Forums > General Industry > models and children

Model

elisabeth1986

Charleston, Arkansas, US

I'm doing a thing (requested by a friend) to see how many models have children. Its pretty much a survey do children end success? OR is there success after children? So any helpful comments is surely helpful! Thanks....

Mar 22 06 04:47 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

elisabeth1986 wrote:
OR is there success after children?

Nope..no success after children! AngelTara is a perfect example of this!!

wink

I love you, Angel!!!

Mar 22 06 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

elisabeth1986 wrote:
I'm doing a thing (requested by a friend) to see how many models have children. Its pretty much a survey do children end success? OR is there success after children? So any helpful comments is surely helpful! Thanks....

Well, I am not a model, nor do I have children.

But honestly? One of the most successful women I know (both financially AND personally) has 4 kids.

So, clearly, having kids does NOT "end" ones success by any means.

Might it make some things harder? Absolutely.

End all opportunities for success? No way.

Don't worry, Elisabeth. You're gonna do just fine. Fortitude. Tenacity. Perseverance. Hold to those and the success will come in time.

Model

Angie Borras

Kissimmee, Florida, US

I have children and  my son has not limited for me to pursue my career. You may be limited   that you have to plan things ahead of time. Unlike a  model without children that can just get up  and go anywhere without worrying. But to me  he hasn't stop me from being succesful. I'm still in college like any  other  girl would if they didnt have children to me. It has made me stronger and it has encourage me to do things that I wouldn't have tried  before I had him. He's the reason  why I want  to succeed in life.

Model

elisabeth1986

Charleston, Arkansas, US

Intensity... girl u are gorgeous! you don't look like you have kids at all!

Mar 22 06 04:56 pm Link

Model

Angie Borras

Kissimmee, Florida, US

elisabeth1986 wrote:
Intensity... girl u are gorgeous! you don't look like you have kids at all!

Thanks! And no exercise  has been required  either hahahaha
plus my junk food dieting helps as well lol ;-)

Mar 22 06 04:59 pm Link

Model

elisabeth1986

Charleston, Arkansas, US

no more ppl w/ babies? hmmm

Mar 22 06 06:48 pm Link

Model

Mistress Purgatori

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I have an almost 6 y/o girl and am about to give birth to a boy in less then 4 wks.and this pregnancy I shot when I was 7 mo's along.there are lots of models w/ children.so I don't think modeling or the sucesses of it end after children.
xxx
MP

Mar 22 06 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Taria Reed

Woodbridge, New Jersey, US

I have a child, and he has not stopped me from doing much of anything. Hell, it was my husband's doctors appointment that stopped me from going to a fashion week fashion show (still bitter about that, as you can tell..lol). As long as you plan your work and work your plan, in most cases children are the inspiration one needs to get off their butt and succeed.

make sense?

T

Mar 22 06 06:57 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

CrazyIsabelAurora wrote:
Nope..no success after children! AngelTara is a perfect example of this!!

wink

I love you, Angel!!!

::jaw drop!::

awww, you're gonna..::sniffle::make me...get all....teary eyed!!

I love you too Isabel!!

♥

Mar 22 06 07:12 pm Link

Model

veester

Portland, Oregon, US

I started modeling after I had my 4 kids and am now on #5...so there is life after children for models! smile

Mar 23 06 12:23 am Link

Model

Aimee Zepeda

Woodbridge, Virginia, US

I have 3 children 8, 2 and 17 months

Apr 02 06 09:11 pm Link

Model

LuzJuliana

Grand Prairie, Texas, US

I have a 16 month old baby and he didn't stop me from modeling but it is harder. I can't just get up and go I have to find a sitter and plan everything carefully. I did have to quit my modeling job then ...more like they let me go it was great money and I was spokes modeling so it was way easy. But I have no regrets I love my son!

Apr 02 06 09:19 pm Link

Model

Acid-Candy

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

i have 2 beautiful baby boys age 5 and 6 months. its harder but they are worth everything.

Apr 02 06 11:41 pm Link

Model

thida

Snellville, Georgia, US

I have 2 kids...6 year old daughter Lauren and 3 year old boy Vincent.  Honestly, I don't think it will totally end my so called modelling career but I think it will definitely limit the amount of work I could do because of traveling.  I couldn't leave my children for too long with my husband...he would die!

Apr 02 06 11:50 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Kelly E Hensley

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia

I'm not a model either but my best friend, who is doing very well has 2 children. It hasn't hampered her success.

Apr 03 06 05:31 am Link

Model

Halina Anilah

Victorville, California, US

Congrats to all of you models with kids. I wish my mom would of perused her modeling, she was so beautiful at 17! 5.8’ really thin but nice lol nothing hardly on top! but i think that was the look in the 80’s!, she wanted to be a runway model. but gave up because Barbazon wanted a lot of money for modeling classes and a portfolio, then a few years went by then had us kids, but she told me she’s happy being a mom, and if she was to of made it as a model then she probably wouldn’t of had us kids! Anyway she is helping my sister and I with our modeling, she claims she’s not living threw us, but supporting us, she really gets into it at the shoots! she helps with makeup/hair/ and coaching, sometimes she makes us over smile with some of the stupid things she does! Some times I wonder if the photographer get mad at her lol, shes not one for sitting and just watching!

If your interested check out my Portfolio, my sister is really cute! her portfolio is at onemodelplace.com OMP# 95663

Anilah

Apr 06 06 02:44 am Link