Forums > General Industry > Need new image ideas...

Model

Lexi

hey,

I've just started trying to alter some of my own images with Photoshop, and have done quite a few within the last few months, however i am now running out of ideas with the simple photos i have!

plus, different types of shoots to do, most tog's worked with and upcoming tog's always ask me to do what feels comfortable or let me choose...

any ideas please?

thanks
Lexi xxx

Mar 09 06 01:51 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Lexi, have the photographers you've worked with given you permission to edit the photos?  It's important to be careful and make sure that whomever took the photograph you want to edit knows what you plan to do with it, and is okay with that.

Mar 09 06 02:12 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

Lexi:
My first idea for you is to try something outdoors (the beach is a good one, a bridge if you can find one with little traffic, a scenic location where the photog can play around with light and shadows, etc. etc.) .  Your port seems to be filled with 1-indoor shots and 2-a lot of pics that really don't do much for you in my opinion.  Let me clarify that.

The angels pic for example looks like you were added to it, rather than the other way around.  Basically it sort of looks like a PS experiment.  My first thought looking at it is about your wings, the dress second and you last.  The subject (you) IMO should be emphasized in your pics.  Unless of course the subject in that pic was wings.  I dunno.

Second, I would suggest trying taking some shots with a more vaired wardrobe.  Unless of course all you want are nudes.  I noticed your profile said you aren't doing adult pics, but you have several partial nude shots in your port.  This is somewhat misleading.

That's about all I can think of to help you.  I'm just starting out and so you may/may not appreciate my feedback.  Just lending MO.  smile

Sidenote:
Did you take these photos yourself, or are you editing another photographer's work??  If your case is the latter, you should be extremely careful if you have not gained permission from the photographer to edit the photos.  They are indeed photos of you, however they are the "property" of the photographer.

Mar 09 06 02:18 pm Link