Forums > General Industry > Hellllllllllllllloo???

Model

Crystalle L

Orlando, Florida, US

Sorry if this has been posted before..

This is just getting to me since I see it more and more. In Casting Calls if an OP says "Please respond to me off this board...", then why do people insist on leaving a post on the board with all their info?

Why would you post your personal cell phone number there or your personal email? One girl even posted her home address! (I don't think that is the safest or smartest thing to do!)

I just don't understand what goes through their mind? Do they not know how to send a quick message? And doesn't it seem like you aren't that serious in the project if you don't follow instructions?

Helllo..what are these people thinking??

Sorry had to rant after I saw that home address up there..

Ok I'm done big_smile

Mar 21 06 01:27 am Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

I bet you're kind of a control freak. smile  What's it matter to you about why people post to those threads? Posting bumps the important (and still relevant ones) to the top.  I agree that it's not a good idea to post your address and phone number blatantly for the entire world to see.  But you can't stop that any more than you can stop them from stepping in front of a bus tomorrow.  Good points though smile

Mar 21 06 01:45 am Link

Model

Crystalle L

Orlando, Florida, US

Ah, I am a control freak, you got me on that one. wink. Although I may sound a bit mean about it in my original post, my real point is to just kinda warn those who don't know- you never know what kind of people are out there on the internet just waiting to find info like your phone number and address. Yes, that info can be found other places on the internet if you try real hard, but why make is so readily available for creeps? Just trying to inform...

Mar 21 06 01:53 am Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

It can be said a thousand times, but if just one of those times helps keep someone form getting into trouble, then it's worth it. smile

Mar 21 06 02:11 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Crystal L wrote:
Although I may sound a bit mean about it in my original post, my real point is to just kinda warn those who don't know- you never know what kind of people are out there on the internet just waiting to find info like your phone number and address. Yes, that info can be found other places on the internet if you try real hard, but why make is so readily available for creeps? Just trying to inform...

Darwinism, my dear. Darwinism.

If they are too stupid to have the common sense to already know these things, do not upset the process of natural selection by warning them. I understand your good and pure intentions. But, really, the idiots of whom you speak NEED to be killed by creepy axe murderes and removed from the gene pool for the betterment of humanity. Surely you don't want those nimrods to breed and multiply, do you?

Mar 21 06 02:27 am Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
Darwinism, my dear. Darwinism.

If they are too stupid to have the common sense to already know these things, do not upset the process of natural selection by warning them. I understand your good and pure intentions. But, really, the idiots of whom you speak NEED to be killed by creepy axe murderes and removed from the gene pool for the betterment of humanity. Surely you don't want those nimrods to breed and multiply, do you?

I thought Tyler said no one is to be punished, they get to remain looking dumb.
(it's late and I may be wrong again)

I'd say the secret is not to let it get to you...smile

Mar 21 06 02:31 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

i am really interested in your project, please check me out and see if i have what it takes smile

Mar 21 06 03:58 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
i am really interested in your project, please check me out and see if i have what it takes smile

me 2

Mar 21 06 04:02 pm Link