Forums > General Industry > Overseas...

Model

InDecisivE

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Ok - over the past few months I've had a few "photographers"/"people in the business" contact me from such places in Europe..

They seem like great people - with great opportunities.. But the constantly insist on "cam" time (webcam) as proof to being "you"...

I suppose the general idea - makes sense. I don't doubt that people fake being people more often than never... But-!
I work with people in the USA, this is never an issue!?..

I can supply references, and pictures - and to me that is proof I am who I am! -
Sometimes it's not going on cam that's the problem, it's that they insist on me 'showing myself naked' to show "comfort level, and comfort in my own skin"... "I want to see how you are nude infront of a camera, how you display yourself - if you are comfortable in your own skin"...
And then even.. Some ask that I show them some of my poses...

Now - again - I can see that this might make sense.. But is this a normal thing to ask!?.. Is that how it works?!...

Mar 06 06 05:00 pm Link

Model

InDecisivE

I would like to also add.. That 'these people' also seem very flaky: meaning: if I am not willing, or don't do this... They are quick to say goodbye, and almost have a snappy (again, i'm assuming, I just read the typing and take it how I feel) attitude saying things like "well if you are ever interested....", "I'm busy, I deal with models all the time - if you are not willing to take this opportunity I'll carry on"...

Everything is so.... - This is your chance - take it or leave it...
Yet - in a month or so... They seem to try again...........

More so - it just seems like 'perverts' to me.......

Mar 06 06 05:02 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

No that's NOT how it works.

Studio36

Mar 06 06 05:10 pm Link

Model

InDecisivE

studio36uk wrote:
No that's NOT how it works.

Studio36

I didn't think so - but I figured it was worth asking..
as if it's a 'people' who is considering - going by what they tell me - "flying me out - or sponsoring me"...
It did make some sense.. but I couldn't get it to sit happily in my head...

Mar 06 06 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Tell you what.. why don't you go on cam with me and show me the type of poses they requested. Then I can make a more educated  determination if it's legit or not.

Mar 07 06 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Tell you what.. why don't you go on cam with me and show me the type of poses they requested. Then I can make a more educated  determination if it's legit or not.

Naturally, there will also be the need for another impartial witness to corroborate this.

Mar 07 06 08:18 pm Link

Model

InDecisivE

LOL - thanks guys wink

Mar 07 06 08:55 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

stop making me think you are Brian!!!!

wink

Mar 07 06 08:58 pm Link