Forums > General Industry > printing quality photos in ILLINOIS!

Model

bonitacyn

Cicero, Illinois, US

hi everyone,

does anyone know where i can print out quality photos preferable 9x12 without having a photographer i shoot with do it for me for about $10-$15 a piece? thanks!

Mar 15 06 05:02 pm Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

I use Mpix on the web. Fast service and reasonable price, quality results.

Mar 15 06 08:16 pm Link

Model

VeenaJ

New York, New York, US

I've heard from a model-turned-photographer that Shutterfly gives good quality prints (www.shutterfly.com)

But this is not my personal opinion, as I've never used it...but I trust this photographer!  smile

Mar 15 06 08:38 pm Link

Makeup Artist

KatAragon

FAIRFAX STATION, Virginia, US

Adorama.com by far. I have heard raves of this place for pro prints at great prices. They are based out of NY and ship QUICK! The bottom of their main page has a link to where you can order prints. Good luck.

Mar 15 06 11:59 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

MakeupIsArt wrote:
Adorama.com by far.

It's AdoramaPix.com

If you have the full-sized files and understand how to use color profiles in Photoshop, you can also convert it to their profile  before sending them off (assuming also that you have a calibrated monitor), you will get very very accurate results.

Mar 16 06 12:02 am Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

If you need 'em local & quick, try Gamma downtown at 314 West Superior. www.gammaphoto.com

I use www.pictopia.com out of California. They print on Fuji Crystal Archive and the results are superb. Easy ordering and image storage, trusted.

Mar 16 06 01:05 am Link

Model

-Terrace-

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

bonitacyn wrote:
hi everyone,

does anyone know where i can print out quality photos preferable 9x12 without having a photographer i shoot with do it for me for about $10-$15 a piece? thanks!

I would say to be careful with that....I dont know the conditions of your agreement, but if the photog didnt charge you very much for the shoot, than it was probably so he could make the money from the images you buy.  OR he could charge you a bundle for the shoot and you get all the images for cheap.
$10 for a 9x12 is not a bad price for good quality from the photographer. Not to mention, the images he may have given you on the web or whatever could be too small to have printed (if they are sized really small, when you have them printed they will look grainy and crappy) He may have to resize the images for the print.

Mar 16 06 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

lobo estepario

Chicago, Illinois, US

Someone say once "Miguel will take youf photos for a lot less and with a lot less clothes"
I think the photographer is over-charging, maybe. But Gamma on Superior is not cheap either. I do all my printing at home, specially Black and white so I would not know.
Good Luck. Miguel

Mar 16 06 03:38 pm Link