Forums > General Industry > Text in profile

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

Jun 30 05 02:47 am Link

Photographer

MikeyBoy

Milltown, Wisconsin, US

Howdy Folks !

I personally do not use a lot of blah blah verbally.. but hey, thats me... I am bored quickly by overly long mission statements loaded with New Age pseudo-intellectual philosophical nonsense.. or a foot long laundry list of every model they ever worked with... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

But what really cooks my nuts is the goobers who write " I DO NOT do TFP... I am too busy and wonderful to do TFP"...... but in the very next sentence proclaim " I will do TFP if you have a look or project that is interesting"... which is it bud ?

Happy Holidays !

Mikey

Jun 30 05 07:27 am Link

Photographer

Adrenalin Concepts

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted by MikeyBoy: 

But what really cooks my nuts is the goobers who write " I DO NOT do TFP... I am too busy and wonderful to do TFP"...... but in the very next sentence proclaim " I will do TFP if you have a look or project that is interesting"... which is it bud ?

Mikey

Pick one for sure.... amen. I have streamlined my text and written volumes on other profiles, quite frankly neither seems effective

Jun 30 05 07:28 am Link

Photographer

Mystic 7

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I prefer a bit of information. It gives me an idea of whether I should even bother making contact. No information, I won't contact the model. Too much, and I tend to weed out whatever information I need and disregard the rest. But I have to say my favorite profile text belongs to Marllee. Short and to the point. "I want to work for you. Yeah YOU!" :-)

Jun 30 05 07:47 am Link

Photographer

John Van

Vienna, Wien, Austria

If it's a model profile, I want to know what her goals are and how she describes herself professionally. It can show whether she's serious and proud of being a pro.

If it's a photographer's profile, I think too many go too quickly into high-minded talk about how unique they are and how awesome the art is they create. Most of the time, this isn't backed up by their portfolio.

Jun 30 05 08:59 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I want to see something written, but something brief and to the point.  I don't need a life story.

Jun 30 05 09:25 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

the image is all that matters...then references..
talk all ya want...when i see all that copy in a profile, i feel like my attention is being diverted from what matters..the images..

Jun 30 05 10:46 am Link

Model

Pinky

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Personally, I'd rather work with somebody who has the text in their profile.  Photos can speak for themselves if the shooter or model is good, but text gives me an idea of their personality and an idea of who I might be dealing with in the future if I decide I want to work with them.

Jun 30 05 11:16 am Link