Forums > General Industry > Why complain to people on the internet?

Photographer

Deaftone

Los Angeles, California, US

I joined this site for a lot of reasons and there are some interesting threads here that answer all sorts of questions and display how many crazy, fun, and talented people are making this one of their stomping grounds.  So with all of that said why are there so many chearleaders out here just crying whoa is me and I have been wronged. 

Just shut up and work

Mar 08 06 09:32 pm Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

One responce sums this up:  Drama

Mar 08 06 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Deaftone,

You and I need something to complain about.   Some of it is damn funny though.

Shut up and pay me now.

Mar 08 06 09:41 pm Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

got to have the complaints.

Mar 08 06 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Jack D Trute wrote:
Deaftone,

You and I need something to complain about.   Some of it is damn funny though.

Shut up and pay me now.

you are funny even when you whining!

Mar 08 06 10:01 pm Link

Model

Jeri Lynn Astra

Pleasantville, New York, US

Because all models are flakey and all photographers are shadey GWCs, doncha know? But hey, this is only the internet. If we were all "real" and "professional" there would be nothing to bitch about!

/end sarcasm

Mar 08 06 10:24 pm Link

Model

The Crimson Kitty

Hackensack, New Jersey, US

Deaftone wrote:
I joined this site for a lot of reasons and there are some interesting threads here that answer all sorts of questions and display how many crazy, fun, and talented people are making this one of their stomping grounds.  So with all of that said why are there so many chearleaders out here just crying whoa is me and I have been wronged. 

Just shut up and work

I AGREE!!!!!

More people cry and cry on these forums rather that utilizing it for its great networking potential!!! Well said!

Mar 08 06 10:28 pm Link

Model

Phoenix E

hey....it's a captive audience....
some of us don't have real friends.
*sniffle*

Mar 08 06 10:29 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Phoenix E wrote:
hey....it's a captive audience....
some of us don't have real friends.
*sniffle*

I'll be your friend, Phoenix.  Wanna share my sammich?

Mar 08 06 10:31 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Some people just love mental masturbation, you know.

Mar 08 06 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:

you are funny even when you whining!

check this out.

I am sick and tired of the sick and tired threads
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=26633

Mar 08 06 10:48 pm Link

Photographer

Deaftone

Jack D Trute wrote:

check this out.

I am sick and tired of the sick and tired threads
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=26633

I know you are right, no disagreement, just talked to a long time friend and we were both laughing at the amount of people who brag and boast or bust other peoples chops,saying they are this and that.  So the thread came from that.

Mar 08 06 10:53 pm Link

Model

InDecisivE

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I'm not sure I've complained too much - but my main reasoning is usually to find out if its something worth complaining about...
Or possibly because it's easier to rant to a bunch of people that 'aren't really there' than it is to say yell at my roommate for an hour - get her grumpy - then have to deal with the both of us being in a bad mood...

The internet sometimes seems to get rid of the 'domino' effect...

Mar 08 06 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

"Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix was redesigned to this: the peak of your civilization."
https://www.themagickalreview.org/occult-newswire/img/agent-smith-listens.jpg

Mar 08 06 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

Deaftone

Eric I am speechless

Mar 08 06 11:19 pm Link

Model

Adria W.

Sacramento, California, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
"Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost. Some believed we lacked the programming language to describe your perfect world. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix was redesigned to this: the peak of your civilization."
https://www.themagickalreview.org/occult-newswire/img/agent-smith-listens.jpg

Bravo.

Mar 08 06 11:23 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Deaftone wrote:
So with all of that said why are there so many chearleaders out here just crying whoa is me and I have been wronged.

Because dissatisfaction motivates change.  In every thread (almost regardless of the topic), and especially the most hotly debated ones, someone's thinking is refined.  Whiners are exposing themselves to the ideas and opinions of others.   There's a certain courageousness to that.

-Dave

Mar 09 06 08:32 am Link

Photographer

Dreams To Keep

Novi, Michigan, US

Because its free.

Mar 09 06 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

Whoa, dude... trippy!

"Depressives envy those with anxiety, for they seem highly aware and attuned. Those with anxiety envy the depressives, for they seem serene and deep. The rest of us, the few in balance, couldn't care less."

Mar 09 06 07:39 pm Link