Model

Sxy6ftr

Springfield, Virginia, US

Am I the only person who is feeling like a teenager with the use of so many acronyms on this site?  I know as a society we think "faster is better", however I find that I get lost in translation when I have to rack my brain to figure out some of the acronyms.  So will you kind Model Mayhem alumni & newbies use this thread to assist me with the translation of the acronymous language used so I don't feel like I am locked in a box (like my daughter acuses when I am new to anything nowadays)!
Thank you so much.

PS. Please also include which one are "good" uses and those that should never be used! https://modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/big_smile.png

Mar 13 06 08:14 am Link

Model

Adria W.

Sacramento, California, US

tog~ a shortened version of Photographer. Do not use. Is insulting to a good 90% of the photographers on this site, and makes some very angry. Best to just type out photographer instead.

tfp~ time for prints. Time for prints is an exchange of the model's time, for photographer's print outs.

tfcd~ Same thing, only model's time for a cd of images instead.

MUA~ Make up artist.

That's all I can think of. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry sad I'm new to this, and those are the only ones I've picked up.

Mar 13 06 08:21 am Link

Model

Sxy6ftr

It's sad that if you aren't talking about bushes & gay breast implant wearing models who are photgraphed by ignorant California photographers while talking on mindless forums that last for 3 days...no one is interested in the normal stuff any more, or maybe they are too damn stupid to even know what the word "Acronymic" is, no less what it means!  Why am I so Flippin intelligent?

Mar 13 06 10:45 pm Link

Model

Adria W.

Sacramento, California, US

Sxy6ftr wrote:
It's sad that if you aren't talking about bushes & gay breast implant wearing models who are photgraphed by ignorant California photographers while talking on mindless forums that last for 3 days...no one is interested in the normal stuff any more, or maybe they are too damn stupid to even know what the word "Acronymic" is, no less what it means!  Why am I so Flippin intelligent?

hehe...It's a curse isn't it? *smiles* Hope you find some better times among the others here on MM. big_smile

Mar 13 06 10:51 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

may i mention, that I was in the bathroom like...two minutes ago thinking the same thing, and thus i post one of my favorites

ROFLMAO- rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off

like...for real? was is necessary to take it too that level

plus, acronymns are a lil obnoxious because we all type so damn fast now a days, just write it out

Mar 13 06 10:52 pm Link

Model

Sxy6ftr

Adria Wells wrote:

hehe...It's a curse isn't it? *smiles* Hope you find some better times among the others here on MM. big_smile

maybe this means I spend too much time on MM, maybe I am the mindless one!https://modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/wink.png

Mar 13 06 11:03 pm Link

Model

SocraTease

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Sxy6ftr wrote:

that's funny, i was just thinkin that. this is the 2nd forum i visited in months, because it was one of the few that sounded like it had any intellectual value. a few of my favs... wtf=what the f***, brb=be right back, omg=oh my god, gn=goodnight. oh, its not on here but honestly, radar=radio detection and ranging (just so u know). n my all time fav: U R A Q T= do i really need to explain this one?

Mar 13 06 11:18 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

This site is tame compared to some of the technology forums where every other word is an acronym.  If I run across an acronym I don't know, I just Google it with one or too words from the same context.  ie: "TFCD photography"

A couple other common terms not mentioned above -

GWC - Guy With Camera
OP - Original Poster

Soon to be acronyms:

MWDDN - Models Who Don't Do Nudes
APRT - Another Photographer Rant Topic
MWDR - Models Who Don't Respond
MBDAN - More Boring Discussion About Nudity
MWCWCPPITP - Models Who Charge with Camera Phone Pics in Their Ports
APT - Another Pointless Thread
smile

Mar 14 06 10:59 am Link

Model

Sxy6ftr

Jay Dezelic wrote:
This site is tame compared to some of the technology forums where every other word is an acronym.  If I run across an acronym I don't know, I just Google it with one or too words from the same context.  ie: "TFCD photography"

A couple other common terms not mentioned above -

GWC - Guy With Camera
OP - Original Poster

Soon to be acronyms:

MWDDN - llamas Who Don't Do Nudes
APRT - Another Photographer Rant Topic
MWDR - llamas Who Don't Respond
MBDAN - More Boring Discussion About Nudity
MWCWCPPITP - llamas Who Charge with Camera Phone Pics in Their Ports
APT - Another Pointless Thread
smile

I am loving those...I will try to inc. them into my new acronym vocab!

Mar 14 06 07:41 pm Link