Forums > General Industry > I'm sick of it!

Model

Mz Nova

Portland, Oregon, US

I did a photo shoot this weekend, and now I am paying for it.  I went into some cold cold water, got chilled and didn't have a chance to warm up again..now I am sick.  Has anyone else ended up sick from standing in the cold half naked before?

Jun 28 05 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Yes, but not from a photoshoot.

Jun 28 05 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Posted by NovaG: 
I did a photo shoot this weekend, and now I am paying for it.  I went into some cold cold water, got chilled and didn't have a chance to warm up again..now I am sick.  Has anyone else ended up sick from standing in the cold half naked before?

Always bring a warm blanket.

Jun 28 05 05:26 pm Link

Model

Mz Nova

Portland, Oregon, US

I had a blanket- but not a chance to warm up.  I was sent on my merry way with another photographer right afterwards...i guess what ever doesnt kill ya...

Jun 28 05 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Karlton Photo

Saint Charles, Illinois, US

Been in some pretty ugly, bizarre, scary and crazy situations and places myself...been injured, almost killed, almost destroyed my truck...and why do I do it...

TO GET THE SHOTS!

it is a sick twisted thing...isn't it?...lol

Jun 28 05 05:35 pm Link

Model

Lisa Fortier

Cocoa, Florida, US

Posted by Karlton: 
Been in some pretty ugly, bizarre, scary and crazy situations and places myself...been injured, almost killed, almost destroyed my truck...and why do I do it...

TO GET THE SHOTS!

it is a sick twisted thing...isn't it?...lol

Its the artistic nature in us  LOL  wink  Us artistic types are VERY strange....

Jun 28 05 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Morris

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Not as a model ... but have stood in a cold moutain stream shooting while the model is up on a nice warm sun soaked rock ... got so cold I had to get in the car afterwards and turn on the heat for 30 minutes ... and the whole time the model was just laughing her butt off ... and I don't blame her ... was all I could do to keep the camera steady from shivering smile

But, like Karlton said ..... TO GET THE SHOTS!

Jun 28 05 08:13 pm Link

Model

Amber Dawn - Indiana

Salem, Indiana, US

I hope you were paid for that cold shoot!

You really shouldn't risk your health for any shoot.

Jun 28 05 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

On Elizabethtown something like 30 extras got very, very sick from wading into water that had some sort of bacteria...
Always be careful,

Star

Jun 28 05 08:40 pm Link