Forums > General Industry > Are ppl in La..

Photographer

Sean Armenta

Los Angeles, California, US

Select Models wrote:

Dude... it's on March 25, not the 24th... but that's OK... you're ALL invited and it's FREE admission... WooHoo!  Gary is buyin all female models that show up to the party and photographers that come to his photoshoot that same day FREE pizza... whatta guy!  How can U be more friendly than that?... wink

GARY -- do you usually refer to yourself in the 3rd person?

Mar 06 06 09:58 pm Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

hey im going to LA too, for the smashbox fashion week, i'l be staying in hollywood, at the renaissance hotel, shooting a few of the shows, and a guest at a few others, i'll be there 3-19 thru 3-23

now last time i was there, people were very mean to me, everyone, everywhere. (even at the airport, they gave me a friggin minivan instead of the cadillac xlr i asked for)

so, soon as i would say: "hey! howa YOU doin?" they would say "oh! you're from NYC?" then i would say say: "yeah, why? is there a fucking problem?" and it was all downhill after that

btw, is it true that the smog is the reason they have such great sunsets?

Mar 06 06 11:14 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

I figure LA blows pretty much like every other big city in the US.  Lotsa good - lotsa bad - saints and jerks all mixed together. 

The only thing that really is an adjustment is the mind boggling traffic - Just take your time - plan for extra delays so that you don't feel rushed and add you own anxious vibe to the rest of them.

Find a buddy or two when you are here and have them be the guides/mapmakers etc. for you.

The great thing is that you sound like a real gem - and there are a lot of talented and savy people you will have wanting to work with you.  And that adds to the pool of people that you can call upon.

My only regret - *sad tear rolling down the cheek* is that I won't have the chance to shoot with you.

But seriously - if you need ideas or assistance in the Inland Empire regions while you are here - drop me a line here.

VintageVista

Mar 07 06 12:03 am Link

Model

InDecisivE

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Vintagevista wrote:
I figure LA blows pretty much like every other big city in the US.  Lotsa good - lotsa bad - saints and jerks all mixed together. 

The only thing that really is an adjustment is the mind boggling traffic - Just take your time - plan for extra delays so that you don't feel rushed and add you own anxious vibe to the rest of them.

Find a buddy or two when you are here and have them be the guides/mapmakers etc. for you.

The great thing is that you sound like a real gem - and there are a lot of talented and savy people you will have wanting to work with you.  And that adds to the pool of people that you can call upon.

My only regret - *sad tear rolling down the cheek* is that I won't have the chance to shoot with you.

But seriously - if you need ideas or assistance in the Inland Empire regions while you are here - drop me a line here.

VintageVista

With all this being said...
I think I went to far ahead.. I'm not even sure I can do LA - ... Jeez!...
It sounds like a seperate vacation - in order for it to go properly.

Mar 07 06 12:07 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

remember, california is full of fruits and nuts

Every fruit is a little nutty, every nut a litlle fruity.

Mar 07 06 01:08 am Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

L.A.? or LA?

you're getting responses about California so i'm guessing you mean the former; just wanted to make sure ...

... since i'll be shooting again in L.A. (April) too; do love working in NOLA also though! have had enjoyable projects in both!

fml

Mar 07 06 01:13 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

I stayed in Bakersfield right outside of LA the entire winter.  That was the 1st time I had ever been to CA in my entire life and I LOVED IT!!!!!  I can't wait to go back, I went into town a lot and I so love Venice beach. LOL  I'm all back in dusty ol' West Texas now.  If I could live there I think I would or might.  Although... my fiance hates the place but I don't have a clue why. big_smile  (of course the homeless people scared me, oh and you need to go right outside of Frisco and see the Sequoia forest, it's soooo beautiful!!!)

Mar 07 06 01:22 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Sean Armenta wrote:

GARY -- do you usually refer to yourself in the 3rd person?

I tried the 4th and 5th person, but they got jealous... wink

Mar 07 06 01:44 am Link

Photographer

megafunk

Select Models wrote:
it's on March 25, not the 24th... but that's OK...

You just had to show me up in front of the hot chick, didn't you?

Mar 07 06 03:46 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

megafunk wrote:

You just had to show me up in front of the hot chick, didn't you?

Megmeister... lol... come on dude... U know the drill... I supply the hot chicks... U show up... wink

Mar 07 06 04:00 am Link

Model

msonyxorb

Far West Imaging wrote:
I have lived here for 20+ years.  I wouldn't live anywhere else.

First you will find better weather here (that is true, almost no matter where you are coming from).  300+ great days a year.

Next, don't plan on mass transit to get anywhere...can't be done.  And taxis are expensive, since nothing is close.  The car rental or better friends with a car is required.

But there are certainly lots of fun things to do.  You will have a great time, as long as you don't become a hermit. 

You don't say where you will be in LA.  That makes a difference.  You can find almost anything here...you just have to look or know someone.  There are good and bad areas...safe and unsafe areas...rich areas, very rich areas...and very poor areas.  Doesn't help too much, huh?

Message me if you want to know any specifics.

i use mass transit to get everywhere. and yes it can be done. Unless youre one of those annoying people who live in the suburbs. i mean who DOES that?

Mar 07 06 04:26 am Link

Photographer

MartinCoatesIV

Panama City Beach, Florida, US

FML-Photography wrote:
L.A.? or LA?

you're getting responses about California so i'm guessing you mean the former; just wanted to make sure ...

... since i'll be shooting again in L.A. (April) too; do love working in NOLA also though! have had enjoyable projects in both!

fml

Didnt I make this joke on the first page?

Mar 08 06 04:35 am Link