Forums > General Industry > Voting system for models/photos. who get the most........

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

I thought of this today:  Maybe I'm way off...but here goes.

Top 10 catagory on the homepage:  models/photogs.  who get the most comments-views.

Just a fun way to monitor who people are responding to the most.

This is more about popularity, not nec. quality---however it COULD indicate both.

B

Jun 30 05 01:34 pm Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

MuseCube and MySpace and other rating sites do this...

Personally, I don't like it. If you like an image, leave a comment saying so. But that's just my 2 cents.

Jun 30 05 01:58 pm Link

Model

Linda T

Lubbock, Texas, US

I agree with Sara

Jun 30 05 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

I agree with the two hot ladies.   I was beginning to think,  I was smarter than most of the humans on this site?

catch me ,  I am faster like a bunny

Jun 30 05 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Got it.
I'm never on those two sites.
B

Jun 30 05 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Wow,  Kudos for the two hot ladies.  They taught Michael well.

Jun 30 05 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Hey,
I'm a quick learner.
Personally though--I would still want to know.
It would beat wading through all the crap on here.
B

Jun 30 05 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

ChristianBehr

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Actually, it would establish who is and who is not shooting naked work.  The majority of clicks occur from random people who are looking at naked girls.  If "t&a" was what this site was all about... I wouldn't be here... and neither would most of the people I associate with.

Personally, I like the system the way it is.

Jun 30 05 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

SML photography

San Diego, California, US

i agree i'm glad there isn't a rating system here. bc what ends up happening on musecube is someone that knows nothing about photography gives people 10 out of 10 bc it might be a a good idea or bc the model is naked... most people that i have seen are just blowing sunshine other peoples butt. for example, there is a photographer on Musecube that does nice work, mostly digitally manipulated, but good.  Until i realized that all he was doing was stealing other photographers ideas and reshooting them. yet he gets supper high ratings.  well he used too LOL.   i perfer the MM model, leave a comment or send them an email. 

in my option i wish you could do searches for types of models. as well as where.  say i'm looking for a swim wear, then i can just search for that.

Jun 30 05 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

SML photography

Christian u read my mind.

Jun 30 05 02:45 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Popularity contests are so highschool.

Jun 30 05 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Oh please!
Get a grip.....oh no oh no, no more t&a, I can't take it!
High brow mentality makes for boring photographs........

Jun 30 05 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

ChristianBehr

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Oh Please Indeed.

Racey and edgy photos are fantastic with me.  I have no problem shooting or viewing those.    " Show me your crack in front of a window "... that's a different story... it's a different profession than I'm in... and frankly, draws a different crowd. 

The ONE mentioned site seems more adapted to that crowd... and I'm sure they have a " most frequently viewed " section already in place.  Why not try to compete with other photographers who shoot like-minded materials?  If the admin of this place followed the path created by the ONE admin... it's likely this place would become one of those.  And all those people shooting just like you... would be here, showing more crack than you, and getting more clicks than you, and knock you several hundred rungs back.

I personally think this place should have an identity all of it's own... and hope that the moderators fight to keep it.

Jun 30 05 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

75 tags on my page, some were deleted because they sucked, lol.

127 image comments, some were deleted people of image updates.

The most viewed image I have has 686 hits to it.

797 people on my friends list.

Been banned once.

Member since April 08, 2005.

I WIN!!

Jun 30 05 04:19 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Vote theda for homecoming queen!

Jun 30 05 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by ChristianBehr: 
Actually, it would establish who is and who is not shooting naked work.  The majority of clicks occur from random people who are looking at naked girls.

Sounds like OMP...

Jun 30 05 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

Posted by ChristianBehr: 
Actually, it would establish who is and who is not shooting naked work.  The majority of clicks occur from random people who are looking at naked girls.

Sounds like OMP...

OMP === One More Perv

Jun 30 05 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

There's a perv in all of us................and alot of great stuff on OMP as well.
At some point,
MM will be perceived just like OMP.
Once cool--now not.
It's inevitable-especially since every tom dick and sally has been mindlessly signing up already.
B

Jun 30 05 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Michael Barian: 
There's a perv in all of us................and alot of great stuff on OMP as well.
At some point,
MM will be perceived just like OMP.
Once cool--now not.
It's inevitable-especially since every tom dick and sally has been mindlessly signing up already.
B

The leadership in the community should be such, exemplary to an outstanding degree, that every Tom, Dick and Harry, Peter, Paul & Mary will feel compelled to aspire, gravitate to each higher peak, without so much as feel disempowered to make mistakes and learn as they go along, or feel as if they don't belong.

Jun 30 05 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

I totally agree with your point,
but all the OMP bashing is petty.
This site will be perceived the same way at some point---
it's like a nightclub that's once hot, then 6 months later not.
Just human nature.
B

Jun 30 05 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

It won't work! I've seen this done on more sites tha I can remember and it's 99/100% all models at the top, especially the ones doing nudes. (Gee, wonder why that is?, Duh).

It would also have to be setup so only 1 visit from the same visitor going there 20 times in one day only registers on the count "once" and not 20 like the pic counter does now.

Even with that type of counting method it can easily be manipulated various ways and (and I know all the ways it can) I've seen alot of models doing it. Something about women having to be more popular than the next is what it really is. False ego builders, just what we need. The idea sucks.

Jun 30 05 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Posted by Glamour Studio /Gary: 
It won't work! I've seen this done on more sites tha I can remember and it's 99/100% all models at the top, especially the ones doing nudes. (Gee, wonder why that is?, Duh).

It would also have to be setup so only 1 visit from the same visitor going there 20 times in one day only registers on the count "once" and not 20 like the pic counter does now.

Even with that type of counting method it can easily be manipulated various ways and (and I know all the ways it can) I've seen alot of models doing it. Something about women having to be more popular than the next is what it really is. False ego builders, just what we need. The idea sucks.

Jun 30 05 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I totally agree with your point,
but all the OMP bashing is petty.
This site will be perceived the same way at some point---
it's like a nightclub that's once hot, then 6 months later not.
Just human nature.
B

I agree that eventually this site will be reduced to the lowest common denominator, but I don't think we should rush it by putting in a voting system that would favor images appealing to the prurient tastes of web surfers.

Jun 30 05 05:51 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

i THINK ITS A REALLY TACKY IDEA

Jun 30 05 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Gary you're right...bad idea.

B

Jun 30 05 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

However,
I do like to know, artists who I admire----what their tastes are,
my original thread was to get closer this point.
B

Jun 30 05 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Harvey

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I vote "NO"!

So far, this site has been about meeting and working with people. Sharing ideas, thoughts, fantastic email system allows great communication...

I personally am not interested in who gets the most pic views or comments or profile views...I don't even want to know how many people have viewed my profile.

Jun 30 05 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Jun 30 05 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

You get to know someones taste---model/photog. if you see them consistantly responding to the same photos you like.
It makes me want to shoot a model more--if I know we are on the same page.

Jun 30 05 06:17 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

You get to know someones taste---model/photog. if you see them consistantly responding to the same photos you like.

Well some of that can be accomplished if the talent search page added a checklist of modeling genres as criteria, among other things metioned as search criteria by others.
As of now the search/browse page is void of any good pertinent search functions.

Jun 30 05 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Posted by Glamour Studio /Gary: 

Well some of that can be accomplished if the talent search page added a checklist of modeling genres as criteria, among other things metioned as search criteria by others.
As of now the search/browse page is void of any good pertinent search functions.

Jun 30 05 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Well stated again.

Jun 30 05 07:24 pm Link

Model

Leila

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

I'ld rather not be in Jr. high school again.

Jun 30 05 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Start a thread from time to time to ask the Howdy Dowdy gang,  What are their favorites.

That seems to work.

Jun 30 05 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Well for the record---not one person was diggin' on the idea,
so my bad!
Very very bad.

Jun 30 05 07:34 pm Link

Model

Shayuma

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

I thought of this today:  Maybe I'm way off...but here goes.

Top 10 catagory on the homepage:  models/photogs.  who get the most comments-views.

Just a fun way to monitor who people are responding to the most.

This is more about popularity, not nec. quality---however it COULD indicate both.

B

I dont like this idea. First because most people don't add comments. Those that do usually vote for Nude/Implied photos. I also think it would turn into a popularity contest. Not necessarily voting for the best model/image/photography, but who is more popular.

Jun 30 05 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Also people would be afraid to experiment with different shots on their ports.  That is why I think even an image count is a stupid human trick.

Jun 30 05 07:37 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

*looks around*

What's wrong with popularity contests?

lol

Jun 30 05 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

I knew VM would come around  lol,

deep down we all want to know---it's a guilty pleasure,
but again,
my initial thought was not to turn this into a junior high thing-
but instead,
who is so and so's top ten photogs/models/photos on this site.
I definately have my own list (in my head)
and
personally would be curious to find out.
B

Jun 30 05 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

I knew VM would come around  lol,

deep down we all want to know---it's a guilty pleasure,
but again,
my initial thought was not to turn this into a junior high thing-
but instead,
who is so and so's top ten photogs/models/photos on this site.
I definately have my own list (in my head)
and
personally would be curious to find out.
B

Enquiring minds want to know.  Of course, if you know you won't make it in the top 100, you would think it was a bad idea.

Someone needs to feed our egos here!  If this does come about with a 1-10 vote, 10 being the best, I can't wait to get bombarded by those 1's, lol

Jun 30 05 07:45 pm Link