Forums > General Industry > No more Model bashing!!!!

Photographer

Leonard Thompson

Los Angeles, California, US

I read a lot of post here on MM and it seams like no matter what the subject is the model is always made to feel wrong for having an opinion. I think in most cases the Photographers are older then the Models and may have a little more life experience but that doesn't make us always right. We all are entitled to our opinions and should be able to express them without the fear of hearing " No one is going to work with you with that attitude". Just my thoughts.

PS. I Love this place and just want everyone to have the same cool experience!!!

Mar 25 06 08:29 pm Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

Leonard Thompson wrote:
I read a lot of post here on MM and it seams like no matter what the subject is the model is always made to feel wrong for having an opinion. I think in most cases the Photographers are older then the Models and may have a little more life experience but that doesn't make us always right. We all are entitled to our opinions and should be able to express them without the fear of hearing " No one is going to work with you with that attitude". Just my thoughts.

PS. I Love this place and just want everyone to have the same cool experience!!!

While there is quite a bit of model bashing, I've never been made to feel as tho I was wrong for having an opinion. This site for the most part is a nice place. smile

Mar 25 06 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Trunkmonkey

Arlington, Texas, US

*bashes Corena with a fully thawed boneless chicken

ahhh yes I feel truly superior smile

Mar 25 06 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

Ron B Blake

Macomb, Illinois, US

Leonard Thompson wrote:

does spending 14 hours including shooting time on a so called pro model

and creating excellent images that model cant post to her port with credits seem like a Good model to you?

and posting doubles and triples in her portfolio with best buddy previous photographer .

Some people do not take there career seriously, appreciate time and talent spent and are her for reasons other then Modeling

People get what they give and deserve

Mar 25 06 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

Ron B Blake

Macomb, Illinois, US

some people should ask to have the head waxed after they have it Washed

Mar 25 06 08:42 pm Link

Model

Phoenix E

thank you.
i agree.
i get really frustrated sometimes. mainly with the assumption that all models are unintelligent flakes.
though i just think there is a lot of bashing in general.

we all need those shirts that say, "does not play well with others"

Mar 25 06 08:43 pm Link

Model

Phoenix E

Ron B Blake wrote:
some people should ask to have the head waxed after they have it Washed

what?

Mar 25 06 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

Trunkmonkey

Arlington, Texas, US

Phoenix E wrote:

what?

I'm saying

Mar 25 06 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

Ron B Blake

Macomb, Illinois, US

Phoenix E wrote:

what?

Translation

Brainwashed

by her pet photographer and cant give the same respect to 2 others she works with.
Biased

Mar 25 06 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

Leonard Thompson

Ron B Blake wrote:

Translation

Brainwashed

by her pet photographer and cant give the same respect to 2 others she works with.
Biased

I have no idea what you are talking about but I made no reference to you nor any particular situation.

Mar 25 06 08:52 pm Link

Model

Phoenix E

Ron B Blake wrote:

Translation

Brainwashed

Biased

ahh.......okay...
but, um, speaking of model bashing, your photo caption is a little unprofesional....
i'm sorry if you've had a bad experience recently, but i guarantee that not all models are the same, and that there are a lot of us out there who are capable, friendly, and professional.

Mar 25 06 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Genell Canty

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Yeah...some people use this site as their powerhouse for bashing on others...sometimes I find it comical...all of their made up philosophies and what not...haha

Mar 25 06 08:55 pm Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

Phoenix E wrote:
but i guarantee that not all models are the same, and that there are a lot of us out there who are capable, friendly, and professional.

and reliable!

Mar 25 06 08:57 pm Link

Model

Apriel

Edgewood, Maryland, US

To me...out of the mouth pours confessions of the heart/mind. So anyone can presume a model (or anyone for that matter), to be a fool. But it's YOU, and only you that either confirms or denies their presumption once you open your mouth.
There's nothing wrong with having an opinion, just be big enough to stand behind your words. What ever the consequence. For he most part...I think there are alot of really talented people here.

Mar 25 06 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

Trunkmonkey

Arlington, Texas, US

stereotypes suck don't they?

Mar 25 06 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

Leonard Thompson

I'm just saying we all need each other so why not treat everybody with respect. Everyone has a bad experience from time to time but all and all this is a great place for creative people to get to create together.

Mar 25 06 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

Trunkmonkey

Arlington, Texas, US

or learn from people, or make new acquaintances / friends, etc?  Every board has cliques, rogues, etc..

Mar 25 06 09:05 pm Link

Model

Joe B

after reading post on here from many models and photographers....i like to see that a lot of these people have brains. the way they express their thoughts and knowledge of issues other than modeling...they deserve props. Some people are more than pretty faces, they have brains. People that bash, are not bashing others really...they are putting out what they are feeling for themselves. Models and Photographers...Fuck them...you know whats real and whats good.

Mar 25 06 09:13 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I never bash models or photographers I just bash individual people who prove to me over and over again they are stupid. wink
we all try to get along but sometimes we just have to vent our frustrations about this buisness.

Mar 25 06 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

Trunkmonkey

Arlington, Texas, US

I try not to 'bash' on anyone.  I might occasionally say something that can be taken out of context but I put people into two categories.  People I respect and value their opinions be it modeling, photography, philosophy, or the best way to clean a kitchen, and people I do not respect.  Generally elitists, whiners, bashers, and rectal orifices fall into this category.

Mar 25 06 09:32 pm Link