Forums > General Industry > anyone watch Americas Next top Model tonight ???

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

ok that had to be the hardest runway challenge.

I can walk in high stripper heels but alot of women can't
talk about a tough challenge and all of them walk terrible.

what do you guys think?

Mar 22 06 07:48 pm Link

Model

Chu

Haha...I think the problem with a lot of them was they were trying to walk to fast.  They were a little too sheltered.

Personally, I feel it was time for Gina to go home.  She needs someone to hold her hand and when she is way over in Japan or some remote location nobody is going to be there to hold her hand. 

I hope that she has been alarmed that she may be next and does it up extra nice with more shine next week.

Mar 22 06 07:54 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

They kept Gina. There is no justice in this world.

I'm so mad.

...ok now I'm over it. smile

Mar 22 06 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Taria Reed

Woodbridge, New Jersey, US

begin rant...

Gina annoys the hell out of me. She has a constant look of confusion on her face. That girl doesn't have a clue. There were other girls in the casting that were more beautiful than her, so I ask myself...WHY THE HELL IS SHE THERE? It sure as hell isn't for her talent or personality.

...rant over

Mar 22 06 09:24 pm Link

Model

Lamar Scott

New York, New York, US

ANTM pissed me off tonight. Those girls are just starting and they can barely do a normal catwalk. What makes the judges think they were going to be able to walk in those shoes. They knew somebody was going to fall and now a girl hurt hersel because of it.

Mar 22 06 09:26 pm Link

Model

Mai Lilly

Fairfax, Virginia, US

Personal Touch wrote:
begin rant...

Gina annoys the hell out of me. She has a constant look of confusion on her face. That girl doesn't have a clue. There were other girls in the casting that were more beautiful than her, so I ask myself...WHY THE HELL IS SHE THERE? It sure as hell isn't for her talent or personality.

...rant over

hahah I agree with you completely=) Unfortunately for the rest of the talented models in the world, asians aren't usually tall enough to do runway work. So I figure, they just needed a "token asian chick" to claim some sort of diversity.
I'm surprised they even chose her to be on the show...I'm shocked they've kept her this long. It's sad.

Mar 22 06 09:27 pm Link

Model

Sxy6ftr

Springfield, Virginia, US

who got the boot tonight?

Mar 22 06 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Taria Reed

Woodbridge, New Jersey, US

Kari

https://www.upn.com/shows/top_model6/show/ep03/photos/3/13.jpg

Mar 22 06 10:24 pm Link

Model

Amanda Jeanne

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I have to admit that I found the cockroach accessories pretty damn cool. Though I'm sure someone from peta or an insect's rights group will have something to say about it.

Mar 22 06 10:35 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

There is no way Kari would end up being an editorial fashion model or a runway model, but she's a nice kid and very attractive.  I'm sorry she had to go at this stage when there were others that were more deserving of the boot.

Mar 22 06 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

Amanda Jeanne wrote:
I have to admit that I found the cockroach accessories pretty damn cool. Though I'm sure someone from peta or an insect's rights group will have something to say about it.

I totally want a rhinestone cockroach as a pet...haha. I can't believe they glued little gems on 'em though. How on earth did they get them to stay still?!

And ugh, I'm disappointed in this season....really lacking in all departments.

Mar 22 06 11:01 pm Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

I felt sorry for danielle  she fell in those heels, but Jade, I kept getting distracted by her hair.... I dont feel that the blonde works for her.but that is me.

Mar 23 06 10:56 am Link

Model

Yanique

BRONX, New York, US

I thought it was the funniest shit I've ever seen!..LMFAO!!  I'm still mad they sent Carrie home over Gina..what was that about?!

Mar 23 06 11:01 am Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

Because Kari is too fat for fashion.  Sorry... tongue

Mar 23 06 11:09 am Link

Model

Yanique

BRONX, New York, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:
Because Kari is too fat for fashion.  Sorry... tongue

lmao..well put diana..lmfao

Mar 23 06 11:11 am Link

Photographer

drdrew

Columbia, Alabama, US

i think they booted her cause she looks similar to the girl who won last season.

Mar 23 06 11:31 am Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

drdrew wrote:
i think they booted her cause she looks similar to the girl who won last season.

No the girl that won last year was a size 0 and at the biggest a 4.  I doubt Kari is a size 0 or a 4.  This girl is too commercial in my opinion.

But I think all of the girls have no potential and are only chosen for their personality.  Which doesn't really matter in the real world of modeling wink

Mar 23 06 11:35 am Link

Model

LeB

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Kari needed to go, but so does Gina,I mean, having to be physically PUSHED onto the runway....come on!

Mar 23 06 11:39 am Link

Model

LeB

And the shoes were damn hard, but it's a challenge, thats the point...and some girls kicked butt there.....

Mar 23 06 11:40 am Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

Gina is asian and she's a drama queen on top of that.  She also has slamming cheek bones!  Miss Tyra gets more ratings by keeping her on just a tad longer!  This show is so stupid but I can't help but watch it........because it's so unlike the real world!  LOL, I seem to like to torture myself with bad TV tongue

Mar 23 06 11:41 am Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

LeBrone wrote:
Kari needed to go, but so does Gina,I mean, having to be physically PUSHED onto the runway....come on!

yeah she should have been booted for that. why couldnt they both have been kicked off tyra's done it before.

Mar 23 06 11:42 am Link

Makeup Artist

aLyLynnette

I can't believe they kept Gina over Kari, I mean HELLO. It is PAST time for that chic to bounce

Mar 23 06 11:43 am Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

No the girl that won last year was a size 0 and at the biggest a 4.  I doubt Kari is a size 0 or a 4.  This girl is too commercial in my opinion.

But I think all of the girls have no potential and are only chosen for their personality.  Which doesn't really matter in the real world of modeling wink

She looks like she could be about a size 4 or 6. She's just not very toned.

I feel bad for you fashion models. I'd be happy to get down to a size 6, but 0? eck.

Mar 23 06 11:45 am Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

Gina is skinny with awesome cheek bones.

Kari is too pudgy.

That's why.  Personality doesn't matter in the real world of modeling....only reality tv!

Mar 23 06 11:45 am Link

Model

shimmer

Arlington, Texas, US

Jade:
I can't wait til she gets slapped down. Dear Lord I can't wait.
Gina:
She's dumb. She's intimidated. And she's really not that attractive.
Furonda:
FUCKING GHETTO. Dear God she's ghetto and her voice is annoying because of her accent.
Danielle:
Gorgeous, but again, kinda ghetto. When someone doesn't know the meaning of the word "regal" it's a put off for me.

I love Mollie Sue and...the really pretty brunette who I can'tremember her name, and Sara(?) I think her name is.
The rest can be replaced by mallrats and no one wouldknow the difference.

Mar 23 06 11:50 am Link

Model

LeB

Mollie Sue needs to show more personality, but she's good, and I really like Sara right now. The funny thing about Sara, is that they did find her in a mall (mallrat;-)?), and she didn't even go to any of the castings.

Mar 23 06 11:56 am Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

The show to me seems a little to unrealistic when it comes to the real modeling world. I mean, the roaches? Come on now. What designer would even bother with such a task of collecting 30 something roaches togethor for a show there already on pins and needles about.

Jade and the blonde hair?!?! Tyra YOU ARE NOT A HAIRSTYLIST! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN DECIDE WHAT HAIR COLOR/STYLES TO PUT ON THE MODELS??! UGH!

I aint hatin. smile Sometimes Tyra and her drag queen ways just get on my nerves

Mar 23 06 07:05 pm Link

Model

Pryclss

Sunset Valley, Texas, US

Diana Moffitt wrote:

This is true. I'd like t present to you all, Evidence Exhibit A:Last season's winner. I'd give anything to know how many takes it took her to actually complete that Cover Girl commercial that's airing right now. As badly as she did on that very same challenge last season, I'm sure Snickers made a killing at that set.

Mar 23 06 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

i like Jades blonde hair lol
think it fits her fine
but just me lol

and yeah Gina has all the potential to make it in the high-fashion modeling world....
Tall, them high ass cheekbones that fashion folks love, thin as hell.
If she gets her act together and learn to work all those attributes she may can win.

NNena started out to be my fave but she has been slacking since the first show.

I love Danielle, she almost broke her legs and still smiled all happy when she fell in them heels. and she rocked this weeks pictures and the last weeks to.

but if Gina don't get her act together this week she will be the next one going home no doubt.

Mar 23 06 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Classic Images by Jeff

San Jacinto, California, US

As long as Jade gets put in her place the rest is all good!

Mar 23 06 08:18 pm Link

Model

Ashley Austin

Crosby, Texas, US

Ok everybody has commented on the worst girls on the show.  Who will win?   I can't remember her but it starts with a "J" Jaden?  Anyways the chick with the long blonde hair.  I am cheering her on!

Ashley

Mar 23 06 08:29 pm Link

Photographer

Hoot

Picayune, Mississippi, US

AJ Bella wrote:
The show to me seems a little to unrealistic when it comes to the real modeling world. I mean, the roaches? Come on now. What designer would even bother with such a task of collecting 30 something roaches togethor for a show there already on pins and needles about.

It's all about the designers vision. However, some of them seem to have cataracts.

I had six of the girls in a fashion show where, instead of a runway, the show was in a big hall, and the designer made a bunch of little "rooms" with mosquito netting and put the girls inside with butterflies. Live ones. All over the place. Thousands of the critters.

That was kinda strange.

It would have been really pretty, but they screwed up the lighting and made it too dark. Butterflies don't fly much when it's dark, and you can't see them very well. Or the clothes either for that matter, but that wasn't such a bad thing in this case. So anyway, the girls started scooping up these bugs by the handful and tosssing them into the air. That worked really well until some of the butterflies started just dropping straight to the floor. Then the designer got all paranoid about having to pay for all the dead butterflies he was going to return to the rent-a-bug place. Fortunately for everyone, the show was over about then.

In hindsight, it was really kind of hilarious. Well, I thought it was at the time, too, but I couldn't let on.

big_smile

Mar 24 06 01:23 am Link

Model

Chelsea Gilgore

Seattle, Washington, US

i really dislike gina and jade. gina is so flippin annoying and jade is so arrogant its disgusting.

oh, and im really sad kari is gone... she had pretty lips.

Mar 24 06 01:56 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Should have pulled a Trump and axed both of them.

Mar 24 06 08:02 am Link

Model

Windy Knight

Stockton, California, US

i love the show... brooke is my new fav.. i think she is really pretty and had great potential... i do not like monique.. i think thats her name.. she bitches too much!! lol

Sep 21 06 12:34 am Link

Photographer

edgymodels

Atlantic Beach, Florida, US

its not like that in the real modeling world..hey its tv..edgy models

Sep 21 06 12:36 am Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

you mean that show is still on the air......lol
i was so over it before the first 10 minutes.

Sep 21 06 12:36 am Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

edgymodels wrote:
its not like that in the real modeling world..hey its tv..edgy models

GASP! Are you saying reality tv is nothing like the real world!? Oh, the shocker!

https://bestsmileys.com/surprised/4.gif

Sep 21 06 12:41 am Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

why is this all about last season?

Sep 21 06 12:47 am Link

Model

Jakki Browne

Los Angeles, California, US

Dude WHY were there NO ASIAN women on the show?  That really bothered me.  Since it is a reality show, in reality there are tons of beautiful Asian women.  That really annoys me.  I want someone non-black or white to win, ANTM needs more diversity!

Sep 21 06 12:48 am Link