Forums > General Industry > Question Re: Sidney North Mgmt

Model

Kayla Gnotsavath

San Diego, California, US

Is there anything good or is it all bad when it comes to Sidney North Entertainment?  Thanks

Mar 12 06 10:09 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

General concensus is that Sidney North is either a scam, not legitimate, or simply 'no good'.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=31328
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=33406

Some clues:

*No physical address or phone number listed in advertisment or website.

*California state LICENSED Talent Agency database has no record of Sidney North. (www.dir.ca.gov/databases/dlselr/Talag.html)

*No record of Sidney North in SAG authorized agent database (www.sag.org)

*Amateurishly made website filled with many unsubstantiated claims and testimonials.

While individually none of the above mentioned "clues" indicate whether the business is legitmate or not, the combination of those facts should be a pretty good indication.

(Sidney North advertisements show that they will get you into major movie productions, hence the SAG agency reference)

Mar 13 06 10:47 am Link

Model

Lori Yin

Orlando, Florida, US

I was contacted by him on OMP and he wanted to manage me.  The first thing I noticed was that the pictures he had on his profile did not look very good quality or professional.  Corresponded with him through a series of emails and I'm not sure exactly what was said, because it was a while ago.  But his general demeanor was kind of bossy and pushy, and he did not volunteer much information about him or his company.  When I persisted with questions, he told me crap like I wasn't ready to take my career to the next level, I wasn't really serious about modeling, etc, etc. If I wasn't serious, why would I ask questions to make sure I knew who I was working was??  Needless to say, I stopped all contact with him.

That was my experience, hope it helps you.

Lori

Mar 13 06 03:02 pm Link

Model

Kayla Gnotsavath

San Diego, California, US

Lori,
That's sorta what I was looking for.  Most of the information about them is very vague.  Nobody I've read has said they did anything more than send in the app and get back the contract.  But atleast you gave me the info about how they handled you and that's what I wanted to know.  I would agree, if he's not interested in giving you info about him or his company then probably he's not totally on the up and up.  Again, thank you.

Kayla E

Mar 13 06 05:02 pm Link