Forums > General Industry > Take a walk down the yellow mayhem road.

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Ah,  with a shutter and a phone call,  I was awaken to my amaze but a tarded thread did appear.

I was too late to respond so maybe something to make note of.

I noticed that in the hottest photographer and model thread that many of the answers are only from people you know or have worked with.

That is a pity.  There is great work out in the wide world and this site.
Get out of your little neighborhoods and check out the work of others.
Follow links and take the time to enjoy the site for there are many great artists of all types here.

Get off your butts,  stop sniffin mine and check out the world.    It is a beautiful place if you take the time to look and read.

Reading and comprehension well that is something you will likely need to work on but give a try once in a while.

And dat is de truth as I see it.

Mar 19 06 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

Elliot

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

What are you babbling about?
That hottest model thread did nothing but help expose great models to the rest of us ... w/ 100000+ members here, its hard to see everything no?

Mar 19 06 01:23 pm Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

such a cute puppy

Mar 19 06 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Photography by Elliot wrote:
its hard to see everything no?

This is true.   I think that thread was great,  that is not the tarded thread I was talkin about.

Just making note that many here relying on the opinions of others and stay often in one place or area of this site and their own little world.

Sometimes it is good to take the long way home.

Mar 19 06 01:36 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

My, such big ideas from such a wise little dog. smile  I am always amazed at the number of people signed up on MM as appeased to the number of people who post to the threads.  I like to use the browse feature every once in a while to see who the new models/photogs/stylists are in my area, - and to see who they are linked too.  - 6-degrees of separation.  There is a lot of great talent out there with a lot of unique ideas.  The cool thing about independent artists who participate in public forums is the diversity of ideas. - You will never see that looking through agency comp cards.  This site is an incredible source for inspiration.

Mar 19 06 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Jack D Trute wrote:
I noticed that in the hottest photographer and model thread that many of the answers are only from people you know or have worked with.

How can we recommend someone if we do not know of them in order to do so?

Mar 19 06 03:23 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

How can we recommend someone if we do not know of them in order to do so?

I think the point of the thread is to step out, take a chance, and see what's around the block.  "Those who venture out and take risks are often rewarded," says Confucius. (Well, he probably said something like that) smile

Mar 19 06 07:07 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

Jack D Trute wrote:

pfft nuh uh~ I don't know, never met and probably never will meet Apnea (unless by some stroke of luck I get to work with the wonderfully talented Lithium Picnic. Maybe?) and she's still in my opinion the hottest model on here.

Mar 19 06 07:16 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The whole idea of the hottest photog and model thread is to expose people we would often pass up even when browsing, I use the browse love the browse but love the interaction of the forums way better... As for the "tarded thread" I think I know what one you meant..

Mar 19 06 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Jack North

Benicia, California, US

Jack D Trute wrote:
Just making note that many here relying on the opinions of others and stay often in one place or area of this site and their own little world.

Sometimes it is good to take the long way home.

that is true everywhere

Mar 19 06 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I miss playing Random Photo Roulette.

Mar 19 06 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Isys Entertainment wrote:
The whole idea of the hottest photog and model thread is to expose people we would often pass up even when browsing, I use the browse love the browse but love the interaction of the forums way better... As for the "tarded thread" I think I know what one you meant..

I believe you know what thread I am discussing,  it was not yours.

I loved yours and the fact that you kept it going.
I am not complaining about those who posted,  just trying to inform people of the great things that are out there over the hill.

Sometimes when you pee on the grass too long, the grass on the other side of the hill really is greener.

Same goes for snow.

Mar 19 06 09:27 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

LOL I know what you mean...

Mar 19 06 09:34 pm Link