Model

Glennda

Fontana, California, US

So, I am a 28 year old model who just started working last year. I have noticed a lot of job post asking for models between the ages of 18-26. Am I too old for this at 28? All my pics have been taken within the past 10 months. I think girls now know how to take care of themselves better than they ever did!

Jun 27 05 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Modeling is acting.

There are NO AGE LIMITS to be a model. There are only age limits on TYPES of modeling.

A super-hot 50 year old woman can still be a successful commercial/print model. Will she get in the Victoria's Secret catalog? Doubtful. Will she get in the Sears catalog? Absolutely.

At 28 you are NOT too old to model anything except Juniors clothing. You may not be right for certain jobs, but don't let age hinder you.

Remember - it is acting. One designer may only want 18 year olds. Another may be happy with 30-somethings. Just go with it. Don't take it personally if you are rejected. And know that you can still thrive at your age.

Jun 27 05 05:02 pm Link

Photographer

BluesteelPhoto

Harrisburg, Arkansas, US

Only models have issues with age. If you can talk the talk and walk the walk, then age is of no boundry.

Hell you look awesome. I'd shoot ya if you were 128

(I would just stand farther back smile

Jun 27 05 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

i have about three hundred model comp cards on my desk...none of them have an age on them...

Jun 27 05 05:26 pm Link

Model

Lisa Fortier

Cocoa, Florida, US

Posted by Glennda: 
So, I am a 28 year old model who just started working last year. I have noticed a lot of job post asking for models between the ages of 18-26. Am I too old for this at 28? All my pics have been taken within the past 10 months. I think girls now know how to take care of themselves better than they ever did! 

Well if it help you out any, I'm 39 and still waiting to get "jobs" modeling.  Someday, I'm sure.  yikes)

Jun 27 05 05:34 pm Link

Model

Lisa Fortier

Cocoa, Florida, US

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 
Modeling is acting.

There are NO AGE LIMITS to be a model. There are only age limits on TYPES of modeling.

A super-hot 50 year old woman can still be a successful commercial/print model. Will she get in the Victoria's Secret catalog? Doubtful. Will she get in the Sears catalog? Absolutely.

At 28 you are NOT too old to model anything except Juniors clothing. You may not be right for certain jobs, but don't let age hinder you.

Remember - it is acting. One designer may only want 18 year olds. Another may be happy with 30-somethings. Just go with it. Don't take it personally if you are rejected. And know that you can still thrive at your age.

I think its a real bummer that I couldn't get into a Victoria Secret Catalouge.  I'd LOVE to give those young girls a run for their money...   ;o)

Jun 27 05 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

The only age limits for photography and ad work is 18 for certain items,(though maybe different in a few states)

And 25 for cigerette and alcohol ads.

The rest is BS.  They probably want a resume also.

Jun 27 05 05:44 pm Link

Model

McKenzie

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Posted by Glennda: 

My age doesn't stop me!  I am 28 too.  I think with girls who are latter 20's or older are more mature, responsible, dependable etc.  Some people think they are even more attractive.  You are right, we do know how to take care of ourselves better.  We tend to watch out physical appearance more, we tend to not overdue our make-up.....I can go on.  I say we blow this pop joint....hehehehe....LOL...just one of those sentences I throw in that makes NO sense whatsoever...BUT on that note...we also have a better sense of humor!!!!  LOVES!!!

McKenzie

Jun 27 05 05:48 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

What Mark said.

Models and actresses typically use an age range, which may or may not reflect their actual chronological age. Unfortuantely,  with independant models, you find a lot of models that really don't have a realistic view of themselves. e.g. "I'm 40 but my friends tell me I look 25!" Eeek.

But 28 when the age range is 18-26? Sounds like you're still probably qualified.

Jun 27 05 05:48 pm Link

Model

Lisa Fortier

Cocoa, Florida, US

Posted by theda: 
What Mark said.

Models and actresses typically use an age range, which may or may not reflect their actual chronological age. Unfortuantely,  with independant models, you find a lot of models that really don't have a realistic view of themselves. e.g. "I'm 40 but my friends tell me I look 25!
But 28 when the age range is 18-26? Sounds like you're still probably qualified.

I'm shocked, you mean my kids are only buttering me up when they say I look 25??   LOL

Jun 27 05 05:58 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by Lisa Fortier: 
I'm shocked, you mean my kids have are only buttering me up when they say I look 25??   LOL

Well, how long after they tell you that do they ask for $20?

Jun 27 05 06:02 pm Link

Model

StaciF

New York, New York, US

age is really in your mind- now as theda says- US 39/40 yr olds might not be able to pass for 18 but I have been told by people other than relatives I could pass for 29........so just keep modeling

Jun 27 05 06:05 pm Link

Model

Lisa Fortier

Cocoa, Florida, US

Posted by theda: 

Posted by Lisa Fortier: 
I'm shocked, you mean my kids have are only buttering me up when they say I look 25??   LOL

Well, how long after they tell you that do they ask for $20?

Actually, never...   They give me a hug and tell me that I'm a sexy mama.  by the way my son is 19 and my daughter is 17  wink  Have actually had my sons friends ask him if i'm his girlfriend LOL  gag

Jun 27 05 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

San Diego, California, US

Posted by Glennda: 

Hey, my posted limit is 28 so you're just under the wire!  smile

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned it's usually just a guidline (except for the over 18 limit for certain projects).  If you think you have the look for a project, go ahead and respond to it, couldn't hurt.

I think you look great.  Take a look at my profile and let me know if you'd be interested in the magazine project.

Jun 27 05 06:10 pm Link

Photographer

Rowen

Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, US

I'm always looking for *older* models.  They are hard to find around my area.....

-Rowen

Jun 27 05 06:11 pm Link

Model

StaciF

New York, New York, US

Where abouts in Penn?  Are you closer to Jersey or Ohio?

Jun 27 05 06:15 pm Link

Photographer

Shutterbug5269

Herkimer, New York, US

I have worked with models between the ages of 13-45.  Age is NOT a factor in my photographic work. (except in the area of genre or content) 

To my way of thinking, if a model wants to pose for me, has a good look, and is willing to show up on time ready to shoot, then I don't care about their age.

Jun 27 05 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

t.Carlos

Indiahoma, Oklahoma, US

NO you are not too old! Great look.

Jun 28 05 07:37 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I just posted this in another thread:

Commercial print primetime for women is 24 to 39 years old.

Lookie here.

From the link:

For instance, using this table you find that only 9.1% of all commercial print jobs are for young girls in the 17-23 year old category. The highest percentage of these are Caucasian, but that still means that 96% of all commercial print work is NOT for "pretty young white girls".

Jun 28 05 07:49 am Link

Photographer

Daniel Hice Image Works

Kennesaw, Georgia, US

Glennda you look amazing! I actually prefer shooting with models who are a little older...aka over the early drama years. I want to shoot both Lisa and McKenzie more than most of the 18 year olds that are around. I have an extremely bad taste in my mouth from a lot of the young girls who think their crap don't stink and that schedules are just like intructions to men, overrated and theory based. I have been on a shoot with Lisa and even though I let the other photog use my camera it was a great experience to work with someone who is both professional and shows up on time.

I think both Lisa and McKenzie...and now you have bodies that easily rival...hell..beat most of the young'ns about.

Jun 28 05 07:59 am Link