Forums > General Industry > MM is like a...

Makeup Artist

Beauty4U

New York, New York, US

MM is like a small town.  Everyone knows each other!!  I go to photoshoots almost every weekend and the photographer and I (or the model and I) end up knowing most of everyone else here...Even if they live like in the other side of the US!  LOL

Sometimes I feel like I should go next door and ask for sugar!

Has anyone ever been on a shoot and have someone say to you "oh yeah we know you, we spoke about you such and such time ago"

I get it alot and I'm surprised to know that people know who I am and know my work!

MM Rocks LOL

Mar 13 06 10:12 am Link

Photographer

Todd S.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US

MM is like

Fight Club, Alice in Wonderland+Through the Looking Glass and Pink Floyd's "The Wall" all rolled into one.

Don't ask me why. I just wanted to say it.

Mar 13 06 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Todd S.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US

Throw Terry Gilliam's movie "Brazil" in there too. Just for good measure.

Mar 13 06 10:15 am Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

Todd Steinwart wrote:
Throw Terry Gilliam's movie "Brazil" in there too. Just for good measure.

oh I hated that movie! It was way to dark and made me nauseous because it was such a dark movie.  I just felt so claustrophobic watching it

Mar 13 06 10:18 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

I was just so glad not to see...A box of chcolates.

Mar 13 06 10:20 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Model Mayhem is like a duck swimming on a calm pond, only the duck is also quacking its head off. Up on top is one activity that everybody can see - which is more or less noisy and pointless. Underneath is another activity, which is going like fury and actually accomplishing something useful, although most casual observers don't know it's happening at all.

M

Mar 13 06 11:31 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

CrazyIsabelAurora wrote:

oh I hated that movie! It was way to dark and made me nauseous because it was such a dark movie.  I just felt so claustrophobic watching it

That means it works!

Mar 13 06 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

"One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

Mar 13 06 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Chip Morton wrote:
"One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

Heh.  There's a lot more than one...

Mar 13 06 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Zunaphoto

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

80,000, supposedly.

Mar 13 06 01:27 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Images Studio

Brooklyn, New York, US

Well Yisell i know you

Mar 13 06 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Charlie Schmidt

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Yisell wrote:
MM is like a small town. Sometimes I feel like I should go next door and ask for sugar!

MM Rocks LOL

If you need any!?!  Let me know, I will share waht I have!
Charlie

Mar 13 06 01:39 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Beauty4U

New York, New York, US

Oh yay!! Gimme some SUGAR!!!!

Mar 13 06 02:40 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Beauty4U

New York, New York, US

Glamour Images Studio wrote:
Well Yisell i know you

I know you too!!!  smile

Mar 13 06 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

an erotic spectacular scene that captures the thrusting, violent, vibrant, wild bohemian spirit...

Mar 13 06 02:44 pm Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

at times MM is like a never ending jerry springer episode.

Mar 13 06 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

MM is like a...

...a night of bad sex.  Not the best you've ever had, but you still got off, didn't you?

Mar 13 06 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

Craig A McKenzie

Marine City, Michigan, US

is like...Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas cause you never know what kinda of trip your on...

Mar 13 06 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan123

Arlington, Virginia, US

I wonder what MM is like.  What we are talking about are the FORUMS.  I bet 80% of the posts are by the 100 most active people, 80% of the rest my the next 100.  There are a hundred thousand people on MM so a couple of 80%s and you get 99% of the posts from a fraction of one percent of MMers.  Who ARE these other people?  Why are they so quite.  What is the bottom of the iceberg doing down there?

Mar 13 06 03:07 pm Link

Model

StaciF

New York, New York, US

MM is like a model.....sometimes it rocks, sometimes it flakes, sometimes it just shows up,sometimes it works and sometimes it's nothing but drama..................

Mar 13 06 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Yisell wrote:
Has anyone ever been on a shoot and have someone say to you "oh yeah we know you, we spoke about you such and such time ago"

Yes.  But that's been happening since well before MM existed.  The real world community is pretty small as well, though I haven't actually paid attention to it lately.

MM is like a river.

-Don

Mar 13 06 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

...is becoming like fucking highschool with all the rumors and gossip about this photog, that model, this MUA, and that Stylist.

I have been burned a handful of times by No Show Models here on MM, oh well, shit happens, their loss not mine, move on and don't cry.

Life is too short for BULLSHIT!

Just because someone "Warns Me About" a particular Model doesn't mean I am not going to shoot with her.  Sometimes there are personality clashes that "WE" just can't explain.  I give EVERYONE the benefit of the doubt.

I worked with a model that someone sent me a private email about how she was on the phone all the time, was a space cadet, was a diva, etc...  So I did a TFP/CD Shoot with her, she was WONDERFUL!  I don't know what happened with the photog that warned me about her, but she worked out Great!

Goes to show you, just because Bob doesn't or didn't get along with Betty, doesn't mean I won't too...

I take all rumors and heresay with a grain of salt...

I hear many bad things about Israel Colon, a photog that was banned from MM for whatever reasons.  I have never met him personally but my girlfriend shot with him, the shots were great and she said that he was totally cool.  So to anyone that has said anything negative about him to me or my girlfriend we say, "Whatever!"

Mar 13 06 04:15 pm Link