Forums > General Industry > Is the Jodi Foster Coppertone look coming back...?

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

I am very confused.  I have been seeing pictures out the wazzoo of women wearing bathing suits or underwear (mostly bathing suits) who are 3/4 turned with their back to the camera, looking at the camera and pulling their bottoms down just past their butt cheek.

At first I thought it might have been some odd photographer getting a nude shot in there on some poor unsuspecting model.....but then I started seeing them by the hundreds all over the country.  The odd part is both the model and the photographer calling this "Fashion" or "Swimsuit Advertisement".  Now, my wife gets tons of bathing suit catalogues (being Brazilian, she LOVES the itty bitty bikinis) and I have thumbed through them during football commercial breaks and have yet to see this shot ever.

It actually reminds me of an adult version of the 1960's ad for Coppertone where a 5 year old Jodie Foster had a little black dog pulling her bottoms off.  Is this just more of "Web Photography" at it's best?

Mar 21 06 12:42 pm Link

Model

Angie Borras

Kissimmee, Florida, US

hahaha I like the way that you put it. The coppertone look lol. Maybe a web thing I have never seen that in a catalogue or anything of that nature. Maybe they think it looks sexy or something. I wouldn't Know what they are thinking  because I have never done such shots.

Mar 21 06 12:52 pm Link