Forums > General Industry > I can't believe the way you do business out here

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

my little tirade, please indulge me

first, i would like to thank everyone who was ACTUALLY working at the 2006 Smashbox Studios Fashion Week Events, and all of whom took the time and effort to help me find my way around, and made me (and Nicola) feel comfortable there, including other photographers, models, stylists, agents, managers, designers, all the way to the valet guys and even the tequilla shot girls.

now, to the others, (mostly from MM), who were NOT already part of the events, who didnt bother to: thank, respond, reply, RSVP, show up, call, e-mail, text message, send a smoke signal, use telepathy, cancel, or re-schedule: for designer contact lists, for agency contact lists, shoots, meetings, after parties, fashion shows, dinner, cocktails, lunches, and brunches.

i perfectly understand how the above would have totally interfered with your already struggling careers and in no way be of any help to them

now what i dont to see below is either of the two

A) oh chili, i couldnt because: my aunt tilly in idaho passed away, my dog ate your number, i was cramming for an exam, i forgot, i had to get a facial, my mom had emergency surgery, my phone got turned off, i thought it was next week

B) oh chili, if you only had asked me instead, i would have gone, worked, responded, helped, etc.

Mar 24 06 11:01 pm Link

Model

Phoenix E

sigh......
i hate flakey people. but i think it is just part of life. since i live in portland, i just prefer to assume that everyone is stoned rather than rude.

Mar 24 06 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

sounded like fun !!!!

Mar 24 06 11:36 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

and this is a surprise?

Mar 24 06 11:39 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

You should have known better!

Mar 24 06 11:42 pm Link

Photographer

NewBoldPhoto

PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US

Gee chili... I don't know what to say. I can see that you are rather upset by these events and I am sorry that you are upset.
Now you said not to choose A or B... so I pick C and D

C Uh chili what are you talking about? Smash who? Fashion what?

D Uh chili Tequilla = bad, tequilla shot girls = 2X bad, I have nothing to do with anything that involves ta-kill-ya, it's been over ten years since the last time I had that stuff and I still can't look at a bottle without getting a sour feeling in my gut.

Mar 24 06 11:43 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Chili wrote:
my little tirade, please indulge me

first, i would like to thank everyone who was ACTUALLY working at the 2006 Smashbox Studios Fashion Week Events,

OMG... just reading this first line... you had me laughing really hard... I am sorry... I could imagine that the event was a disaster after it.

I am looking forward how your backstage stuff and the runway footage came out... but I wait until you feel in the mood to write me.

Welcome back!

Udo

Mar 25 06 01:15 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Chili wrote:
A) oh chili, i couldnt because: my aunt tilly in idaho passed away, my dog ate your number, i was cramming for an exam, i forgot, i had to get a facial, my mom had emergency surgery, my phone got turned off, i thought it was next week

Dude... these are good... a few that I actually havent heard before.  We should swap lameazs excuses... wink

Mar 25 06 01:52 am Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

yeah, i can see a  bunch of people now using those excuses in the coming months

well, i had a bunch of invites to be a guest at all of the shows, so i picked up my press pass, but then hardly used it to get in, cuz i had all the invites

so the choice was stand in the media riser area and shoot everyday, or dress up, and sit in the guest areas with super model Nic, drinking (tequilla), eating and mingling with celebs. so of course i did the latter

the only shots i got was when i snuck in my camera and shot from the guest area, which you werent suppose to do, but Jen's PR person, told security it was ok with Jen for me to shoot from that location, ditto for the Agent P show, so those are the only 2 shows i took any pictures at. the rest i just watched and enjoyed

ANd...i really did expect the MM people who expressed interests in coming to the shows to actually show up

i also have to say the models in the shows werent that great looking, i thought, crissakes its LA, everyone would be beautiful, blonde and tall and buxomy, but they werent, some of the shot girls were better looking, ditto for the hotel's staff

btw, the hotel was fabulous, the Hollywood Renaissance, centrally located around the corner from that famous chinese theater, and across from the kodak theater

Mar 25 06 01:17 pm Link