Forums > General Industry > Wow- lookit this!!!

Model

Chaotika

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

When I signed up to model gig, i wasn't impressed and have never gotten anything from them as far as work is concerned.. but today, out of boredom, i went there and saw these red letters that sais "activate zed book"
I went "huh?" and clicked it, and i got this:
http://4754.modelgig.com/
This is really pretty!!! big_smile lol
~C~

Jun 28 05 01:10 am Link

Photographer

NightBreed

New Port Richey, Florida, US

VERY VERY KEWL!!!

Jun 28 05 01:12 am Link

Photographer

Michael Gundelach

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

WOW!!! That's am awesome way to display a portofolio...

Gee - have to steal the code for it ;o)

Jun 28 05 01:13 am Link

Model

Chaotika

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Hartsoe: 
WOW!!! That's am awesome way to display a portofolio...

Gee - have to steal the code for it ;o)

hey, if you figure it out, tell me- i wanna put one on my website without linking thru to it wink lol
~C~

Jun 28 05 01:25 am Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

That's actually how the famous modeling site and the alleged scam, once "Options Talent" and then "Transcontinental Talent" then "Wilhelmina Scouting Network" (not too sure bout the last one... I quit befor they changed names again) presented their models' portfolio... Does this website charge models?  Ever since this options talent scandal, I am pretty skeptical about modeling sites now...especially those that resemble options talent

Jun 28 05 01:30 am Link

Model

Chaotika

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I've never heard of options talent, but when I got a few e-mails saying i should join modelgig, i thought i'd at least check it out, you know?
It seemed a bit shady to me, but it was free, so i figured, the hell with it- why not?
lol... like i said, i've yet to get anything from them, but the port design they have is really cool!
~C~

Jun 28 05 01:36 am Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

If you are familiar with flash, here is how to make the page flipping effect.

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/javascr … hacks.html

Jun 28 05 01:41 am Link

Model

Chaotika

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I'm not, but my fiancee is.. and he was supposed to start building my website a long time ago wink
I'll definitly throw that at him wink
I am familliar with html, myself.. flash is not something I've ever worked with... though i wanted my page to be flash cuz you can't steal flash imgs from the internet unless you print them wink
Thanks!
~C~

Jun 28 05 01:45 am Link

Photographer

Eusebio Photography

Santa Ana, California, US

It's also on www.ottomodels.com

Jun 28 05 02:15 am Link

Photographer

Eusebio Photography

Santa Ana, California, US

Posted by Chaotika: 
I've never heard of options talent, but when I got a few e-mails saying i should join modelgig, i thought i'd at least check it out, you know?
It seemed a bit shady to me, but it was free, so i figured, the hell with it- why not?
lol... like i said, i've yet to get anything from them, but the port design they have is really cool!
~C~

and to modelgig's defense, they seem very reliable from a photographer's point of view. I hired a couple of models through them sometime ago.

They booked a model for me that was difficult to get a hold of.
They also gave me a refund on a model that showed up at the shoot who looked nothing like the pics in her portfolio.

Jun 28 05 02:20 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

You're lucky you're hot, because websites that make noise without me specifically asking for it get closed with the quickness.

Jun 28 05 02:30 am Link

Model

Chaotika

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

they gave you a refund? wow- that's awesome!
and i didn't know it made a noise.. i had my sound turned off.. *heehee*
~C~

Jun 28 05 02:45 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Chaotika: 
When I signed up to model gig, i wasn't impressed and have never gotten anything from them as far as work is concerned.. but today, out of boredom, i went there and saw these red letters that sais "activate zed book"
~C~

The best part is that even though so many guys are looking at it, the pages don't stick to each other.

Jun 28 05 07:02 am Link

Model

Chaotika

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

Posted by Chaotika: 
~C~

The best part is that even though so many guys are looking at it, the pages don't stick to each other.

lmao- you're too funny ^_^

Jun 28 05 07:56 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

You can do this by using FlipAlbumPro, or one of the canned flash scripts available for free or sale on several websites...
I believe ZINIO magazine reader also uses something like that...

Jun 28 05 01:17 pm Link