Forums > General Industry > how do u get hair glue out .......

Model

Victoria Rodriguez

Miami, Arizona, US

How the heck do you get hair glue out of your hair....I ripped the fake hair out already but I cant get the glue out of my hair. (insert annoyed scream here)

Mar 15 06 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

Fluffytek

VictoriaM wrote:
How the heck do you get hair glue out of your hair....I ripped the fake hair out already but I cant get the glue out of my hair. (insert annoyed scream here)

I believe that a short back and sides would do it smile

Mar 15 06 01:54 pm Link

Model

J Parker

Auburn, Alabama, US

My hairdresser said to try a lot of hair spray when I had extensions.  I tried that and it makes your hair and the glue will be more slippery to just pull out.  But I don't really like the glue method because its really hard on your hair and it really hurts when you try to take it out. Next time you should try sewing or the bonding method.  I hope this is helpful for you smile

Mar 15 06 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

scott farmer

Lawrenceville, Georgia, US

Gey a spray shine like Paul Mitchel the shine. spray it right on the glue and it should work it's self out.

cheers

Mar 15 06 03:11 pm Link

Model

Jahzara

Jacksonville, Alabama, US

You can either put grease on it because grease melts the glue...and then comb it out...then wash your hair...let the grease sit there and put chunks of it!! or you can try hair spray but make sure it's oily and grease so the glue melts!!

Mar 15 06 03:15 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Jahzara wrote:
You can either put grease on it because grease melts the glue...and then comb it out...then wash your hair...let the grease sit there and put chunks of it!! or you can try hair spray but make sure it's oily and grease so the glue melts!!

Does this work with any kind of glue? And also, I hope I don't sound stupid asking this, but what is the best kind of hair product going that would keep a Mohawk standing straight up without a lot of hairdryer use and time? As in a gel or a "hair glue" or something? I have really baby-fine hair and when I put stuff in it it just wants to fall over before I can get it where I want it.

Mar 15 06 03:22 pm Link

Makeup Artist

BridgitC-Makeup Artist

Atlanta, Georgia, US

You can go to any beauty supply store and get hair glue remover for about $1.99 or use oil sheen.. These products are used mainly for black hair so find a store that sells a lot of products for black hair....Coming from a weave queen...LOL

Mar 15 06 03:24 pm Link

Makeup Artist

BridgitC-Makeup Artist

Atlanta, Georgia, US

And getting a weave bonded is the same as using glue ( bonding glue )

Mar 15 06 03:26 pm Link

Model

Mel Morgan

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

you can buy bond remover from the hair supply store, or just use alot of conditoner & comb it out with a fine tooth comb.
i had that problem before, it blows.

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Speaking of black hair products...how does laquer work? And could I use it on my hair? (I'm white and my hair is really fine.)

BridgitC-Makeup Artist wrote:
You can go to any beauty supply store and get hair glue remover for about $1.99 or use oil sheen.. These products are used mainly for black hair so find a store that sells a lot of products for black hair....Coming from a weave queen...LOL

Makeup Artist

BridgitC-Makeup Artist

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Jojo try a hair paste and spritz.....that works sooooo good for a mohawk

Mar 15 06 03:28 pm Link

Model

Mel Morgan

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:

Does this work with any kind of glue? And also, I hope I don't sound stupid asking this, but what is the best kind of hair product going that would keep a Mohawk standing straight up without a lot of hairdryer use and time? As in a gel or a "hair glue" or something? I have really baby-fine hair and when I put stuff in it it just wants to fall over before I can get it where I want it.

aqua net hair spray or freezing spray & a blow dryer works beautiful.
wet hair with hair spray & comb while you blow it dry.
dont be afaird of the smoke! its not buring your hair.
when i had a hawk i lived by it, it makes the perfect fan.

than run a flat iron over the hawk when its finish to give it a nice crisp fan.

Mar 15 06 03:32 pm Link

Model

Redd

Stamford, Connecticut, US

oil sheen will take it out, spray directly on the glue, or you can use baby oil, you also need hair glue remover shampoo, i use it everytime i have glue, and it never takes my hair out. Some people who have the weave bonded in, either they or their hair dressers  made a mess and put the glue on the hair, or they are in a hurry to get it out, and they just rip it out, it will come out

Mar 15 06 03:33 pm Link

Makeup Artist

BridgitC-Makeup Artist

Atlanta, Georgia, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:
Speaking of black hair products...how does laquer work? And could I use it on my hair? (I'm white and my hair is really fine.)

Spritz spray is about the same as laquer, try the hard hold

Mar 15 06 03:40 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Thanks so much! I've asked a lot of my friends, and they all swear by "pump It Up" and a hairdryer...but I've also heard of everything from Elmers glue to egg whites. So, the info you all have given me may be just what I need! Thanks again! (Now...off to Sally's!) smile

Mar 15 06 03:43 pm Link

Photographer

Miss Gaby

MIDWAY CITY, California, US

how funny i was juuuuuust taking out my extentions out today toooo. but yea bond remover. my hair stylist gave me a bottle of it. but u really gotta massage your head with it. but the one i have smells nice. so i was ok with it smile

Mar 15 06 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

So when I bathed in acetone,  and needed a spinal cord transplant.  That was a bad thing?

Mar 16 06 12:15 am Link