Forums > General Industry > Pretty Panties and Other Underthings

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Ladies:
Which panty/undergarment brands are your top rated?  Things to consider are 1-wear and tear (even if you wash them by hand), 2-comfort and accuracy of sizing, 3-selection, and finally 4-price.

Gentlemen:
Which panties/undergarments do you prefer to see your SO in?  1-Matching or mismatch or none?  2-Bloomers (a.k.a. granny panties), thong, bikini or boyshorts?  3-Trashy or conservative lingerie?

Let's keep it clean people!!  *rubbing hands together* This should be fun!!

Mar 16 06 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

David A

Pleasant Grove, Utah, US

If buying patterns are representative of what people like then listen up.  People come into our lingerie store all the time, many drawn in by the variety of colors we have.   They walk out with something black, red, white and occasionally pink.  Multi colored doesn't sell as good as solids unless it's red/black or black/red.  Girls that've got the good bods buy bra/panty/garter sets and corsets.  Girls trying to hide extra lbs buy gowns/teddies/halters.  Some patterns sell but they sell much slower than solids.  The fluffy feathery stuff is popular.

We don't sell real underwear - the stuff you'd wear to work, so I can't comment on what sells best for wear and fit.  We just sell the stuff that looks good as it's coming off. smile

David

Mar 16 06 02:04 pm Link

Photographer

Dreams To Keep

Novi, Michigan, US

Variety is the spice of life.  When we were first married, before this ass-hole therapist convinced my wife that nymphomania was "a bad thing", I used to come home to her to find her as a cheerleader (cotton panties), a harlot (a wide variety of frillies works there), a secretary ("sit on my lap and I'll dick-tate something to you", that always involved nylons and garters), a prom queen (her in her old old prom dress and us doing things to her with all that taffeta up over her head that her mother would NEVER have approved off on her real prom night......

.... hell, all women's frillies work well when the right mood is struck. :-) 

I'm not merely a dirty old man, I am a professional dirty old man so kiddies, don't try that stuff at home!

Mar 16 06 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

::panty thread...too exciting...can't type::

Mar 16 06 03:21 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

T I A L Y N

New York, New York, US

The number one thong in the US is made by the brand HankyPanky.  They had a big write up in the Wall Street Journal and they can not make enough of them. 

I hope to have a product that hot someday.  I'm a lingerie designer and our small company sells to upscale boutiques.  I also design private label for Victoria Secret.   

Thongs:  45%
Boyshorts:  35%
Low-rise panties/hipsters:  20%

Size Range and Color/ Print Prefernces vary greatly between regions.  If you need more factual information.  Check out www.mcpetesez.com   It is a free online industry newsletter.

Cheers,
Tia

Mar 16 06 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

former_mm_user

New York, New York, US

Jayne Jones wrote:
Gentlemen:
Which panties/undergarments do you prefer to see your SO in?  1-Matching or mismatch or none?  2-Bloomers (a.k.a. granny panties), thong, bikini or boyshorts?  3-Trashy or conservative lingerie?

i don't have an SO, but i prefer to see my one-nighters/booty calls in:

1 - bottom only, no bra
2 - boyshorts or lowrise panty.  i hate thongs
3 - yes

Mar 16 06 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

DFournier-Photography

Columbia, Maryland, US

I like the classy stuff.  No preference on thong, boyshorts or low rise really.  It kinda depends on the body type.  Matching is usually a good idea. 

Tia Lyn your stuff looks great - your site was a bit of a challenge though.  Where are your designs available?

Mar 16 06 04:17 pm Link

Model

Sweet Emotion 68

Oldsmar, Florida, US

Hello...........as far as wear and tear goes I prefer Hip Hugging Hi Cut Panties or Bikinis.........For the sexier side I adore various Thongs & G-Strings. I'm not big on Bras but I do like to match my undergarments. For my modeling shoots I prefer to wear what looks best on me............accent my features as best I can!!

Mar 17 06 09:11 am Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

I'm about to cry!!!

Everyone is actually staying on topic!!!!  OMG!!!

Mar 17 06 09:26 am Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Bloomfield, New Jersey, US

you wait, it's about to go wild up hurrrr ! As soon as they wake up  *LOL*

Mar 17 06 09:28 am Link

Photographer

JenniferMaria

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Victoria's Secret. La Perla. Agent Provacateur. Every now & again fun underthings like boyshorts with Pink Panther, Felix the Cat, Hello Kitty etc.

Mar 17 06 09:32 am Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

i order from fredricks of hollywood..i originally ordered a few of these:

http://www.fredericks.com/product.asp?c … ies&Page=1

but when i got them in, i loved them so much that i ordered all of the rest in all of the colors!!!!!!!

they are soooooooooooooooo my favorite underwear now smile

p.s. my butt looks way better then the model they have up! they need me to advertise for them! hmmmm *starts thinking* I may use my new undies for shoot wink

Mar 17 06 09:32 am Link

Photographer

Bill Tracy Photography

Montague, New Jersey, US

Ok, call me a perv, but I love the girly panties that have bright colors and things like 'happy bunny' cartoons or 'hello kitty'.

https://www.blackjackinc.com/ProductImages/ihb/sleepwear/ihb_underwear_allaboutme_b.jpg

I just think they're so cute and fun!

Mar 17 06 09:33 am Link

Photographer

Walsh Street Journal

Lewes, Delaware, US

Gentlemen:
Which panties/undergarments do you prefer to see .... 1-Matching or mismatch or none?  2-Bloomers (a.k.a. granny panties), thong, bikini or boyshorts?  3-Trashy or conservative lingerie?

RESPONSE:

"A Lady Is A Woman Who Makes It Easy For A Man To Be A Gentleman."

Conservative wins everytime, and increases the mystery of "woman".
Matching sets eliminate contemplative distraction.
Thongs just look uncomfortable.
Bikinis always need some adjustments. (Take a walk on the beach, and watch)
Lace Boyshorts cover beautifully, are completely feminine, and a joy to behold.

Mar 17 06 09:51 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

I know how expensive womens' undergarments can be, so I try to make up for it by insisting she wears no panties.  smile

Mar 17 06 11:09 am Link

Photographer

Bill Tracy Photography

Montague, New Jersey, US

SLE Photography wrote:
I know how expensive womens' undergarments can be, so I try to make up for it by insisting she wears no panties.  smile

That's so considerate of you!
I'll have to follow suit with this one - thanks!

Mar 18 06 08:16 am Link

Photographer

Anderson Artwork

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Jayne Jones wrote:
I'm about to cry!!!

Everyone is actually staying on topic!!!!  OMG!!!

Ok...gonna burst that bubble...look above to Tia Lyn's post...she is designer I contacted you about...LOL

Mar 18 06 08:47 am Link