean them with soap and water or alcohol (if on a shoot and you have to switch between models) etc. They're only $20-you can find them at Wal-Mart or CVS, Walgreens etc.

Mar 27 06 01:23 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

T.Alexander

Norcross, Georgia, US

I use shoulder pads. They have a curve that is like an actual breast and you don't have to adjust the size individually especially if you purchase a set. I found a variety of sizes at a local sewing store and purchased them in black and white.

T.

Mar 27 06 01:57 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Narvell

Dallas, Texas, US

T.Alexander wrote:
I use shoulder pads. They have a curve that is like an actual breast and you don't have to adjust the size individually especially if you purchase a set. I found a variety of sizes at a local sewing store and purchased them in black and white.

T.

Great idea.  I have a whole bag of them in different natural shades that I can use.  I got them at a fabric shop that was closing but I never used them.  Wow... Great (Free) idea!

big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Mar 27 06 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

AllioArt

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Wait a couple of years and see if they mature ???

Mar 27 06 05:31 pm Link

Model

Leela Gupta

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, US

The funny thing is I once saw a man use makeup to create cleavage at a Halloween party because he was dressed as a French Maid.  He had good pecs to begin with, but he used makeup to enhance them.  So, I know it is possible, but unfortunately, I don't know exactly how he did it.

Mar 27 06 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Vito

Brooklyn, New York, US

Have a baby, then breast feed for 3 years.

Mar 27 06 06:37 pm Link

Model

Lenora Jayne

New York, New York, US

Come on, every high school girl knows you put some pudding or jello in a small water balloon, to make bigger boobs! Or at least all of my male friends who enjoy crossdressing at Halloween...lol.

Mar 30 06 08:34 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

El Centro, California, US

How can I achieve some clevage on the model in the picture I just uploaded in my port?...I'm thinking of getting the gaffers tape & the cutlets ^_^ but I don't know if it would work she is so small.

-Liz

Apr 12 06 10:54 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

AnnieStyle

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Some of the photographer's perverted remarks on this topic are starting to irritate me!

Apr 13 06 04:35 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Miss Anthropy

Portland, Oregon, US

AnnieStyle wrote:
Some of the photographer's perverted remarks on this topic are starting to irritate me!

Starting?? You're better than me.

Tape and falsies, I suppose they could be what y'all are calling chicken cutlets; mine are the surgical kind used by ladies with breast cancer and men who dress as ladies, used in combination will give ANYONE boobs. Drag queens achieve cleavage the same way so an actual girl should be a piece of cake.

Apr 13 06 10:13 am Link

Makeup Artist

Talitha Williams

Miami, Florida, US

i'm agreeing with the cutlets.  I also wear Victoria's Secret's very sexy bra, that coupled with the cutlets, unbeatable.....
https://img2.modelmayhem.com/050908/10/ … 4cc265.jpg
me on right with red hair (bra at work)

Apr 13 06 01:44 pm Link

Model

Jacinta Cobb

Columbia, South Carolina, US

SoVi-Southern Vitality wrote:
They're a rubber like material so you can clean them with soap and water or alcohol (if on a shoot and you have to switch between models) etc. They're only $20-you can find them at Wal-Mart or CVS, Walgreens etc.

Are these the chicken cutlets you're referring to? I need to get some of those and some of this gaffers tape (where can I find that as well?) too! These forums are so great!!!

Apr 13 06 01:49 pm Link

Model

Debbie

Oldsmar, Florida, US

Cleavage is stupid and unnatural looking.

Apr 13 06 01:51 pm Link

Model

Debbie

Oldsmar, Florida, US

ericsaeter wrote:
Cleavage is stupid and unnatural looking.

Whoops. I forgot to prefix with "I think" so you guys don't feel assaulted by my opinions. Speaking for a few, not all. . .

: )

Apr 13 06 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Lewis

Farmington Hills, Michigan, US

A Photographer's 2 cents - Lighting. 

A combination of strong sidelighting and a high contrast lighting ratio bring out contours, and emphasize a three dimensional image.  If properly done then such lighting can increase apparent cup sizes up to a size and a half.  However, unless you seek a mysterous look on the face, it can come with a visual price.  Alternatively, turn the face toward the main light,  or crop the face.  With a profile of the face it can produce a strong and flattering image.

Photography comes from a Greek word meaning "painting with light." Some wonderfully skilled MUAs are masters at painting on the canvas of the model.  Just as an MUA can make all the difference in enhancing the images from a shoot, the photographer has to also make his or her contributions with lighting and posing.

Apr 14 06 10:30 pm Link

Photographer

Michael R Kihn Studios

Erie, Pennsylvania, US

Hamza wrote:
Someone once told me that if you punch a womans breast hard enough, they will swell at least 2 cup sizes!

Or they will pop if the are fake

Apr 14 06 11:51 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

John Jebbia wrote:

She's a stylist!

Apr 15 06 12:15 am Link