Forums > General Industry > Warning all models and photogs about modelcruz.com

Photographer

Sirimo

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom

I've just had an email from http://www.modelcruz.com Telling me I had a message to pick and to log into my account there. I thought this odd as I never joined their site.

I put my email address in and requested a password and a random pass was sent. On logging in they have copied word for word by profile from here, and all my portfolio images.

The scariest thing about it is it's also a 'dating site' ... I do not want to be associated with any such seedy site or worse yet be labelled a GWC.

I've tracked the company down to a US server hosting the site but an Indian company running it. Trying to call the number on the DNS record gets a number not available error.

I've manually deleted all the photos, changed all the profile info to 111's and sent an email to their address complaining.

Be on the look out, I'm sure if they've taken my details they'll have taken many others from here.

Mar 07 06 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

We should call Yanni to help.

Mar 07 06 01:44 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

Jack D Trute wrote:
We should call Yanni to help.

jack you are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 07 06 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

CrazyIsabelAurora wrote:

jack you are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wanna break my finger? 

You always kill me.

Mar 07 06 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Sirimo

Who's Yanni  ? Sorry not been on the site that long, as you can see only my 2nd post ! smile

Mar 07 06 01:47 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

Jack D Trute wrote:

You wanna break my finger? 

You always kill me.

https://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/1074.gif

Mar 07 06 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Sirimo wrote:
Who's Yanni  ? Sorry not been on the site that long, as you can see only my 2nd post ! smile

Exactly! who is Yanni ! some photog here has sexual attraction to Yanni !

Mar 07 06 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

Sirimo wrote:
I've just had an email from http://www.modelcruz.com Telling me I had a message to pick and to log into my account there. I thought this odd as I never joined their site.

I put my email address in and requested a password and a random pass was sent. On logging in they have copied word for word by profile from here, and all my portfolio images.

The scariest thing about it is it's also a 'dating site' ... I do not want to be associated with any such seedy site or worse yet be labelled a GWC.

I've tracked the company down to a US server hosting the site but an Indian company running it. Trying to call the number on the DNS record gets a number not available error.

I've manually deleted all the photos, changed all the profile info to 111's and sent an email to their address complaining.

Be on the look out, I'm sure if they've taken my details they'll have taken many others from here.

Thanks for the tip, Sirimo.

Mar 07 06 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

phcorcoran

Lawrence, Indiana, US

Sirimo wrote:
I've just had an email . . .

How did the email come to you?  Did it come through the Model Mayhem message system, or through your personal email?  I can see how a website might lift your profile and photos, but Model Mayhem keeps personal email addresses private, unless you post them yourself.  I see that you give yours away in your profile.

Mar 07 06 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

Sirimo

It came through to my msn email address, which is on my profile.

I Should have taken a screen shot of it all before I wiped my data. It was word for word the profile and images from here.

Mar 07 06 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

MartinCoatesIV

Panama City Beach, Florida, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:

Exactly! who is Yanni ! some photog here has sexual attraction to Yanni !

Isnt he a famous chello player?

Mar 08 06 04:43 am Link

Model

shellyradley

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

***EEK*** thats scary!!!

Mar 08 06 04:44 am Link