Forums > General Industry > Published!

Photographer

Rik Bowman

Taos, New Mexico, US

I was wondering, when you first saw your photo(s) for an ad or promotion, how did that make you feel?

I ask because I feel so 'funny' inside seeing my photo for my recent work with Halo Guitars.

Woot!

BTW the funny feeling is a GOOD feeling wink

Rik

Mar 05 06 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Ron B Blake

Macomb, Illinois, US

I felt the same seeing my first commercially printed brochure and most impressive cover shot.

Amazing enough since photographer credits with web site was given , solicitors tried to steal the glory acting as if i wont the lottery.

Congrats

Mar 05 06 09:51 am Link

Photographer

Ron B Blake

Macomb, Illinois, US

Ron B Blake wrote:
I felt the same seeing my first commercially printed brochure and most impressive cover shot.

Amazing enough since photographer credits with web site was given , solicitors tried to steal the glory acting as if i wont the lottery.

Congrats

(( WON )) not wont

Registering with the DO NOT CALL LIST helped

Mar 05 06 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Congratulations.

I'm practically on the edge of my seat waiting for my first two editorials to come out, along with my first cover.

I was very excited yesterday to see the flier for my gallery opening, made it feel real. Everything is kind of rushing toward me in the last three weeks. It finally feels like I am building momentum after so many months working on my portfolio full-time and wondering if it would ever catch fire.

https://charlesbeckwith.com/planbproof5.jpg

Mar 05 06 09:59 am Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Rik Bowman wrote:
I was wondering, when you first saw your photo(s) for an ad or promotion, how did that make you feel?

I ask because I feel so 'funny' inside seeing my photo for my recent work with Halo Guitars.

Woot!

BTW the funny feeling is a GOOD feeling wink

Rik

I have to admit, when I first saw my pictures published, I felt like I won an Oscar (even though I didn't get paid nor photocredit).

Mar 05 06 10:03 am Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Terrible.  It was a local newspaper.  They wanted to print it themselves from the negative.

The day it was to be in the paper came and...they printed it...reversed.

It wouldn't have been so bad exept there was a billboard in the picture, with writing on it.

I kept getting calls asking me if that was on purpose.

Mar 05 06 10:03 am Link

Photographer

nathan combs

Waynesboro, Virginia, US

maed me fell the same way and still duse like a 1000000000000$ but with out the big house , the cars but it defntly is the best felling

Mar 05 06 10:16 am Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

congrats, y first print made me giddy

Mar 05 06 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Ceehawk Multimedia

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

It was a rush beyond measure!!!  The relatives went wild too, calling me from out of state to congratulate me.

Congratulatons to you!

Mar 05 06 10:21 am Link

Photographer

TR PHOTO

Los Angeles, California, US

Congratulations ! -  The first time I saw my work advertised was while I was still in college. I loved it, and hated it. I wanted them to use a specific image and they picked a different " not so perfect " one. So I had a picture in a major magazine, but did not want to show it to my teacher who often critique magazine images.

Mar 05 06 10:36 am Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

I haven't had any of my fashion work published yet, but my other work has been. As a matter of fact, the author of a book that furnished with pictures wrote up a really nice photograph about how I helped him out with my photographs, etc.

It was a really great feeling!

Mar 06 06 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

Ahead Media

San Francisco, California, US

A couple variants on the theme. Seeing your image go from tiny pic on the lcd screen to being blown up to the big screen before 3000 people -- and the damn thing still held up. And seeing your image mass produced and become sort of impersonal -- I had a dvd box cover done a little while ago and it no longer felt like my work.

Mar 06 06 11:52 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

Congrads!  It's a very cool feeling.  I once had a creative agency and when we won a couple national accounts and got to create and place full page ads in national mags it was great feeling of accomplishment. - Even better when we were able to track ad responses and positive sales for one of our clients. 

I also got the same feeling when I did a first-ever location composite for the cover of Spiegel and Fingerhut catalogs (I didn't shoot the models, I just shot the backgrounds and did the composite work). - I think it's always a rush to see your ideas on the big grid.

Mar 07 06 01:26 am Link