Forums > General Industry > Tribute to the photographer

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Just to say thank you, and we appreciate it.

I guess this thread is a knock off of the "hottest photographer" thread...

but it is not to say who you think is hot, but just to say thank you.

Many photographers feel used and abused in the industry, and I just want to let them know that some I us TRULY appreciate their efforts.

So, thanks! We love you!

Kisses!

edit: I don't think I've ever walked away from a set and didn't feel the need to say thank you.

Mar 20 06 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Thanks Angel; we all appreciate it. But I also must say I really appreciate the models and makeup artists I'd had the pleasure of working with. It just wouldn't be the same without you! wink

-P-

Mar 20 06 08:18 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Oh, let's not forget the makeup artists and stylist! They are scrum'di-li-ump-tious! We love them as well.

Mar 20 06 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Either Angel is the sweetest person on the planet, or she is doing the flattery game for ..... what?

I am voting sweet!

Mar 20 06 08:22 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
Either Angel is the sweetest person on the planet, or she is doing the flattery game for ..... what?

I am voting sweet!

LOL, I'm going to go with sweet. smile

I'm just tired of the negativity. And after reading threads about photographers' expenses, and flakes, etc, it occured to me that alot of photographers feel as though we models do not respect them and their work.

But....we do!

So, where's the love??? smile

Mar 20 06 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Angel Tara wrote:

Many photographers feel used and abused in the industry, and I just want to let them know that some I us TRULY appreciate their efforts.

So, thanks! We love you!

Kisses!

Angel Tara - you are truly a class act. Your beauty knows no bounds - not just physical. Models like you keep us all inspired.

Mar 20 06 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

Hmmm ... so lovely!!!!!
I invite you for dinner anytime smile

Mar 20 06 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Louis Braga wrote:
I invite you for dinner anytime smile

Angel, sweet, you know you have an open invitation...(ok, I will get in line).

Mar 20 06 08:33 pm Link

Photographer

JenniferMaria

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Ay, que carinosa eres! You are so sweet. You made me smile.

(Another reason to visit Michigan! Marcia if you're reading this, yes, girl I'm still coming to town.)

Mar 20 06 08:33 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Thank you ladies and gents! smile

But ladies, ladies, ladies....and gentlemen..

comeon...

there is a photographer you'd like to say thank you too...must be! Where would we be without our pictures?? Without the kindness and the guidance?

Come on models...let's say thank you....

Mar 20 06 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

TR PHOTO

Los Angeles, California, US

How cool is this : )

Mar 20 06 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

Eros Artist Photography

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

Very cool - very cool indeed!

Thanks Angela!

Mar 20 06 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

Eros Artist Photography

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

Sorry - I meant to say Angel!!! ;0

Mar 20 06 08:41 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Can we thank people we have never worked with but just love their style or does it have to be only people you have worked with?

Just in case I want to say thanks to all the people I have worked with, Thank you because with out you none of this would be possible...lol

Mar 20 06 08:42 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Isys Entertainment wrote:
Can we thank people we have never worked with but just love their style or does it have to be only people you have worked with?

Just in case I want to say thanks to all the people I have worked with, Thank you because with out you none of this would be possible...lol

Ummm, I guess theoretically you can thank anyone, because chances are you may be thanking them for something that the model, client, art director, etc, did not.

Mmmm, I dunno. Sticky subject. If the thread gets alot of responses, we will see what other people think.

But it has to be something you TRULY appreciate. Like, it moves you. Not just "oh, those are great pics and if I had some I'd get more work, so thank you." LMAO

smile

Mar 20 06 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Angel Tara wrote:
Thank you ladies and gents! smile

But ladies, ladies, ladies....and gentlemen..

comeon...

there is a photographer you'd like to say thank you too...must be! Where would we be without our pictures?? Without the kindness and the guidance?

Come on models...let's say thank you....

Well, heck, I'm not a model (well, not really I mean like, not lately but... nevermind, it's complicated) but I'm not too proud to tell another photographer thanks.

Thanks, Leo.  Though your wisdom isn't directed my way, I still listen and pick up quite a bit.

Thanks, Don.  For the laughs.  For the booze.  For the advice.  For the direction.

Thanks, Greg.  For the contacts.  For the insight.  For the upcoming collaborative efforts.  I might just sit still in front of your camera before you go to LA.  But I have to keep my clothes on...

Thanks Anthony and Marko for answering my dumb questions.

And thank you to a ton of other shooters who have inspiring imagery and hilarious comments.

Unfortunately, the photographer from this site that I'd like to thank the most was only a member here briefly, but I can tell him "thanks" directly.

That said, don't expect me to say anything else nice about you fuckers for the rest of the year...

Mar 20 06 08:55 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Jay Bowman wrote:
That said, don't expect me to say anything else nice about you fuckers for the rest of the year...

LMAO!!!

Thank you, thank you very much...

big_smile

Mar 20 06 08:59 pm Link

Model

No longer active-

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Angel Tara wrote:
it is not to say who you think is hot, but just to say thank you.

yup, thanks for sharing your artwork and the valuable advice

Mar 20 06 09:25 pm Link

Model

No longer active-

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

https://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/ATheFantastic/Takeapicture.gif

Mar 20 06 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Anaheim, California, US

if all the models were like this, photogs shouldn't be any different ... thanks Angel  you made my day smile

-JD

Mar 21 06 01:01 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

Awww, now I feel all warm inside.

Mar 21 06 02:34 am Link

Photographer

R. Olson (RO)

Seattle, Washington, US

Angel that was very kind of you, whats the catch? j/k smile Yes very kind of you and sweet as well.

Mar 21 06 02:36 am Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Jay Bowman wrote:
Thanks, Leo.  Though your wisdom isn't directed my way, I still listen and pick up quite a bit.

Thanks, Don.  For the laughs.  For the booze.  For the advice.  For the direction.

You buggar, are you saying that I am so cheap I can't provide booze?!  Huh?  Huh?

Angel, what's my number in the line?  LoL  You are the sweetest...really.

Mar 21 06 02:42 am Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Jay Bowman wrote:

lll wrote:
You buggar, are you saying that I am so cheap I can't provide booze?!  Huh?  Huh?

Angel, what's my number in the line?  LoL  You are the sweetest...really.

Nonono, that's not it at all.  I was saying that you aren't funny and you're too cheap to provide booze.  That's a not-so-subtle difference. 

:::snicker:::

Just kidding.  You'll have to prove that one wrong should you ever get out this way or if I ever make it out to Washington.  I got the chance to meet Don and we hung out and had drinks etc.  Though I will have to say that the statement I made was an inaccurate account.  I paid for drinks and Don picked up the tab on food...

Mar 21 06 09:30 am Link

Model

-Terrace-

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

You must have not read my thread 2 days ago....called "attn models:photg expenses cont.."   
Letting the photogs know that not ALL models are abusive and demanding. Some still understand the need for true talent and appreciate all the hard work.

smile ~Terrace

Mar 21 06 10:04 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

R. Olson (RO) wrote:
Angel that was very kind of you, whats the catch? j/k smile Yes very kind of you and sweet as well.

there is no catch.

I got my tear sheet in the mail yesterday from Bruce, and I was feeling very thankful.

that's it

thankful...

thanks! smile

Mar 21 06 10:15 pm Link

Model

Zoe

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Angel Tara wrote:

I'm definitely appreciative of the professional photographers, MUAs, stylists, and designers that I've had the pleasure to work with...without them, my images would suck.  tongue

Mar 22 06 11:02 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ray

Tampa, Florida, US

Angel Tara wrote:

So, thanks! We love you!

Kisses!

edit: I don't think I've ever walked away from a set and didn't feel the need to say thank you.

I don't think there has ever been a photographer that has seen you walk off the set and NOT felt the need to say thank YOU!!!!  You're stunning, Angel!

Mar 22 06 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

Photographer Galore

Des Moines, Iowa, US

Thankful for the hard work we put in to make the model feel like a cover gurl...unless the model was born that way, lol...Angel was...he he he!

Mar 22 06 11:08 pm Link

Photographer

Matthew Cousins

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Thank you much smile

Mar 22 06 11:12 pm Link