Forums > General Industry > Rip the Runway and how they can improve

Photographer

Studio One12

Elizabeth City, North Carolina, US

Catherine Feliz wrote:
hmm I was part of the show as well and had a great time doing it. I agree that some of the models looked like donkeys dodging uphill than strutting on a catwalk. But like previously stated each designer casted and prepared their own models and thus the lack of experience shouldnt be reflected on BET.
My one thing with all the comments on this forum is people's references that more emphasis should've been placed on the models instead of artists. Now while this would hold true in a normal fashion show it doesnt for BET. Think about the general programming of the network. It revolves around black artists and black music. And it works. People tune in. I doubt that BET wouldve been able to commercialize and bring so many viewers to tune in by presenting the fashions alone. Another thing as a runway model you should be able to adapt to any situations in the runway gracefully. A model that knew what she was doing would have been able to interact with the artist, keep it moving and do it gracefully. And not stop like a deer in head light because your path wasnt perfectly clear. Even runway shows arent completely perfect. On the runway things happen all the time, being a good runway model means taking those situations and making the best of it.

I agree with Cathy

Mar 27 06 06:01 pm Link