Forums > General Industry > Bad Skin, does it really matter?

Model

Burnz F

San Diego, California, US

Porchia wrote:

Aveeno skin products work for me! LOL!

Kiehl's for me please smile

Oct 30 06 05:17 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:

Sooner or later , you will have to show up in person for a real job!

Photoshop is not your boyfriend!

LMAO!

Oct 30 06 05:19 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

I have good skin and need very little photoshopping. If a photographer remembers "hey wow I didn't have to photoshop her a great deal...I want to shoot with her again!" then that's to your benefit. but if your skin is terrible and takes hours of photoshopping then there's a chance that photographer won't want to work with you again

Oct 30 06 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

The German Woman

Berlin, Georgia, US

Isys Entertainment wrote:
Humm I agree less work the better in the editing sense but what do you do when you shoot someone with bad skin? how do you work with it?

If a model has really bad skin the agency may step in and book her out  for a while until her skin clears. Means that they won't send her to castings or go-sees because the bad skin would make an impression on photographers, editors, designers, etc that they most likely wouldn't forget so quickly. Yes of cousre it can get photoshopped out but that is expensive. post production is a timely and expensive matter so the less has to be done the better.

Oct 30 06 06:14 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

I've often pondered the same question.

I get the "thank fucking god you have great skin" comment often and I know the obvious reason why but some seem more overly-excited. Which I see why now.

Makes sense.

Oct 30 06 06:25 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Ector

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Yes, but not really.

Oct 30 06 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Isys Entertainment wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback my ignornace has just been slapped off my face

** Alisun's sweetcheeks turn red from the slap***

LOL

I like your cheeks !  the ones on the face too

Oct 30 06 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Sita Mae Edwards wrote:
The more time goes by, the more abjectly grateful I am for models who have model skin.  A few blemishes is no biggie, but truly bad skin (which I've been ambushed by before) basically involves reconstructive surgery in post-production, which is incredibly time consuming for people like me who aren't retouching wizards yet.

The shortcuts typically used won't work if the image needs to look unretouched; wizards still have to do it one by one. sad

I worked with a model a while back who had a serious case of acne, and it took hours to clean up the whole series. The makeup fixed the colors and such, but the shadows were still there.

Oct 30 06 07:36 pm Link

Model

DOne

Seattle, Washington, US

Porchia wrote:

Aveeno skin products work for me! LOL!

Oh Yaaaaayyyy another Aveeno lover....lol. tongue

I use only Aveeno and Olay (Olay because its always bought for me....I prefer my Aveeno).

Meela

Oct 30 06 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

GRHorn

New York, New York, US

Two things work for poor skin, makeup and photoshop or some other editing program.  It happens.  Hire good makeup artists and much of your editing problem is gone.  Just my opinion.  Models, keeping your skin as clean as possible and moisturized is you responsibility.

Oct 31 06 08:23 am Link