Forums > General Industry > Is it hard for a guy to find a modeling job?

Hair Stylist

wheelsun

San Diego, California, US

I got no portfolio, never involved in any professional job and I'm old... haha... can't get into the industry right?  Especially for fobby asians like me... oh boy California hates me!

Jun 26 05 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

p h o t o f a s h i o n

London, England, United Kingdom

Posted by wheelsun: 
I got no portfolio, never involved in any professional job and I'm old... haha... can't get into the industry right?  Especially for fobby asians like me... oh boy California hates me!

its hard enough for a male model to even get a reply in these forums..let alone a job!

Jun 27 05 02:35 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Morris

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Problem for me as a photographer is that there are very few male models in my area that fit what I want to shoot ... lots of casual male models ...but very few fashion able models ... Maybe I am missing something ...but is difficult for photographers as well ...just my opinion though ...

Jun 28 05 08:23 pm Link

Model

Silver Oak

Houston, Alaska, US

I'm told by my "soon to be agency" that my look (34-40) is wide open with lots of opportunities. Just depends on which clients are looking....Fathers Day is a perfect example. Not gonna make sense to put a 20 year old male model in a picture wih 3 kids.

Jun 28 05 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Because lots of photographers just like shooting pictures of hot young women.

The reason I have started making an effort to shoot with more males is because I realized that my portfolio of nothing but "sexy, 20-something, caucasian chicks" looks kinda lame.

"Real" photographers have all ages, races, sexes, colors and creeds in their portfolios. So, keep on the lookout for those who are ready and willing to shoot with you. You'll find them eventually.

Jun 29 05 12:20 am Link

Model

Mz Nova

Portland, Oregon, US

Hey look at that, one of you lives in LA, the other in San Diego..maybe you guys should schedule a shoot between those two places? (yeah, three hours away, i know, but go somewhere between and it'll only be 1.5 hours, and thats not too bad, right?)

Jun 29 05 10:12 am Link

Model

Linda T

Lubbock, Texas, US

Oh pls??? hard for a guy to get a job??? I think it's easier for a guy to get a job.  I've seen so many more castings for them in LA, CA!!! now, it's just easy to get shoots for us girls beause we're so cute ^_^  I'm trying to find some paying jobs.  You're in Cali go look at lacastings.com there's a lot of casting calls for guys on there and guys get paid mroe for some reason which really makes me mad... :-\ even if it's for the same thing the men get paid more, I think it's degrading... -_-  You should take a look at my profile in a week or 2 i'll have pink hair! LOL seriously I will but it'll just be a wig. You should take pictures of your friends that you've done work on.  Then you'll have some more portfolio stuff to show. oh, btw you look like one of my friends here in town ^_^ lol

Jul 01 05 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

jpsc

Santa Clara, California, US

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 
"Real" photographers have all ages, races, sexes, colors and creeds in their portfolios. So, keep on the lookout for those who are ready and willing to shoot with you. You'll find them eventually.

Do some volunteer works - you be amaze on how many people you get to photograph in an hour, all ages and greed and willing to pose.  I did 460 people in a couple hours - no studio lights, no strobes

Jul 01 05 06:04 pm Link