Forums > General Industry > I dont want to exchange photo comments!!!

Photographer

Impro

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Thats right folks!! How many times have you sign in to MM and see tons of announcements literally begging people to leave comments or exchage comments on their photos. From my experience, leaving comments just because someone else left a comment on your picture, dosent convey a true appreciation for the photo. I rather have no comment as opposed to having a "fake" positive comment made by someone(even if your photo sucks) just because you left a tag or positive comment on their photo. I want to know when my work sucks and I want to know when my work rocks!! So if the work sucks, and you have some constructive critism then please leave a comment or else dont.. I am tired of seeing profiles with comments like "Amazing work, keep it up" even if the profile sucks ass. Anyways.. I guess I am just ranting.. What do you guys have to say?? By the way checkout my profile and offer me some constructive critism, if you think i need improvement!

Mar 21 06 06:42 pm Link

Photographer

TBoudreau Photography

Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

I went and saw your portfolio and told you honestly what I thought of a couple of your pictures, hope I didnot  offend you but I told the truth, if you want more comments let me know, if not tell me to stay away also no problem, I dont ly when it comes to comments I telll you what I think of the picture

Mar 21 06 07:51 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

(doug jumps up and down, waves arms) woo hoo "dont look at me" woo hoo!!!!

Mar 21 06 07:54 pm Link

Model

Zoe

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
(doug jumps up and down, waves arms) woo hoo "dont look at me" woo hoo!!!!

yeah, um, 'don't look at me' either. hehehehehehehehehe

Mar 21 06 09:00 pm Link

Model

Jennyblair

York, Pennsylvania, US

COMMENTS!!!!!! check out my profile and leave nice comments for all to see!!!!!

haha jk

yeah i totally agree.. i feel almost obligated with photogs leave such nice messages and then i look at their profile and im like uh... ew... I feel bad not saying anything, but I don't wanna lie either.  I think the best thing to do is either leave constructive criticism or not say anything at all.  you aren't obligated just because someone said something nice

Mar 21 06 10:22 pm Link

Model

xJenellex

New Jersey, New Brunswick, Canada

how about thank you?!? That is a suffice enough response as well as courteous.

OP- receiving messages in your inbox to trade comments is way more annoying.

Mar 21 06 10:30 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

Since the comments are usually just vain attempts to trade good karma, I'd rather see the ability to anonymously do a thumbs up/down on several *aspects* of the picture (makeup, ligthing, composition, model pose, etc.).

Make it all AJAX-Web2.0-RSS-Tag compatible and there's VC funding in there somewhere...

Mar 22 06 12:51 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

Good. Me neither.

Mar 22 06 12:53 am Link

Model

Adeforall

Houston, Alaska, US

bump!!!!!!!!!

Mar 22 06 01:07 am Link

Model

Jahzara

Jacksonville, Alabama, US

Are you mad??..Lets talk about it..lol..oh my some people get annoyed by the dumbest things..it's okay though u are right about the honest part..MMers PLEASE BE HONEST when you leave comments!!! You will be okay!

Mar 22 06 01:16 am Link

Model

VeenaJ

New York, New York, US

I like the idea of being able to leave an anonymous comment/critique...the "author" may not want to have his/her identity known...and in any case, the model/photographer/stylist could delete it from their portfolio...

There does seem to be a lot of pointless comments placed in people's ports...but if they don't like them, they can always be deleted, right?  smile

I crave well-thought, constructive comments that could potentially help me improve my work...but it only happens on occasion...

I HAVE, however, been directly asked by a few models here to exchange comments and tags, which I thought was pretty funny...

Mar 22 06 04:17 pm Link

Model

elisaveta ♀

New York, New York, US

Veena J wrote:
I HAVE, however, been directly asked by a few models here to exchange comments and tags, which I thought was pretty funny...

I know who they are!! wink

And I totally agree with the OP...

♀

Mar 22 06 04:21 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

yeah those emails make me uncomfortable!  hmm

Mar 22 06 04:27 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Beauty4U

New York, New York, US

Very True!!  But!!  I hate when people request to be your friend but they have nothing to say to you either.  No Tag, no comment, no nothing.  How are we supposed to be "friends" if you have nothing to say to me??  Hmm??!!

Mar 22 06 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

SFlickPhoto

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

LOL, maybe my feelings on this subject are why I don't have many comments.

I have visited MMrs profiles... some images inspire me to write something about the image. The ones that I dont write about I probably don't like or just there were too many that were good, but the one I did write on stood out. 

I have also left constructive critism before and I never heard anything back from those people. LOL... I was begining to think being honest and commenting on how it could be genuinely improved  was not acceptable here.

PS... comments of any kind welcome on my page. lol

Mar 22 06 04:30 pm Link

Model

VeenaJ

New York, New York, US

Yisell wrote:
Very True!!  But!!  I hate when people request to be your friend but they have nothing to say to you either.  No Tag, no comment, no nothing.  How are we supposed to be "friends" if you have nothing to say to me??  Hmm??!!

Half of the time, I reject the friend requests from random people who haven't made an attempt at any sort of communication, whether it be tag/comment/message. It feels like they just want to increase the # of friends on their page to show-off or something.

The other half of the time, I don't really care and approve them anyways!  smile

So much for consistency...

Mar 22 06 04:37 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yisell wrote:

I wrote on my page not to do just that but they do it anyway...GRRRRRRRR..that I Think is just plain rude..

Mar 22 06 04:40 pm Link