Forums > General Industry > CLUCK,CLUCK... the naked chicken

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

As stories of American attitudes on nudity go this one is hard to beat:

Studio36

--------

A fowl tale; Can rubber chickens be obscene?

By Adam Gaffin, Boston Globe Correspondent,  March 5, 2006

Somebody in Roslindale is deeply offended by the bikini-clad rubber-chicken doggie chew toys in the window of Pet Cabaret on Washington Street. Lisa Di Pietro, one of the pet supply store's owners, reports on her Pet Talk at Pet Cabaret about a phone call from an irate man:

''He asks how he is supposed to walk his children by our store and explain to them why there are naked chickens in the window."

The other owner, Lisa Schlossberg, ''explained to him that all chickens are naked, they usually don't wear clothes." And the chicken ''was wearing a purple polka-dot bikini, and so was not naked.

''He remained unconvinced. He threatened to call the mayor's office and report us. (I am not sure which department of Mayor Menino's office deals with rubber chickens.)"

https://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1161/1710/1600/Henrietta_Solo.jpg

Mar 06 06 04:18 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

When will our country grow the hell up? Naked chickens? There was an issue of Howard the Duck with an advocate demanding that all animals be clothed. What is wrong with people? I think it's silly for a chicken to be wearing a bikini, especially seeing as how they have no breats to be covered in the first place. But to think some idiot would feel offended... what? Is this guy just into rubber chickens or something and so he feels turned on or something? Or maybe he uses rubber chickens for other things. I think this is a case of projected feeling of erotica. Hmmm...

And this just reminds me how totally stupid people can be. ANd to think this guy has kids... that's the really scary part. Some people should not be allowed to breed.

-P-

Mar 06 06 04:30 pm Link

Model

InDecisivE

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Wow.

Mar 06 06 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Pat Thielen wrote:
There was an issue of Howard the Duck with an advocate demanding that all animals be clothed.
  -P-

Howard the Duck was a kind of an edgy [or should that be "on the edge"] character if only because he kept trying to get into Lea Thompson's pants.

ROTFLMAO

Studio36

Mar 06 06 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

InDecisivE wrote:
Wow.

Mar 06 06 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

One word:  Republicans!

Mar 06 06 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Landra Lee Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

People need to find better things to do with their time than complain about chew toys. What is the world coming to. Jeebus.

Mar 06 06 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Landra Lee Photography wrote:
People need to find better things to do with their time than complain about chew toys. What is the world coming to. Jeebus.

It helps to avoid real issues!

Just like the election campaign platform that suggests "Make war not (gay) love!"

Mar 06 06 10:56 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
... I think it's silly for a chicken to be wearing a bikini, especially seeing as how they have no breats to be covered in the first place...
  -P-

Pat's absolutely correct.  Chickens are not mammals and have no breasts!!!
Now I'm gonna go sue KFC because they've been selling products that actually never existed!!!

: )

Mar 06 06 10:58 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

Now that was a hot chicken... any photographers interested in shooting her?  I call dibs on being her manager!

Mar 06 06 11:26 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Brandon Smith wrote:
Now that was a hot chicken... any photographers interested in shooting her?  I call dibs on being her manager!

There are already enough chicks in bathingsuits on this site... and some of their skins are so photoshopped, that they look like rubber too...

Mar 06 06 11:30 pm Link

Model

shellyradley

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

isn't this not similar to the crazy frog getting his willy censored?

Mar 07 06 10:00 am Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

studio36uk wrote:
As stories of American attitudes on nudity go this one is hard to beat:

Studio36

--------

A fowl tale; Can rubber chickens be obscene?

By Adam Gaffin, Boston Globe Correspondent,  March 5, 2006

Somebody in Roslindale is deeply offended by the bikini-clad rubber-chicken doggie chew toys in the window of Pet Cabaret on Washington Street. Lisa Di Pietro, one of the pet supply store's owners, reports on her Pet Talk at Pet Cabaret about a phone call from an irate man:

''He asks how he is supposed to walk his children by our store and explain to them why there are naked chickens in the window."

The other owner, Lisa Schlossberg, ''explained to him that all chickens are naked, they usually don't wear clothes." And the chicken ''was wearing a purple polka-dot bikini, and so was not naked.

''He remained unconvinced. He threatened to call the mayor's office and report us. (I am not sure which department of Mayor Menino's office deals with rubber chickens.)"

https://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1161/1710/1600/Henrietta_Solo.jpg

that is the funniest thing ever! smile

Mar 07 06 10:12 am Link

Photographer

STUDIOMONA PHOTOGRAPHY

Avon, Minnesota, US

ohmigosh, how about Ernie's rubber duckie tub scene?  he sings, rubber duckie you're the one, you make bath time lots of fun, rubber duckie i'm awfully fond of you, tra lalalallaa..is there a subliminal message to that as well??? smile

Mar 07 06 10:14 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
Some people should not be allowed to breed.

For this one I like Scott Adams' expression for indicating ironic dismay...

"... and then he voted."

M

Mar 07 06 11:21 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

that's a sexy chicken;
I cant resist the obvious  COCK joke.

yes. I can, I will be nice today! that was too easy.
i will leave that for Jay Bowman

Well, Minnie Mouse used to make me lock the bathroom door!

Mar 07 06 11:31 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

For some reason I think there is a rubber chicken department in the White House.

Oh yea, it's called the Oval Office wink

Mar 07 06 11:38 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

C R Photography wrote:
For some reason I think there is a rubber chicken department in the White House.

Oh yea, it's called the Oval Office wink

That should be the "OVOID" office. LOL

Studio36

Mar 07 06 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Morton Visuals

Hope, Idaho, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
I think it's silly for a chicken to be wearing a bikini, especially seeing as how they have no breats to be covered in the first place.

Assuming that's a typo, chickens most certainly DO have breasts! They are my favorite part - and the first pieces I grab from the bucket. :-p

If you ARE referring to breats, maybe they are located in the same area as the chicken's nuggets...???

;-)

Mar 07 06 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

BasementStudios

Newton Falls, Ohio, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
One word:  Republicans!

One word for you...IGNORANT especially since Roslindale is a neighborhood in Boston, a predominantly DEMOCRAT, Liberal city, it's more likely that it was a Democrat.

Mar 07 06 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

Morton Visuals

Hope, Idaho, US

studio36uk wrote:
Howard the Duck was a kind of an edgy [or should that be "on the edge"] character if only because he kept trying to get into Lea Thompson's pants.

And who WOULDN'T??? 

big_smile

Mar 07 06 01:18 pm Link

Model

na52

Oh world....

Mar 07 06 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

BasementStudios wrote:

One word for you...IGNORANT especially since Roslindale is a neighborhood in Boston, a predominantly DEMOCRAT, Liberal city, it's more likely that it was a Democrat.

yeah, but that was the lone Republican living in the neighborhood

Mar 07 06 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

New Laws:

Chicken breasts must be covered in the A&P.
No eating of eggs - abortion law.

and chicken thighs must be older than 18 to be EATEN!

Mar 07 06 01:40 pm Link